PDA

View Full Version : Trees

rixtag
05-17-2002, 12:49 PM
I have property that needs some trees replaced. 2 kinds of trees. 5 foot blue spruce and 8 foot royal red maples. About 14 trees total.My question is what do you all charge to install them? Is it dependent on size, type etc? What things do i have to do differently than regular shrubs, plants etc?This is a little out of my scope but I do maintain the prop and it is a formal request from the PM. It would make good points if this is something I could do.

Thanks,

Rick

prairie
05-17-2002, 01:25 PM
What ways do you have to plant the Trees? Shovels or tractor?
Buy the plants at whole sale ans charge at least 2x what you bought them for to plant and for the trees.

Waht's your overhead?

It should only take about 10 min at the most to plant the trees.
140min x $30/hr and cost of trees.

I don't know all the specifics of the job site so it's hard to tell with my overhead and expenses I usually run about 2.5 times the amount of material costs to take care of my over head and profit.

I shoot for $350-500 / day in profit to my books, and this is NET profit.

For me lets say trees cost Spruce-5@100/tree=$500
for the other trees 9 @ $95/tree=$855
Total cost of materials=$1355
My usual multiplier 2.5x1355= $3387.50 for job done

rixtag
05-17-2002, 01:49 PM
I appreciate the quick response and the info, prairie. One huge detail I left out. The trees are to replace dead and/or dying ones.

What kind of labor charges to remove old trees also? Or do you figure that into the multiplier?

Rick

prairie
05-17-2002, 02:35 PM
No I usually charge a min. of $50 a tree. This all depends on if you can just pull the tree out or you have to cut it down, stump grind, and cut the trees up.

If the trees are the same size that you are putting it, I would charge $50-75 per tree and the cost of desposing of them.

And if they have been in the ground since saplings you probably need to cut them down and cut them up and stump grind the stump. For this I would charge $125/ tree atleast.

So the totals for what I gave you would run between $4500-5500 depending on how you want to remove the trees

kris
05-17-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by rixtag
I Or do you figure that into the multiplier?

Rick

Never use the 2x method ... it doesn't work .... there has been a ton of posts on this and explained why it doesn't work in detail.

10 mins a tree? Are we talking about a caliper tree?Praire ..not to be smug here but if you can plant 14 caliper trees in 2hours time Ill keep you busy all season long.

Around here that job would probaly go for around $6000 Canadian.