PDA

View Full Version : White Glare Louvers

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
11-24-2009, 12:08 AM
I am finishing off a large interior lighting system this week. Extensive use of Contrast T7024-11 elbow trims on the vaulted ceilings. The ceilings are flat white and the trims are flat white. All looks good so far except for when I install all the honeycomb glare louvers in those trims... Then when the lights are on you are going to see all the 2 in dia. black louvers.... not good.

I cannot seem to find anyone producing white glare louvers so I am going to make my own. I will take a bunch and spray them with high heat (BBQ) white paint and bake enamel the finish on under a heat lamp. That should do it!

Who knows, could be a whole new niche line for me! :)

RLI Electric
11-24-2009, 07:37 AM
If you use white, will you still get the glare due to the light refraction? Cool to see if it works and great idea for the BBQ paint

Lite4
11-24-2009, 07:45 AM
I was just thinking the same thing Bobby was, however the light refraction will still be better than direct glare.

JoeyD
11-24-2009, 05:27 PM
seems like the white paint would just eliminate the benefits of the louver knockign down glare? Interesting if it works?

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
11-24-2009, 05:35 PM
I think it will work. The physical barrier of the louver will still stop the direct line of sight to the filament and the reflector. It is not the black colour of the glare louvers that eliminates the glare, it is the fact you are cutting down the viewing angle into the lamp.

Will let you all know how it works and take photos... (This job is world class interior lighting with many firsts in terms of unique LED applications)