PDA

View Full Version : Redmax 7100 hip or tube throttle

vanderveen44
11-21-2009, 10:05 PM
What do you suggest getting..hip or tube throttle and why?

ed2hess
11-21-2009, 10:54 PM
I am not buying any more tube throttles......on Echo there isn't a good way to keep the handle from turning 360 degrees and ripping either the cable or the wires off. Now maybe Redmax has that fixed but I think the hip trottles would be less trouble. I am the repair guy so always thinking that angle.

RDA
11-21-2009, 11:26 PM
What do you suggest getting..hip or tube throttle and why?

I had a hip throttle on my previous backpack blower, it worked fine, but when I bought my Redmax 7100, I went with the tube throttle and I prefer it. I have only had it one year but I haven't had any issues with the cable/wires as the tube only rotates a certain amount.

Regards,

Rich

Valk
11-24-2009, 04:08 PM
Do both the hip & tube throttles have cruise control?

They prolly do...but we all know what ASSUME means...:dizzy:

DLAWNS
11-25-2009, 12:16 AM
I prefer the hip throttle myself.

STIHL GUY
11-25-2009, 12:29 AM
i prefer the tube throttle so that i have one hand free at all times

LALawnboy
11-25-2009, 02:07 AM
I definitely prefer tube throttles. When I bought my Echo 755, it was a hip throttle, but I changed it to tube throttle today. I'll never buy another blower with hip throttle.

12Valve
11-25-2009, 03:15 AM
Ive run echo with hip throttle...never could get used to it. I guess its personal pref but i live the br550 tube myself.

W.L.M.
11-25-2009, 08:47 AM
I ran hip throttle when I worked for my old man. However, both of my current bp's are tube throttle and I would never run a hip throttle again. I just feel like you have better control with the trigger of the tube throttle.

rvpkanapsky
11-28-2009, 12:59 AM
I like the tube throttle, but the wire always seems to come of the metal hanger on the tube

brucec32
11-29-2009, 02:40 PM
I prefer hip throttles.

1. The cruise control tab on the tube mounted ones break off if sticking out and anything pushes against it. In limited hours of use I've had 2 break on one unit. Never any problems with hip throttles. This could be an Echo problem, not for all, though.

2. Due to twisting and movement, sometimes the triggers will not operate freely and they require more force than is comfortable till the cables sort themselves out.

3. Maybe it's exposed cables, but I've had a few more problems with shut off wires getting disconnected and other nagging problems.

4. Sometimes the hand grip gets awkward in tight spots.

On the other hand, hip throttles take some getting used to and can get in the way. And they require your free hand to change the setting.

If not for the damage issue, it would be a toss up.