PDA

View Full Version : Pretty nice edging

Tharrell
11-23-2009, 05:11 PM
Found this pic and just had to remark on the edging. Oh yeah, the sign is pretty cool too! Tony

Kutz Lawns
11-23-2009, 05:13 PM
Nice job with my Weed Eater string trimmer huh?

hackitdown
11-23-2009, 05:16 PM
Anyone that would put a sign out like that needs to do some thinking.

punt66
11-23-2009, 05:21 PM
Anyone that would put a sign out like that needs to do some thinking.
no kidding. What an A hole.

Kutz Lawns
11-23-2009, 06:25 PM
You guys never heard of photoshop, come on!

ALC-GregH
11-23-2009, 06:36 PM
You guys never heard of photoshop, come on!

some guys are just greener then the grass in that department. I saw that last year.

MOturkey
11-23-2009, 07:46 PM
So.... What is wrong with that sign?

underPSI
11-23-2009, 08:37 PM
So.... What is wrong with that sign?

Besides the fact the owner just let everybody including thieves know he has a house full of guns?

LouisianaLawnboy
11-23-2009, 08:40 PM
I love the sign.

Nice edging also.

Look at the arrow and you can tell its been photoshopped.

XLS
11-23-2009, 08:41 PM
NO KIDDING !!!!! its my right to own firearms and if you want to ban them ,then me and you cant be friends ,even at church !! you can ban them at your house and let me alone . just how i see it.

XLS
11-23-2009, 08:42 PM
lol most thieves would fear most southern gun owners lol

Engloid
11-23-2009, 09:14 PM
I will GLADLY give up all my guns.... as soon as they can get all the guns out of hands of the bad guys. :usflag:

I figure there's nothing wrong with the sign. If the neighbor feels threatened, perhaps he should consider what life would be like if guns were banned. The bad guys would still have them and have a pretty good idea that most homes were gun free... which is the same situation the sign puts him in now. :hammerhead:

A bad guy may know I have guns in my house, but he should be very careful breaking in while I'm home...cause I will have many options to choose from. He should also be careful breaking in when I'm gone....because if I come home, I will likely be armed...and will know the house better, as well as the operation of the guns.

JimLewis
11-23-2009, 09:56 PM
..... you can ban them at your house and let me alone . just how i see it.

Well, fortunately, that's how the framers of the constitution saw it too. They were pretty clear in writing the 2nd amendment and all of the Federalist Papers that supported the writing of the Constitution.

For instance (for those of you in Loma Linda who didn't bother to read your history), Alexander Hamilton wrote the following in Federalist #29;

"This will not only lessen the call for military establishments, but if circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people while there is a large body of citizens, little, if at all, inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their own rights and those of their fellow-citizens. This appears to me the only substitute that can be devised for a standing army, and the best possible security against it, if it should exist."

So one of the main points of citizens having arms was to make sure that the citizens were just as armed and just about as knowledgeable with weapons as the military personnel were - so as to keep the military in check. Purpose being to "defent their own rights and those of their fellow-citizens" should the government or military get a little too overbearing.

If you don't believe that, well, I guess you were just born in the wrong country. 'Cause it's kinda written into our founding document. No real good way around that. Good news for you though! There are several countries around the world who share your beliefs and definitely DON'T believe in gun rights. And if you care to move to one of those countries and renounce your U.S. citizenship, I'll gladly pay for the plane ticket.

:usflag:

unkownfl
11-23-2009, 10:21 PM
Guns are in a gun safe when Im not home besides my glock 27 or my kel-tec 9 which one of the two are on my side.

STIHL GUY
11-23-2009, 10:25 PM
thats a pretty funny sign and the edging is really well done

DLAWNS
11-23-2009, 10:44 PM
Photoshopped or not, that's pretty funny. The edging is also nice.

XLS
11-24-2009, 12:05 AM
i will gladly die for my guns .or they will ,either way ill still be happy to be a free registered gun carring ,voting american citizen who would die protecting his beliefs .

lol you guys dont want me to go into this in anymore details lol . I might incriminate myself by violating your rights , with my freedom of speech j/k .

i love my guns as much as my wife , and they dont talk back hehe.

Exact Rototilling
11-24-2009, 12:12 AM
That's pretty much how I edge. Granted the turf height [older lawn] is built up to some degree giving it a greater effect. I sometimes angle it inward slightly but a nicely squared edge looks sharp.

One of my pet peeves in this business is all the concave burned up, ground down to the crown, scalp job edging I see everywhere. :hammerhead:

My other peeve is the mess many others leave behind and under their trailers. :dizzy:

It even makes me think I'm doing something wrong at times by not just edgeing like everyone else which is frankly faster.

lawnguyland
11-24-2009, 06:06 AM
Thanks! That's my customer....no BS!!!!!

That's how every house gets edged evey week on Long Island.

Plus it IS photoshopped to include the sign.

