PDA

View Full Version : Must Be A Good Sign

GravelyGuy
11-25-2009, 01:55 PM
I've been looking for a used Z Spray Junior and they're hard to come by. People must not be willing to let them go.

Let me know if you see a good shape/low hour used one for sale.

If I pick one up, I'll be getting rid of my 200 gallon skid if anyone is interested in it.

ArTurf
11-25-2009, 02:23 PM
I have an '09 Jr with 2 extra 7 gallon tanks, foam marker & wider tires. I just purchashed it this summer and have done 1 round of spraying. I am not near the machine right now but guessing it has less than 50 hours. I am thinking of going to the Z-max if I can work some details out. Keep in touch with me.

grassman177
11-25-2009, 02:37 PM
suggestion, if you can swing the money, keep the tank in the truck and use it as a nurse tank with premix. works great, we made a bypass right out of the pump so we can still use the hose reel if we need to for an ap(not same mix due to app rate).

doing this made the fill time quite fast at8-9 gpm. contact if you consider this and i will tell you the details

GravelyGuy
11-25-2009, 02:48 PM
I have an '09 Jr with 2 extra 7 gallon tanks, foam marker & wider tires. I just purchashed it this summer and have done 1 round of spraying. I am not near the machine right now but guessing it has less than 50 hours. I am thinking of going to the Z-max if I can work some details out. Keep in touch with me.

How much wider are the tires? I want to go with the JR to get it into as many places as possible. Are you going to be driving to Indiana to pick up your Max?

suggestion, if you can swing the money, keep the tank in the truck and use it as a nurse tank with premix. works great, we made a bypass right out of the pump so we can still use the hose reel if we need to for an ap(not same mix due to app rate).

doing this made the fill time quite fast at8-9 gpm. contact if you consider this and i will tell you the details

I havn't decided how I want to do the nurse tank, but I want to do something that is less bulky than this skid sprayer. I was thinking about going with a smaller skid sprayer that I can use on the gated props. that I can't fit into with the Z or I may just backpack those smaller lawns and stay away from a skid all together.

Thanks...

ArTurf
11-25-2009, 03:38 PM
10" vs 8" stock. It would be simple to change back to 8.

GravelyGuy
11-25-2009, 06:27 PM
10" vs 8" stock. It would be simple to change back to 8.

Sent you a PM

wcb607a
11-25-2009, 06:27 PM
What size hopper does is have?

ArTurf
11-25-2009, 09:02 PM
It has the 120# hopper.

LawnoftheMonth
11-25-2009, 09:40 PM
I'm interested in the skid if you decide to let go of it, will it fit in a tacoma quad cab bed?

sprayboy
11-27-2009, 05:23 PM
I've been looking for a used Z Spray Junior and they're hard to come by. People must not be willing to let them go.

Let me know if you see a good shape/low hour used one for sale.

If I pick one up, I'll be getting rid of my 200 gallon skid if anyone is interested in it.

Call the guys at LT Rich.

They sometimes know of guys wanting to sell their used machines so they can upgrade or just want new ones. They will hook you up with them if they know of any for sale.

Runner
11-27-2009, 05:58 PM
man, I could have swore I just saw one a very shot time ago that someone here in Michigan was selling. It was down toward the Detroit area, I believe...

ted putnam
11-27-2009, 08:54 PM
Call the guys at LT Rich.

They sometimes know of guys wanting to sell their used machines so they can upgrade or just want new ones. They will hook you up with them if they know of any for sale.

...or just ask Larry. He knows quite a few that are ditching Z's for T's. :rolleyes:

ted putnam
11-27-2009, 08:57 PM

WOW...you've come a long way this year. I remember back when you were asking about dragging a small tank with a lawnmower and applying. Sounds like you've done well this season. :clapping:

GravelyGuy
11-27-2009, 08:58 PM
I'm interested in the skid if you decide to let go of it, will it fit in a tacoma quad cab bed?

It fits in my Tundra and it's a short bed. You may be better off with a trailer with the Tacoma. The sprayer is over 2000 lbs when full.

Thank you guys for keeping your eyes open. I'm going to repaint my skid sprayer and get it ready for next spring, but I want to get a ride on soon.

sprayboy
11-27-2009, 09:44 PM
...or just ask Larry. He knows quite a few that are ditching Z's for T's. :rolleyes:

Good point

ArTurf
11-30-2009, 09:35 AM
Ted: I learned you need to go big or stay home. The right equipment is everything and I should have known that by mowing. Things are going good, not getting rich but keeping my head above water.

grassman177
11-30-2009, 12:55 PM
Ted: I learned you need to go big or stay home. The right equipment is everything and I should have known that by mowing. Things are going good, not getting rich but keeping my head above water.

good to hear. the right tools for the job always makes life easier and more enjoyable. and work too!

ArTurf
12-01-2009, 08:35 PM
Here are pics. The machine has 18 hours on it.

ArTurf
12-01-2009, 08:43 PM
2nd time's a charm.

GravelyGuy
12-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Let me know what you are looking to get out of it. Are you going to be coming through Indiana to pick up your Z Max or are you having them ship it?

PM if you want.