PDA

View Full Version : PG (etc) owners going for the T3000

americanlawn
11-25-2009, 07:50 PM
Several PG owners in my area are now ditching their PG units and are upgrading to the T3000. Recently also see that Z-guys (here) are now also buying T's. I don't want this to be a pissing match cuz I know all models are good. Just curious why PG owners, etc (Z's) are switching to T's. Also wondering how many Z-Spray owners plan to incorporate T3000's in their operation. I figure each machine has it's own advantage.

rscvp, thanks

NattyLawn
11-25-2009, 08:29 PM
Besides the spray system, what makes the T better than the PG? It goes the same speed, holds the same amount of fert. Is the steering wheel that much better? If I'm going to upgrade, I want to make my job easier.

jbturf
11-25-2009, 08:29 PM
happy turkey day

turf hokie
11-25-2009, 08:30 PM
Seriously?????

You dont want a pissing match????

Then knock of the T-3000 threads.

We are all tired of hearing it, no matter how you present the question or the thread.

I will say what others have said, I respect you and your business, I have spoken to you on the phone.

But enough is enough. I can honestly say I was considering a T. test drove it 2x but I cant bear to run this machine after you hard selling it for so long.

Let us up Larry we are turning blue......

a plus bob
11-25-2009, 08:31 PM
happy turkey day

Thank you ! :)

NattyLawn
11-25-2009, 08:34 PM
Seriously?????

We are all tired of hearing it, no matter how you present the question or the thread.

I will say what others have said, I respect you and your business, I have spoken to you on the phone.

But enough is enough. I can honestly say I was considering a T. test drove it 2x but I cant bear to run this machine after you hard selling it for so long.

Agreed. Larry is hurting sales, especially from people that frequent this site.

I'm sure the excuse will be 9 guys from his shop that can't create their own lawnsite accounts all post the same thing about their love for the T! And they don't have to pull a trailer anymore!

turf hokie
11-25-2009, 08:38 PM
Agreed. Larry is hurting sales, especially from people that frequent this site.

I'm sure the excuse will be 9 guys from his shop that can't create their own lawnsite accounts all post the same thing about their love for the T! And they don't have to pull a trailer anymore!

Yup, I told him ages ago to let his employees have their own account so we know who is posting and not posting....but that would make to much sense I guess.

But what is crazy is I dont run a T and I dont need a trailer either.....oh well.

CHARLES CUE
11-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Hey Larry any guys in your area dragging hose going to a T
Why cant Larry post you dont have to respond I bet they all set at American lawn and laugh
Charles Cue

topsites
11-25-2009, 08:49 PM
daaaaaayum ..... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

a plus bob
11-25-2009, 08:57 PM
I don't know anybody switching from a Z to a T .But I also don't know anybody switching from a T to a Z either probably because your the only T owner out there maybe when somebody else buys one? don't know we will have to wait and see :dancing:

ted putnam
11-25-2009, 10:15 PM
There is a business law called "Law of Diminishing Returns". You're fitting nicely into that slot for Turfco. I'm kinda surprised they haven't let the loose cannon go overboard and sink to the bottom. Of course there's not much they can do about it now...all they can do is better screen people for future positions with the A-team. The bottle says take with food, I suggest you do that with your meal tommorrow. Happy Thanksgiving

grassman177
11-25-2009, 11:05 PM
i have to agree, no one has a lack of hearing about how someone with another ride one is going goo goo for a T3000.

i think, someone else can count, but you have posted this same idea in different word counts like 8 or 10 times. i get it, you know some guys, there is not some big trend you are reporting on like a breaking news story. jsut is not happening and even iff, we dont care. really , jsut dont care about this topic. we do care for advice you can give anyone using or asking about the t3000. that is great and invaluable from a user and satisfied customer such as yourself.

please, stop with this waste of time we beg you

Service 1st Lawn Care
11-25-2009, 11:20 PM
Several PG owners in my area are now ditching their PG units and are upgrading to the T3000. Recently also see that Z-guys (here) are now also buying T's. I don't want this to be a pissing match cuz I know all models are good. Just curious why PG owners, etc (Z's) are switching to T's. Also wondering how many Z-Spray owners plan to incorporate T3000's in their operation. I figure each machine has it's own advantage.

rscvp, thanks

Larry I think you need to acquire some professional help, you cant go a week without having to bring up the t3000. You have posted in every which way you can to slam the Z, and thats really all your post are about you could give a damn why someone is purchasing a certain machine. Give it a damn break I think you can tell everyone is sick of hearing it.

Service 1st Lawn Care
11-25-2009, 11:22 PM
Thank you ! :)

Have a Happy Thanksgiving Bob

rcreech
11-25-2009, 11:46 PM
I really don't want to get into this...but what the heck! :)

I don't really care who switches to what...or who uses what! I just know I have the best machine for my operation...and everytime I go to LT Rich they have 12 machines being made at a time...and Andy says they are way behind!

You can let the people do the talking....or you can let the sales do the talking.