ALC-GregH
11-24-2009, 07:35 AM
Thanks! That's my customer....no BS!!!!!

That's how every house gets edged evey week on Long Island.

Plus it IS photoshopped to include the sign.

can you prove it's a property you do? It's hard to believe you cut it. Too much coincidence to believe you, sorry. You could end it all by posting another pic at a different angle! :)

milike
11-24-2009, 11:27 AM
no kidding. What an A hole.

how soo :confused:

Kutz Lawns
11-24-2009, 11:39 AM
You little boys with your big guns, geeezzzus! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Mowbizz
11-24-2009, 02:12 PM
You little boys with your big guns, geeezzzus! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm a BIG boy with lots of big and little guns...what of it? You follow your needs and I follow mine...if you don't agree...too friggin' bad...no skin off my teeth.

Tharrell
11-24-2009, 04:10 PM
Ha ha ha!
I knew the focus would be the sign. Now, I wouldn't do that unless my next door neighbor was Nancy Pelosi or Barney Frank or some other jackass like that.
But the edging does look superior. Tony

lawnguyland
11-24-2009, 04:26 PM
can you prove it's a property you do? It's hard to believe you cut it. Too much coincidence to believe you, sorry. You could end it all by posting another pic at a different angle!

yes i can....

here it is....still my customer since 1997! No lies. Like how I don't turn the azaleas into meatballs!

Read it and weep. Like the old school JD backpack blower? Toro 21" mower. this is a "before" pic!

lawnguyland
11-24-2009, 04:29 PM
can you prove it's a property you do? It's hard to believe you cut it. Too much coincidence to believe you, sorry. You could end it all by posting another pic at a different angle! :)

You owe me a beer. In fact, several beers!

JimLewis
11-24-2009, 06:17 PM
Tru Dat. He does!:drinkup::drinkup:

lawnguyland
11-24-2009, 06:36 PM
Tru Dat. He does!:drinkup::drinkup:

seeing Jim Lewis repond = old schoooooool.....priceless....:weightlifter:

Landscape Poet
11-24-2009, 06:42 PM
can you prove it's a property you do? It's hard to believe you cut it. Too much coincidence to believe you, sorry. You could end it all by posting another pic at a different angle!

yes i can....

here it is....still my customer since 1997! No lies. Like how I don't turn the azaleas into meatballs!

Read it and weep. Like the old school JD backpack blower? Toro 21" mower. this is a "before" pic!

ooohhhh burn!!!!

Tharrell
11-24-2009, 07:05 PM
Don't you love it when someone calls and you have the goods! On the other hand, there is a lot of BS on here so I could have made that call myself and then I'd be embarrassed. Tony
btw-Who ps'd the pic? I found it on the web searching for only god knows what.

lawnguyland
11-24-2009, 07:24 PM
Don't you love it when someone calls and you have the goods! On the other hand, there is a lot of BS on here so I could have made that call myself and then I'd be embarrassed. Tony

yeah...not so sure I woulda believed me either!

JimLewis
11-25-2009, 12:58 AM
seeing Jim Lewis repond = old schoooooool.....priceless....:weightlifter:

Thanks. Yah, I'll try to spend a little more time around here this winter as work dies down. But business has gotten the best of me as we've grown larger. Not as much free time to spend on lawnsite like I had in the old days. And I got 3 kids now. Holy cow! Life can get busy on you pretty fast! Plus, I've answered or discussed just about every question that could possibly come up in this industry a good 5 or 10 times over the years. So you get burnt out after a while.

Still love you guys though. Lawnsite is great. Cheers to the guys who were here back in the day! :drinkup:

ALC-GregH
11-25-2009, 08:04 AM
Way to go. Keep up the good work. The edges do look nice by the way.

2stroke
11-25-2009, 10:10 AM
i dont really see anything special. if you edge your lawns every week they always look that way. isnt that how it is supposed too be done?

lawnguyland
11-25-2009, 02:24 PM
i dont really see anything special. if you edge your lawns every week they always look that way. isnt that how it is supposed too be done?

that is how they should look- I think the original poster mighta wanted to get reaction from the guns sign and not the edging, but who knows...

Pic of my customer's house, but I didn't post it- for the record

lawnguyland
11-25-2009, 02:27 PM
Thanks. I've answered or discussed just about every question that could possibly come up in this industry a good 5 or 10 times over the years. So you get burnt out after a while.

Still love you guys though. Lawnsite is great. Cheers to the guys who were here back in the day! :drinkup:

That's what was so great about Booby G (the one who shall not be named)...ya never knew what knida shenanagins he's have to talk about...always interesting or funny...:drinkup:

lawnguyland
11-25-2009, 02:30 PM

I thought you PSd it. That's completely random that someone used a pic of my site to add the sign to! Strange....

Tharrell
11-25-2009, 07:20 PM
I didn't PS it, honest. I can't spend money on stuff like that. I did find it while searching for something using Bing. Tony