PDA

View Full Version : Gowth Regulator Use on Cemetary

jdjoe_97
05-16-2002, 06:09 PM
Hey guys. I am thinking about using some growth regulator in a 11 acre cemetary I am mowing this season. I bid WAY TOO LOW as it turns out for that amount of work its taking. I am thinking of spraying the rows of stones in hopes to get away with no trimming for about three or four weeks between apps. What do you guys think? Any expreience with Primo?? I called my local LESCO and he said rate is .65-.77 oz. per 1,000 so I figured at max rate that will give me 3.7 acres of coverage per gallon. At a cost of 460.00 per gallon. It currently takes about 6 man hours of trimming for the stones. LESCO says that one app will last 3 or 4 weeks. I need to hear from some people to get there oppinion. Thanks so much. Joe

fireball
05-16-2002, 09:40 PM
Primo will work however be aware that the first application will have a tendency to thin out the poa in the grass. See the discussion on Primo in the Pesticide threads. Too date, the cost of Primo has been the same as the cost to trim thus no real savings but does take off the pressure during the busy season. Lesco has a product called triple play which contains Primo and this may give you an idea about the power of the product without having to buy a gallon of it.

KirbysLawn
05-17-2002, 12:52 AM
I just finished making my second round of Primo apps. The lawns that were treated 3 weeks ago are slow growing. I had three lawns today that I did not remove my trimmer...mow & blow. :D

I mixed .75 Primo and 6 oz iron.