PDA

View Full Version : ZTR Front Brakes available on Ebay . . .

ted corriher
11-24-2009, 04:10 PM
By this time tomorrow, you will be able to order the patent pending Tedbrakes Front Braking System Installed on NEW Bad Boy Mowers Lightning Series, AOS Series, and AOS Diesel models on EBAY.

Any Deck Width, Any options you want are available. Mowers with brakes installed will not be sold without ROPS, and price of the braking system installed by us on these mowers will be $650 in addition to the cost of your new mower.

The Front Brake System will only be available with the purchase of a new Bad Boy Mower. We are pursuing other manufacturers, and will keep you posted on when they will be available. To speed this process up for your mowers manufacturer, contact them by clicking here (http://www.tedbrakes.com/get-ztr-mower-brakes.html).

At the current time, no post production kits will be offered because of the many different makes and models over the past 20 years offered.

ted corriher
11-24-2009, 06:10 PM
Ok, as promised . . . Here is the Ebay Link to buy the brakes for $650 (http://cgi.ebay.com/Zero-Turn-Mower-Front-Disc-Brakes-for-New-Bad-Boy-Mower_W0QQitemZ200410268895QQihZ010QQcategoryZ50377QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo% 3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D2%26ps%3D6). . . remember that if you buy the brakes, you are also agreeing to buy a NEW Commercial Bad Boy Mower of your choice from any combination of deck and engine . . . AOS, AOS Diesel, or Lightning Models.

This was the only way my Attorney advised me to sell them not being the manufacturer of the mower . . .

Front Brake Systems will not be sold on mowers without ROPS and SEATBELTS.

MnDLawn
11-24-2009, 08:06 PM
Cool idea. But I don't get the auction. If someone is going to buy a set aren't they just going to get them from the dealer? Your basically saying don't buy these unless your buying a new BadBoy, nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

ted corriher
11-25-2009, 10:19 AM
Cool idea. But I don't get the auction. If someone is going to buy a set aren't they just going to get them from the dealer? Your basically saying don't buy these unless your buying a new BadBoy, nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

Ok, it is a little more complicated than that. The brakes aren't currently available anywhere in the USA or in the World for that matter as an option by any ZTR manufacturer.

I am the inventor and have a patent pending on the Front Braking System for ZTR mowers. I also am not made of money. I am your average Joe who was affected by people I knew getting killed on ZTR mowers by sliding down slopes and drowning in the lake, then decided to do something about it.

I can't rightly have everyone shipping me mowers all acrosss US to put brakes on, then measure and create brake systems for every single mower out there that has ever been made. Not that I don't want to, I simply don't have the resources to do this.

I am a Bad Boy Mower Dealer. I can afford to design and put them on the few commercial models that they make as I stock them.

I cannot sell Bad Boy Mowers on Ebay according to my dealer agreement, but I can sell my front brake system on Ebay. When you buy Brakes, you will also be getting them on a New Bad Boy Mower of your model, engine, and options choice. If this takes off, then I will try to work with other local dealers to offer them in other manufacturer models as well.

I, same as most of you, wish this were easy enough to be made into a kit for each and every mower out there. Unfortunately, installing them on a mower is not that simple. Welding, machine shops, different components are involved, not to mention liability for owner putting them on.

This is the only way that I can think of (and afford to do) to get this braking system available for purchase to the public at the current time. Even at the $650 cost, I am literally putting them on at cost of parts and labor as I am buying components at FULL RETAIL because I am not buying in bulk.

I have already been getting calls about it, and in cases where the owner/ operator feels they are in danger enough on their mower without the brakes, they are willing to switch brands of mower to get them. They feel they are that important. . .

If you want to see them offered by your manufacturer then click here to request them (http://www.tedbrakes.com/h-free-software/get-ztr-mower-brakes.html).