PDA

View Full Version : How to store extended reach hedge trimmers

unkownfl
11-22-2009, 10:17 PM
Just what the title says preferably on open trailers or pick-up beds.

B Gillespie
11-22-2009, 11:23 PM
Tool box designed for large conduit or hot stick storage mounted on the side of the trailer. Most are eight plus feet long, lock, sealed door, vented.
Posted via Mobile Device

unkownfl
11-22-2009, 11:27 PM
There is no way I could put it in a shot gun tube. it is one of these.

http://www.stihlusa.com/graphics/hedgetrimmers/HL45.jpg

B Gillespie
11-22-2009, 11:33 PM
The boxes I have are rectangular and large enough to hold an HT101, string trimmer, or edger. They hold several sections of conduit and or hot sticks and lay up sticks. Many utility companies have old, extra boxes like these in their storage yards.
Posted via Mobile Device

Runner
11-23-2009, 10:51 AM
Mine hangs right on my trimmer rack, and is secured firmly.
BGillespie mentioned the boxes, and I'd just like to add to that. I have a friend, that on all his trailers, he has the long delta tool boxes mounted to the side of the trailer over the fenders. these boxes hold 2 trimmers each, string, extra heads and parts, and a few tools for them. They are secure, and out of the weather.

topsites
11-23-2009, 12:33 PM
That's an interesting device there, same company that made mine...

Because the way I did it is I took an FS-85r trimmer, removed the string spool and installed the $200 trimming attachment.
Granted, my tool might be more expensive that way.
But this attachment folds at various angles, so to store it I fold it to 90 degrees and then stick it in a corner, so to speak.
Otherwise it's just too dang long.

Now in the trailer it would fit straight, there I'm just afraid I'm going to run into it / over it with a mower thou.

Either way it's not a daily use tool, most of the time I keep it at home.
They are a bit "unwieldy" lol

Tharrell
11-23-2009, 06:24 PM
That's an odd one for sure. Too short for a regular rack probably.
I have 2 FS85's that I have several attachments for.
I have several attachments that I carry in the back of my truck and just slap them on when I need them. Articulating hedge, brush blade, edger and of course line trimmer. Most of the time the brush blade and edger attachments are on there. I use my 2 Robin trimmers for line trimming.
Anyway, because they are all four full length, they fit on my trimmer trap with any attachment.
If that were mine, I'd just set it in the back of my pickup because I bought an Undercover topper just for that very reason. To secure the hard to secure items I need. Tony

unkownfl
11-23-2009, 07:32 PM
Mount airy aka mayberry yeah right I use to work for PIKE and dreaded going up there.