PDA

View Full Version : Mall Plant Service

Dreamscape
05-17-2002, 03:37 AM
Had our local mall contact us the other day and ask if we were interested in maintaining their plants in the mall(watering, cleaning etc.) as well as all the beds outside the Mall. Sounded rather interesting, but had no idea how to quote such a proposal. 150 inside plants and palm trees and they want them serviced every Thursday. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Dick

PAPS
05-17-2002, 09:39 PM
Sounds pretty cool and easy none the less.. figure out what kind of hours it will take each week at the site and with how many men, and submit them a price based on total man hours.... seems to me like its mostly some light weeding, debris cleanup, and watering...? good luck

Lanelle
05-17-2002, 11:07 PM
Dont forget, dusting off the leaves, cutting off the brown tips or leaves. Also, will you have to do IPM? If so, that is a different classification of Pest. Certification. Also, how much rotation of color do they want each year? Interiorscaping is big business in some areas.

dan deutekom
05-18-2002, 06:24 PM
Interior work is quite different than exterior. You really have to watch the small details. Insect pests multiply very rapidly indoors and can destroy a plant before you realize they are there, espeacially on palms. You will need a structural pesticide liscence to spray. Do you have to guarantee the plants? Is there a colour rotation program? Watering is very important because quite often there is no drainage in the planters or the plants don't need water one week but lots the next. Plants will have to be cleaned and washed regularly. Many people think it is splash and dash your way to the bank but you can easily underestimate on this type of work. You do not have mother nature to cover your little maintenance mistakes. Check out this web site www.interiorscape.com

kris
05-18-2002, 09:57 PM
We have a division that does interior maintenance but Im sorry I don't know enough about to it to comment. I know we guarantee the plants and there is a colour rotation program. These employees drive right to the sites and I rarely see anyone but the supervisor.

That's a good web site Dan ... We installed a preseverd Palm with Custom Curves ( curved around a staircase) in a customers house last year. It was really nice and I found it very interesting ... not something we do everyday.. in fact it's the first and only time ... the bill was around 12k for it.

dan deutekom
05-19-2002, 01:36 PM
The preserved palms are really neat. But.....don't be fooled by "no maintenance". They get dirty and dusty and I have found that the fronds dry up and "die" after about 4-5 years and need to be replaced.

John Allin
05-19-2002, 03:47 PM
I don't know anything about interiorscaping, and from what you've described here - I don't think I want to know.