PDA

View Full Version : where to start?

Sweet Tater
11-24-2009, 07:42 PM
I have the oppertunity to bid on a nursing home. This is the biggest thing I have ever thought of biding on and dont have a clue where to start. Here is a picture from google earth. any suggestions form the "big guys". I have been in business for 4 years but mostly residential, I just dont know where to start to try and assemble a bid for ithis.
I have not yet done a sqft or count of shrubs but its huge and there are many. I already know hedges, leaf and pine straw, cleaning the parking lot and driveway and of course mowing will be included in this. I will have more info Friday afternoon, but I would like to sound a tad bit like I have a clue when I talk to the "boss"

I edited the pic and what is shown is the entire property

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping
11-24-2009, 07:58 PM
Dont look at it as a big property. Break it down into many small sections and quote each operation for that section. Then add all the hours.

Sweet Tater
11-24-2009, 08:20 PM
thats an interesting thought. I have till Friday gonna have to try that

DT Lawn Care
11-24-2009, 09:14 PM
Dont look at it as a big property. Break it down into many small sections and quote each operation for that section. Then add all the hours.

That's the way I would do it, or if you're concerned about under or overbidding, you can tell them your approximate $ per hour, mow it once, then give them the price.

ed2hess
11-24-2009, 09:29 PM
One way is to ask them what day the mowing is done and simply go see how many guys and how long. We do that to check our numbers.

TREEGUARD
11-24-2009, 09:43 PM
I like that idea hess i think i'll use that next time.

LouisianaLawnboy
11-25-2009, 12:53 AM

Thats the idea.

ALC-GregH
11-25-2009, 08:07 AM
Read these and you'll have all the info you desire to bid commercial.

http://www.lawnsite.com/search.php?searchid=4422819