PDA

View Full Version : Quick 36 help!

MulchMan88
11-24-2009, 01:31 PM
i cannot for the life of me get my mower started. granted it has been sitting for about 2 months, but it hasnt been cold at all. i checked all the wiring and changed the spark plug and that isnt it. i looked at the filter, and even the hoses from the gas tank itself, including draining that white tube thing. anyone have any suggestions on what to check?

HighFiveBassin
11-24-2009, 01:45 PM
Have you checked the fuel cutoff to make sure it is on?

EastCoast
11-24-2009, 01:47 PM
Fuel cutoff would be my first guess... but call BOP, I'm sure they would help you out?

MulchMan88
11-24-2009, 02:03 PM
yea the fuel cutoff is on. i dont know how i would explain it to BOP over the phone either. might give it a shot if no one else has any ideas.

Mowbizz
11-24-2009, 02:04 PM
i cannot for the life of me get my mower started. granted it has been sitting for about 2 months, but it hasnt been cold at all. i checked all the wiring and changed the spark plug and that isnt it. i looked at the filter, and even the hoses from the gas tank itself, including draining that white tube thing. anyone have any suggestions on what to check?

I had the same problem with my Quick 36...then I discovered I had shut off the fuel because the mower is my backup and doesn't get much use during the season oops...! :drinkup: She started right up after I opened the shut off...

Richard Martin
11-24-2009, 02:19 PM
Give it a shot of starting fluid and see if it starts. Let us know the results.

Yater
11-24-2009, 02:48 PM
Those kawis don't like to sit. Pull the front plug and dump a little shot of gas in the cylinder (it helps to lay the mower on it's back). Install plug and wire and it'll fire right up. It's not BOP, all of those kawi twins are like that when they sit.

MulchMan88
11-24-2009, 02:53 PM
its a briggs and stratton engine.

MulchMan88
11-24-2009, 03:03 PM
got it! the float was stuck, so i just let the gas drain out of the carb and cleaned the float out a little so that it would move up and down freely. got it running as we speak to let it warm up. thanks for the suggestions.

Valk
11-24-2009, 03:11 PM
If you got gas in the oil from a stuck OPEN float - then an unscheduled oil change may be a righteous move...