PDA

View Full Version : Snapper Hi-Vac system?

MeanGreenGuy
11-24-2009, 04:04 PM
Are these Commercial mowers?
21" Push mower
6 speed
electric start (ha)
Says Hi-Vac on the bagger, was curious if this was a Commercial grade mower.
Will every Commercial 21" say commercial if it indeed a commercial mower?

Thanks, sorry for the stupid questions.:confused:

Greenleaf Lawns
11-24-2009, 07:52 PM
I don't think I have ever seen a commercial snapper with elec start.

The way I tell a commercial 21" snapper is the extra bracing where the ??handle bars?? meet the deck.

The decks are all interchangeable, the engines are the biggest difference.

johnnyusa
11-24-2009, 10:19 PM
Great Mower I have two. They are built tough and are strong mowers but because of the size of their deck they are not primarily used for commercial use except on very small properties. good luck John

MeanGreenGuy
11-24-2009, 10:25 PM
I don't think I have ever seen a commercial snapper with elec start.

The way I tell a commercial 21" snapper is the extra bracing where the ??handle bars?? meet the deck.

The decks are all interchangeable, the engines are the biggest difference.

Thanks for the info, But yea this ones from a residential user, and is asking 100 bucks for it.
On the bagger it says Hi-Vac, But I cant find the exact model for nothing on line...

Great Mower I have two. They are built tough and are strong mowers but because of the size of their deck they are not primarily used for commercial use except on very small properties. good luck John

Yea this would certainly be used for small lawns, tite areas. Does anyone know how to tell the diferance between a commercial push and a residential push besides going straight to a dealer? lol

Thanks again.

MOHUSTLER
11-25-2009, 09:03 AM
The commercial snappers on the front end will be be metal instead of plastic. Other differences are the engine sizes and options. Snapper makes a great push mower!

MeanGreenGuy
11-25-2009, 09:05 AM
The commercial snappers on the front end will be be metal instead of plastic. Other differences are the engine sizes and options. Snapper makes a great push mower!

what size engine for a commercial snapper?

MeanGreenGuy
11-25-2009, 09:09 AM

Perhaps these pics will help lol. maybe not.

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mustang-gt87/3ka3m53o45O35Pb5S99b1b9e7a9cb9b4019.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mustang-gt87/3n53k23m45O75T75P79b14efb7831c58713.jpg

All_Toro_4ME
11-25-2009, 09:16 AM
What engine does it have? That's usually a quick way to tell if it's a comm or resi unit. I can't tell really well from the pics, but it looks like it may have a Briggs?

dhunterd08
11-25-2009, 04:58 PM
I think that is the Kawasaki. I had the briggs, but my uncle had the one with the Kawasaki and he had the same experience as me it is just heavier. That is an amazing mower. Until last year when i greatly expanded i cut anywhere from 10-15 yards a week with one of those mowers. I had it repaired oncel and that ws the self propel because i used it up and down hills all day long. Jump on that mower if i could find another one i would. No offense but snapper just makes a lot of residential junk now, when it comes to push mowers. I woudl pay almost any price to get another one of those.

Nukeman 7
11-25-2009, 08:03 PM
The wheels are metal on the commercial units and plastic on the residential Snappers. That looks like a residential unit with the Briggs and Stratton Quantum series engine.

MeanGreenGuy
11-25-2009, 09:08 PM
The wheels are metal on the commercial units and plastic on the residential Snappers. That looks like a residential unit with the Briggs and Stratton Quantum series engine.

Just curious how sure you are on the metal wheel theory?, Thanks for the help.

I think that is the Kawasaki. I had the briggs, but my uncle had the one with the Kawasaki and he had the same experience as me it is just heavier. That is an amazing mower. Until last year when i greatly expanded i cut anywhere from 10-15 yards a week with one of those mowers. I had it repaired oncel and that ws the self propel because i used it up and down hills all day long. Jump on that mower if i could find another one i would. No offense but snapper just makes a lot of residential junk now, when it comes to push mowers. I woudl pay almost any price to get another one of those.

Ahh, The guy who is selling is doesnt know the engine size, model number or brand of the engine, and I have been really busy with leaves.
Have all winter to find a good commercial mower so I'm in no huge hurry, Maybe it will be cost effective to buy a new one.

Thanks to everyone who has posted!:waving:

Tennesseepowerstroke
11-26-2009, 02:11 AM

I have a new Snapper, not commercial, that is metal on the front end. It has a Kawasaki on it also. The only difference I could see between the commercial and non commercial models were the steel wheels on the commercial model. The commercial model does not come with all three discharge systems.

ozd12005
11-26-2009, 09:00 AM
From the pics it looks like a residential mower. plastic rims and the plastic knobs to fold the handle bars is a good indication

GLlawncare
11-26-2009, 01:43 PM
I got the new Snapper brochure at the dealer, they have a new line that looks like the normal Snapper with Briggs engine but have a different self propel control. Then the high end snappers have Briggs, Kawasaki or Honda engines but have plastic wheels. They come in Mulching and Hi-vac. THe mulching has a special blade and the hi-vac has a knurled bottom lip on the deck. The commercial models have metal wheels that are pretty glossy looking. There is also a new 26" hi-wheel mower and a 19" mulching version. The Snappers with the plastic piece on the front and the wheels with the crosses on them are the cheaper front wheel drive models sold at Sears, but the ones with the steel axle on the front are the good ones.