PDA

View Full Version : Kohler Command Pro- on a snowblower?

mowisme
11-24-2009, 08:46 AM
Any other reasons other than possiable to heavy (105#verses normal 65#= extra stress on axle) that The 13hp Kohler command would/wouldn't work on a JD 10-32 snowblower (walk behind)?

demhustler
11-27-2009, 02:32 AM
on YouTube somewhere guy put 25? Kohler on snow blower...
happy, especially on whet snow - it shoot like hell

Tinkerer
11-27-2009, 03:54 AM
I saw one guy put a Buick 3.8 V6 on a walk behind snow blower. He also put a 3.8 on an older JD lawn tractor but had to stretch the frame to do that.

mowisme
11-27-2009, 09:15 AM
I'm really looking to do it for realibility and Moderate power- not to turn it into a car chewing monster. My original 10hp tecumseh went caput (John Deere 10-32) so since I need to put a new 10hp back on..and tec is no-more..just looking at couple other options. I already have a brand new Brigg's Intek 10 hp (but not a snow engine) to put on.. The Kohler is tempting thou as would be bit bigger. Concern is: weight is just over 100# verses original weight at about 65#..and Is the Kohler command good runner in cold conditions? It isn't designed for snowblowing if that really makes any diff? I would think as long as carb is covered from elements it should work? But is it worth it just for 2 more ponys..

Jason Rose
11-27-2009, 10:57 AM
I don't know why not... Only issues would be the air filter, but you could ditch that, just like a snow engine dosn't have an air filter either. But you wouldn't have the muffler heat for the carb. But if you enclose part of it like you said it may work fine. I'm certianly NOT a snowblower expert, lol. I just bought a new Troybilt 30" model. The old airens still runs great, but the whole underside is shot and it catches on even smooth concrete, plus the handles are horrid and even in 4th it's waaaaay too slow.

Two Seasons
11-27-2009, 07:25 PM
Carb would probably ice up on the Kohler.

Have you noticed that the new Ariens blowers only hold 2.9 quarts of fuel vs 1 gallon when they were Tecumseh. :hammerhead:

mowisme
11-27-2009, 10:39 PM
I Got a 10hp Brigg's (Intek) new (never even started yet) sitting here. Not the snow engine..but I might try it. I guess 10hp will work. I wish it was 14.5hp as was told in AD. Instead was the ft lbs or torque. Miss-representation. Not worth trying to take to court- or even if got grounds to. It was a CL ad claiming 14.5hp. I'm thinking since original motor was a tec 10hp..Briggs will take care of snow too. carb icing might be issue thou.

demhustler
11-27-2009, 11:01 PM
I Got a 10hp Brigg's (Intek) new (never even started yet) sitting here. Not the snow engine..but I might try it. I guess 10hp will work. I wish it was 14.5hp as was told in AD. Instead was the ft lbs or torque. Miss-representation. Not worth trying to take to court- or even if got grounds to. It was a CL ad claiming 14.5hp. I'm thinking since original motor was a tec 10hp..Briggs will take care of snow too. carb icing might be issue thou.

yea, sometimes they putting something for the carb - some easy fix

our mower with the plow runs good, no problem, backpack blowers too - but they could have less snowdust around the engine...