PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Rain in Florida

zturncutter
11-25-2009, 08:30 AM
Won't get much done today, flood warning for our area. We do need the rain though.:clapping:

Jason'sLawnCare
11-25-2009, 09:39 AM
Yeah. It's going to be a gloomy day. Where about in Florida are you.

skennedy04
11-25-2009, 09:47 AM
Raining good here

zturncutter
11-25-2009, 09:51 AM
Yeah. It's going to be a gloomy day. Where about in Florida are you.

Desoto county, between Arcadia and Port Charlotte.:waving:

Jason'sLawnCare
11-25-2009, 09:52 AM
So your a westcoaster. I'm close to Jacksonville.

zturncutter
11-25-2009, 10:01 AM
So your a westcoaster. I'm close to Jacksonville.

Most of my accounts, commercial and residential, are about 15 to 20 miles inland. More Oak trees and Maples on the lawns than Palms.

fobaum
11-25-2009, 10:02 AM
Its pouring down here in Ft Lauderdale FL. I got stuff to do today this sucks..:cry:

zturncutter
11-25-2009, 10:06 AM
Its pouring down here in Ft Lauderdale FL. I got stuff to do today this sucks..:cry:

I was watching the forecast and was running like mad yesterday trying to get done before the weather and Thanksgiving.

onestepbetter
11-25-2009, 10:08 AM
raining real bad here in Boynton Beach ( south Fl )

unkownfl
11-25-2009, 11:34 AM
Sucks now I have to work Friday.

Kevin M.
11-25-2009, 11:47 AM
Absolute monsoon here on SC coast on Hilton Head and today is a washout

tjlco
11-25-2009, 11:59 AM
That sucks that you had to put work on for this week at all, we did everyone last week and I'll keep it that way till april 15th, but us florida guys are all getting paid while we sit on lawnsite:clapping:

jvanvliet
11-25-2009, 12:29 PM
raining real bad here in Boynton Beach ( south Fl )

Glad I finished my cutting yesterday.... no let up in Boynton beach yet.

Where you at?

jvanvliet
11-25-2009, 12:30 PM
Got some guy outside my house right now cutting... his customers will be real happy with the ripped up muddy lawns for their thanksgiving guests....

zturncutter
11-25-2009, 12:36 PM
That sucks that you had to put work on for this week at all, we did everyone last week and I'll keep it that way till april 15th, but us florida guys are all getting paid while we sit on lawnsite:clapping:

We had all of our maintenance accounts done last week on our every 2 week schedule as well, just needed to finish a small paver job and a small landscape as promised before the holiday.:cool2:

capelawncare.com
11-25-2009, 12:38 PM
Its been raining all morning here. Not heavy, but steady rain. Im done for the week, so it doesnt impact me.

zturncutter
11-25-2009, 12:39 PM
Got some guy outside my house right now cutting... his customers will be real happy with the ripped up muddy lawns for their thanksgiving guests....

Maybe a good time to drop off a card to the Nieghbor.:laugh:

traman
11-25-2009, 12:50 PM
i never work the week of thanksgiving, why would you book work knowing that you cant work Thursday,plus most people have company come in for 3 or 4 days and cars are parked all over the place.now you get rain in the mix and your behind 2 days :hammerhead::hammerhead:in most cases if you take thanksgiving week off,it will coincides with having Christmas week off also.and for an added bonus this weekend in Florida its going to get in the 40s have fun.

zturncutter
11-25-2009, 01:01 PM
Bring on those 40's.:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Jason'sLawnCare
11-25-2009, 01:04 PM

That's what I'm saying. I'm looking foward to it.

traman
11-25-2009, 01:06 PM
Bring on those 40's.:clapping::clapping::clapping: true that, i guess i should keep my mouth shut . this summer was brutal

zturncutter
11-25-2009, 01:11 PM
true that, i guess i should keep my mouth shut . this summer was brutal

Brutal and almost never ending.

jvanvliet
11-25-2009, 01:35 PM
Maybe a good time to drop off a card to the Nieghbor.:laugh:

Be standing outside his house tommorrow going TSK... TSK... you should use MY guy. BWAAAAAA HA HA HA :laugh:

billslawn89
11-25-2009, 04:02 PM
north port here, close to you zturncutter, my rain gauge shows i only got .60 inches of rain. pretty much a slow steady rain today! nice. no mowing for me this week either. got everybody done last week. just did a few shrub trimmings monday and tuesday and thats it for me...drinking some cold ones tonight and tomorrow! happy turkey day everyone!

unkownfl
11-25-2009, 06:16 PM
i never work the week of thanksgiving, why would you book work knowing that you cant work Thursday,plus most people have company come in for 3 or 4 days and cars are parked all over the place.now you get rain in the mix and your behind 2 days :hammerhead::hammerhead:in most cases if you take thanksgiving week off,it will coincides with having Christmas week off also.and for an added bonus this weekend in Florida its going to get in the 40s have fun.