One pays the bills...and the other does not! :)

lawnrx
11-26-2009, 09:31 AM
I have a Z....For 4yrs now. I love it and it has never let me down. Because of this thread I looked at the T. It is a nice machine. But I'll stay with me Z.. I do love the spray system on the T. I wonder if I could buy that and put it on the Z????

a plus bob
11-26-2009, 09:54 AM
Have a Happy Thanksgiving Bob

Thanks Mark same to you and all Z-spray owners . Larry I hope you and your guys slept off that case of beer a piece you guys finished off after work yesterday !When the hangover goes away so will this thread I imagine :p

a plus bob
11-26-2009, 09:56 AM
I have a Z....For 4yrs now. I love it and it has never let me down. Because of this thread I looked at the T. It is a nice machine. But I'll stay with me Z.. I do love the spray system on the T. I wonder if I could buy that and put it on the Z????

You can call Brent or Scott in parts at LT Rich they can fix you up.

ted putnam
11-26-2009, 10:21 AM
You can call Brent or Scott in parts at LT Rich they can fix you up.

That's good to know bob...interesting...it'd be nice to be able to make all the connections so a person could have the option of one or the other at any given time. Not sure that could be done. Thanks. Everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving.

a plus bob
11-26-2009, 10:30 AM
That's good to know bob...interesting...it'd be nice to be able to make all the connections so a person could have the option of one or the other at any given time. Not sure that could be done. Thanks. Everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Yep I don't know if you remember Rodney got the flood tips as well as a boom on his new super beast max.He can spray either way.I am thinking of adding it on mine for cemeteries and weed control only apps.

ted putnam
11-26-2009, 11:05 AM
I don't have any cemeteries but it would be nice to make turns and keep spraying without the worry of over application on the inside corners... I always liked that about my PG.

grassman177
11-26-2009, 11:16 AM
I don't have any cemeteries but it would be nice to make turns and keep spraying without the worry of over application on the inside corners... I always liked that about my PG.

i have never found that to be an issue. i llike the very directed spray of a boom

foreplease
11-26-2009, 11:46 AM
Seriously?????

Exactly right and not a wasted or unnecessary syllable.

Even if the "T" was best of breed, it's like this for me: let's say the T is ice cream, and the relentless promotions are horse$hit. Mix them together. Which one do you taste?

rcreech
11-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Yep I don't know if you remember Rodney got the flood tips as well as a boom on his new super beast max.He can spray either way.I am thinking of adding it on mine for cemeteries and weed control only apps.

Yeah....I got it on mine and although I barely use it...it is a really nice addition to the machine for cemetaries and heavily wooded lots! Other then that...I see not use for it as I have fell in love with my boom (which I used to couldn't stand the thought of)!

LT Rich added it to mine when it was new...but I think you could add it to your machine for probably $25-30 if you did it yourself.

All it consistes of is another valve, maybe 6-8 ft of hose...drill a hole and tip body and tip.

Very easy to add and just ANOTHER OPTION you can add to make you more preductive and effecient!

sprayboy
11-27-2009, 10:53 PM
Yeah....I got it on mine and although I barely use it...it is a really nice addition to the machine for cemetaries and heavily wooded lots! Other then that...I see not use for it as I have fell in love with my boom (which I used to couldn't stand the thought of)!

LT Rich added it to mine when it was new...but I think you could add it to your machine for probably $25-30 if you did it yourself.

All it consistes of is another valve, maybe 6-8 ft of hose...drill a hole and tip body and tip.

Very easy to add and just ANOTHER OPTION you can add to make you more preductive and effecient!

Pretty cheap add on for what could be a valuble option.

I need to look into this for my current max or put it on my new one.... if the tax man lets me buy one.

rcreech
11-27-2009, 11:01 PM
Pretty cheap add on for what could be a valuble option.

I need to look into this for my current max or put it on my new one.... if the tax man lets me buy one.

It is...and at the height of the boom (where mine is mounted) you can get a 15 ft effective spray width.

Very cheap addition to the Z!

grassman177
11-28-2009, 12:11 AM
It is...and at the height of the boom (where mine is mounted) you can get a 15 ft effective spray width.

Very cheap addition to the Z!

now that you mention 15 ft spray, i am more interested. i so some really big places and time is of the essence. what pressure do you run this operation at and at what app rate does it go down at, speed changes etc. thanks

rcreech
11-28-2009, 08:30 AM
now that you mention 15 ft spray, i am more interested. i so some really big places and time is of the essence. what pressure do you run this operation at and at what app rate does it go down at, speed changes etc. thanks

You have to adjust your pressure when going from the boom to boomless but I still keep in at 40 psi to keep it simple. If it was a windy day you may want to drop it a little more.

5 mph @ 40 psi is around 9.5 gpa.

That means I can spray 6 acres/fill when using the boomless tip! :)

foreplease
11-28-2009, 09:08 AM
5 mph @ 40 psi is around 9.5 gpa.

