PDA

View Full Version : Commercial Accounts

GriffinLawnService
11-24-2009, 01:17 AM
I have a couple of commercial accounts but I recently lost my biggest commercial account.

I got these by friends and just knowing the rite people. I was just wondering how some you approach getting these type of accounts. I am looking to add as many as possible this year. Because I am wanting to gain at least 3 to 4 large commercial. An if I can I am wanting to add at least 5 residential. I currently do news paper adds. I put a add in the high school sporting programs. Just things like that.

On that note I am just asking what type of advertisement other than word of mouth has worked for some of yall. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

topsites
11-24-2009, 03:39 AM
I would start by learning this:

NEVER... take on an account that consumes more than a FEW percent of your total available resources.
Like 3, maybe 4 percent at the absolute most.

ALC-GregH
11-24-2009, 07:38 AM
I'd start by reading the 600 plus threads pertaining to commercial accounts being every answer you could ever need is already posted.

ed2hess
11-24-2009, 06:07 PM
I got these by friends and just knowing the rite people.

Well you have the formula.....you just got learn how to hold them.

MikeKle
11-24-2009, 06:42 PM
Watch the local newspapers around Jan. or Feb. Many companies will post an ad in the classifieds stating they are accepting bids, usually in the legal or business sections, plus you can always stop in and talk to the manager of the places you want to service, Ive done that before and usually end up getting the account.