PDA

View Full Version : Weird aerator

Turf Dawg
11-22-2009, 08:43 PM
Can anyone tell me anything about these types of Lesco aerators? There are a couple of the them on Dallas Craigslist. Is the arm on the front for transport?http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/grd/1466468514.html

grassman177
11-22-2009, 08:48 PM
those are dinosaurs and would kill you to operate. i ahd a buddy who had one like it. aint worth 500 bucks i know that

Runner
11-23-2009, 10:57 AM
I have to somewhat disagree on this. I owned that aerator for many years, and it was a great piece of equipment. as far as wearing you out, what we did, was hang two barbell weights (tied together) over the T of the front caster bar. this turned it into a whole different machine. The front end stayed down, we got better penetration, and this machine would just "walk" anywhere. All we had to do is walk behind it with minimal guidance, as the machine became so stable. This thing was awesome on hills, and would definitely move. It was a good production machine and pulled good plugs - even in adverse conditions. One nice thing about this, is everything on it is replaceable with rather generic parts. Even the tines are still available.

LawnTamer
11-23-2009, 11:18 AM
Around here, guys who have those hold onto them. Most I have seen don't have those front wheels, I imagine they have been removed. I have never used one, but a lot of guys are die-hard fans. When they do sell one, it is gone within hrs.

topsites
11-23-2009, 12:25 PM
Hmmmm...
Never seen one like that either, sure looks nice...

But the question I have, is that really a quality machine?
For that kind of money and the looks of the picture it wouldn't seem like it holds up.
Just my opinion, most run 3-4 thousand new, at least a grand used.
That and it just doesn't look very beefy...

That aside, any true core aerator is going to be a piece of work, unless you
want to do things the lazy (and in my book improper) way, every single Wb
Core aeration machine does translate to hard work, that much is normal.
Mostly, in the turns.

Except maybe split axle drives, add another grand to the price.

But if it's like the guys are saying, for $500 that thing turns out half decent it's a steal.

Turf Dawg
11-23-2009, 12:59 PM
Thank ya'll for the input. Any one else that has used them feel free to chime in.

Kutz Lawns
11-23-2009, 01:24 PM
I used a Lawn Solutions aerator & over seeder machines from our local rental station this fall and they were way more difficult to use than what they show on their videos online, that's for sure!

The aerator machine did an OK job but had to go over the lawn at least 3 times to get it done correctly.

The mayor
11-23-2009, 03:13 PM
I know someone that owns one and loves the thing. I myself have never used that model.