Guess you guys don't have much work. I run solo in the winter time and have my cousin in the summer. In the winter I am cutting everyday almost twice per month and that is a full schedule. In the summer I get twice as fast or faster when I cut every week. It works out perfect besides when it rains I just have to work weekends or push back a few days on normal cuttings. I don't have any customers ever complain especial around the holidays so I am not sweeting it.

gumper48
11-25-2009, 06:42 PM
one inch and 2 tenths in the gauge so far. 50% rain till 7 am, then drops to 5 %. Need to get the fire started at 3 am and start the smoking by 4 or 4:30.
Ribs, chicken and pork loin at 11am. (the Lord willing and the creek don't rise ).

Dyal Mowing & Tractor Service

gumper48
11-25-2009, 06:58 PM
Though I'd send a pic of the smoker

USFGUY
11-25-2009, 07:41 PM
Condo complex that I do wanted everything mowed and trimmed so they would have it nice for thanksgiving for people to see... rained yesterday.. rained today.. they want it cut anyways... mower sank axle deep first 10 feet in... took pictures and quit...

Customer WILL DEMAND it get mowed tomorrow.

yamadooski
11-25-2009, 08:12 PM

Why? Because we are in the dumbest profession on the planet and a bunch of idiot people that dont even know how to tie a pair shoes let alone schedule work the week of Thanksgiving.
Now these same morons also work inbetween Christmas and New Years.
They do that around Tampa too.

fl-landscapes
11-25-2009, 08:42 PM

saturday they say 46.......burrrrrrrrr

zturncutter
11-25-2009, 08:50 PM
saturday they say 46.......burrrrrrrrr

Man I can't wait, I have the lighter pine ready and split Oak and pallets for a nice fire in the fire pit.:)

zturncutter
11-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Though I'd send a pic of the smoker

Looks real good, just finished Thanksgiving dinner early, my son is home from college and my wife has to work part of the day tomorrow so we had dinner this evening. Lots of left overs for tomorrow.

Landscape Poet
11-26-2009, 02:42 AM
Rained all day and I mean all day. I have a few accounts that I wanted to service today - but the few that I did have will not want me working the day after either so it is not a huge deal, it can wait till Monday.

zturncutter
11-26-2009, 08:06 AM
Checked the rain gauge at 7:00 am, 1.48 inches in the last 24 hours. Happy Thanksgiving.

jvanvliet
11-26-2009, 08:44 AM
Getting ready to head south to Key West (where a man even of moderate means can live like a QUEEN :laugh:) Gonna be low 70's in the day (brrrrrr) and mid 60" at nite (double brrrrr).

Got my #3 & #4 boys and my wifey with me, going to meet #2 son just back from Iraq & watch him get married Saturday @ Fort Zachary Taylor. #1 son in Portland Washington... too bad he could'nt make it.

Other than him, whole fam damily be there.... got a lot to be thankful for;

God is good!!!!!!!!!!!

capelawncare.com
11-26-2009, 09:39 AM
Man I can't wait, I have the lighter pine ready and split Oak and pallets for a nice fire in the fire pit.:)

A bunch of split oak is what i need. with 2 fireplaces and a brick oven oven I go thru a shitload of wood every yr.

Jason'sLawnCare
11-26-2009, 11:07 AM
Getting ready to head south to Key West (where a man even of moderate means can live like a QUEEN :laugh:) Gonna be low 70's in the day (brrrrrr) and mid 60" at nite (double brrrrr).

Got my #3 & #4 boys and my wifey with me, going to meet #2 son just back from Iraq & watch him get married Saturday @ Fort Zachary Taylor. #1 son in Portland Washington... too bad he could'nt make it.

Other than him, whole fam damily be there.... got a lot to be thankful for;

God is good!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats. Have fun.