PDA

View Full Version : Lawn paint ( white? )

RMA
11-24-2009, 11:42 PM
Anyone know where i can buy white lawn paint? ( snow affect)
I have a few clients asking for it but can find anywhere... any help would be great.

Rob

Ric
11-25-2009, 12:20 PM
RMA

That is something I personally would stay away from because of my lack of artistic talent. I am sure you are also getting our all day rain right now and I can't help to think what a out of season rain like today would do to a painted snow job.

However if done right, it could be a big seller along with Holiday decorations

superintendent
11-25-2009, 12:41 PM
John Deere Landscape

Ric
11-25-2009, 01:14 PM
John Deere Landscape

superintendent

I am not sure the White Field Marking paint sold by JDL would have the right texture to look like snow. IMHO this could be a real mess that I wouldn't want any part of. Painting Lawns green sounded like a great Idea until I saw one.

lawnangel1
11-25-2009, 03:01 PM
Its a great idea if it works...

Ric
11-25-2009, 03:39 PM
Its a great idea if it works...

Lawnangel

Not only if it works, But what about CLEAN UP????????

What about covering leaves with White Paint so sunlight can't get in Etc Etc.

I think there is a lot of things to consider here that are more than I want to deal with. My common sense says stay with what you know and leave the fools to trash the customers property. If they want a white Xmas, they should go to Canada or some other sick place.

T&J Landscaping
11-25-2009, 03:43 PM
come to new england if they want a white xmas, paint a lawn is just ******ed ,

LawnoftheMonth
11-25-2009, 09:08 PM
I spot tested some lawns with green paint this year, the results looked great and masked scars from brown patch, but that stuff is a mess! Rain had little effect either, it stuck to the grass like glue and we got over 10 inches of rain in October alone.

yeah, i dont know where to get white paint.

greendoctor
11-26-2009, 02:58 AM
The closest thing to white paint I would put on a lawn is liquid gypsum. It will eventually wear off and it will feed the soil with calcium and sulfur. White paint on grass? Bad idea. That restricts photosynthesis at a time of the year when there is not much sun. In my world, there is a special place in hell for construction workers that put paint, concrete, or the water from a tile cutting machine on plants or an area to be landscaped.

Ric
11-26-2009, 12:25 PM
The closest thing to white paint I would put on a lawn is liquid gypsum. It will eventually wear off and it will feed the soil with calcium and sulfur. White paint on grass? Bad idea. That restricts photosynthesis at a time of the year when there is not much sun. In my world, there is a special place in hell for construction workers that put paint, concrete, or the water from a tile cutting machine on plants or an area to be landscaped.

GreenDoctor

It might be also said Gypsum will clean the exchange sites of nutrients. Here in coastal Florida our soil is already alkaline. I really can't recommend Gypsum for Xmas decoration.