PDA

View Full Version : Need to vent and need advice

pasto_guy
11-21-2009, 06:09 PM
So I bought a Parker leaf loader from a guy on these boards. The carb needed to be cleaned real good and the old fuel filter needed to be replaced. Got all that done from my local mower repair place with whom I have a great relationship. So today my crew was picking up leaves and the fuel line going into the fuel filter came off and poof - huge fire. Yeah the whole machine caught fire, burnt the tail light covers on the dump truck, burnt the back up camera on the truck. The good news was no one was hurt. The machine is toast need to repair the truck. The local fire department came out and helped put out fire and wrote a report. My question is do I turn this in to my insurance which I would have to pay a 500.00 deductable or get the repair shop to turn it in to theirs? I have several huge jobs that need to be done and no machine now. What to do what to do? Please help

Toy2
11-21-2009, 06:14 PM
I think its going to be yours, it would hard to prove the shop was the ones responsible for it, unless you went directly from the shop to the job, and what the fire department logs on the report.

Can you rent a replacement? I would try to get the shop to pay everything, but I feel they would never treat you right again....just my 02.....good luck

Landscape Poet
11-21-2009, 06:23 PM
So I bought a Parker leaf loader from a guy on these boards. The carb needed to be cleaned real good and the old fuel filter needed to be replaced. Got all that done from my local mower repair place with whom I have a great relationship. So today my crew was picking up leaves and the fuel line going into the fuel filter came off and poof - huge fire. Yeah the whole machine caught fire, burnt the tail light covers on the dump truck, burnt the back up camera on the truck. The good news was no one was hurt. The machine is toast need to repair the truck. The local fire department came out and helped put out fire and wrote a report. My question is do I turn this in to my insurance which I would have to pay a 500.00 deductable or get the repair shop to turn it in to theirs? I have several huge jobs that need to be done and no machine now. What to do what to do? Please help

Turn it into your insurance company. If the shop was really responsible you can rest assured that your insurance company will get reimbursed through them and they will reimburse your deductible after they recover the money. Trust me on this one, my wife is in insurance and sitting here telling me what to type.

pasto_guy
11-21-2009, 06:38 PM
Michael thats what I was wanting to hear. Thanks for both responses. I didn't want to ruin my relationship with my mower place, but can't afford to take a hit like this either. Anybody have any advice on a good leaf loader/debris loader. Looking at a bearcat online now.