PDA

View Full Version : Pricing questions

mikeslawn
04-28-2000, 08:47 PM
We do mostly maintenance. We have bidding down very well for maintenance but since we are going to get into installation I believe it is a whole different ballgame and what works in maintenance might not work in instalations. Let me tell you what exactly what I am going to be doing. It is only going to be small installations like additions to the current landscape and such, for now. Minimal equipment like shovels and rakes mabey a auger and a tiller. I am sure I cant charge the fifty to sixty dollars on average per hour that we do now. I'm not totally clueless but I am not completly sure what to charge. I am not asking anyone to give away their pricing plan just some information or where I can find it. Preferabaly on the net.Thanks.

FIREMAN
04-29-2000, 09:50 AM
GET A COPY OF PHIL NILLSONS TIME/DATA HANDBOOK THIS BOOK IS GREAT FOR FIGURING TIME ON ABOUT 500 DIFFERENT TASKS COMMONLY USED BY THE GREEN INDUSTRY...WILL HELP YOU PRICE JOBS AND NOT BE UNDER ON LABOR HOURS..YOU NEED TI FIGURE OUT WHERE YOU WANT TIO BE AS FAR AS HOURLY CHARGES...IN NJ I CHARGE..50 AN HOUR FOR A SUPERVISOR AND 35 AN HOUR FOR EACH LABORER..THESE CABN VARY DEPENDING UPON WHAT I THINK A JOB CAN DO FOR MY EXPOSURE AND WHETHER OR NOT I WANT THE JOB OR NOT..IF YOU ARE PRESSURED TO BID A JOB YOU REALLY DON'T WANT BE SURE TO ADD A HEADACHE FACTOR AND IGF YOU ARE HAPPY AND BEAT THE TIME YOU CALCULATED GIVE THE CUSTOMER A DISCOUNT OFF THE ESTIMATED PRICE AND IF YOUR WORK IS QUALITY YOU ARE JUST ABOUT GARUNTEED A CALL NEXT TIME THAT CLIENT NEEDS WORK DONE..GOOD FOR REPEAT BUSINESS.. HOPE THIS HELPS A BIT