That means I can spray 6 acres/fill when using the boomless tip! :)
I am trying to follow this but must have the setup pictured wrong. Are you able to carry almost 60 gallons of mix on your Z? As I recall you have three separate tanks, right?

rcreech
11-28-2009, 09:37 AM
I am trying to follow this but must have the setup pictured wrong. Are you able to carry almost 60 gallons of mix on your Z? As I recall you have three separate tanks, right?

I can carry a total of 64 gallons on my Z.

I have 4 tanks on my Z...but only 3 of them can be used to go through the front boom and boomless tip. The 3 tanks total 57 gallons.

The other 7 gallon tank has its own pump, hose reel and boomless tip. My configuration is customized and pretty complex. I will post some pics later.

foreplease
11-28-2009, 09:48 AM
That clears it up. Thanks. I didn't realize the capacity was so high!

grassman177
11-28-2009, 10:47 AM
rodney, so you have to use a different mix when going to run the boomless tip? i figured you are still going at about 1/4 gal per K rate, maybe a little less actually. i am too tired to figure the math well this morning. it is my first day of vacation, feeling good.!

rcreech
11-28-2009, 03:03 PM
That clears it up. Thanks. I didn't realize the capacity was so high!

I can typically spray about 5 acres/fill with the boom...and that is why I always question the guys when the can double my production while they are filling 3 times more then I am.

The Z is a production machine as far as capacity!!!!

I don't see how it can be outdone but it seems to be way behind and I can't figure out why! I am cutting out all the trips to the truck and time setting also.

Oh Well :)

rcreech
11-28-2009, 03:06 PM
rodney, so you have to use a different mix when going to run the boomless tip? i figured you are still going at about 1/4 gal per K rate, maybe a little less actually. i am too tired to figure the math well this morning. it is my first day of vacation, feeling good.!

Yes...unfortunatly I would have to adjust the speed to keep the same mix ratio, so I just decided to run two mixes.

I think it is simpler to run 2 mix ratios...then change speed but I guess it is 6 one way and a half dozen the other.

I only use the boomless tip on large jobs so I have no need to go back and forth.

Have fun on your time off.

We will be done Tuesday if all goes well! :)

americanlawn
11-28-2009, 03:26 PM
rc -- Regarding an effective 15 foot spray width, have you considered cranking up the pressure & increasing your ground speed? (I would) We tweaked the ground speed up to 6 mph on a T while using a boom, and it sprayed well....... Prob is that it's only good for "spray only" accounts cuz the maximum spread width is narrower than 15 feet. On the other hand, Z-Sprays could match spread width with the 15 foot spray width. (advantage Z's)

In all honesty, we could use one Z-Intermediate & two T's in our operation, but I try to keep things simple, and our '08 T's can easily be upgraded to 2010 specs.

Stopped by a friends LCO last week. He's been running Z-Sprays and Magnums for a few years, and he's one of two local Z-friends who recently purchased T3000's. One reason is commercial properties around here are bid so cheap that the profit margin is very low. He said the T is a nice fit in his operation. I thought this info was interesting because I am always curious to see what works for others........never know, I might learn something. :laugh: Anybody try out the PG Triumph yet? Curious.

grassman177
11-28-2009, 03:56 PM
thanks rodney, i think i would personally like to crank it up with speed like american was talking about and be able to use the same mix. 6 to 1/2 dozen! i may look into adding this to one or all of our zsprays for use on the really large places. it would cut time down.

would you grace us with some up close pics of this so i can get some ideas of mounting etc. thanks

ted putnam
11-28-2009, 04:33 PM
[quote=would you grace us with some up close pics of this so i can get some ideas of mounting etc. Thanks[/quote]

ditto!_____

americanlawn
11-28-2009, 05:08 PM
Z's have capabilities that no others have. Let's see some pics. I also know what Spykers can do (especially the 220's).

Always learning. Thanks.

thanks rodney, i think i would personally like to crank it up with speed like american was talking about and be able to use the same mix. 6 to 1/2 dozen! i may look into adding this to one or all of our zsprays for use on the really large places. it would cut time down.

would you grace us with some up close pics of this so i can get some ideas of mounting etc. thanks

rcreech
11-28-2009, 05:38 PM
I have never posted any pics of my new machine! Please forgive me as I have yet to clean it up for the year end. We still have 2 very large production days left before it gets spit shined! :)

Over the winter I am going to pimp out the rims and do a few minor things to spoof it up a little.

The top tip on the boom is for my stand alone tank that I use mostly for Gly. This system also has its OWN hose reel.

The bottom tip is for my boomless apps. It is tied to the other 3 tanks.

With this set up I can carry 4 products at one time or I an use all 3 tanks for 3-Way and use the other tank for whatever.

rcreech
11-28-2009, 05:41 PM
Here are some of the valves and some close ups to show how the unit works.

grassman177
11-28-2009, 07:50 PM
that is awesome dude, my techs could never figure it out though, they have trouble with the normal ones and switching tanks, ahah

you have a tip just for your gly tank, you do ride on blanket of gly?? i thought it was only hooked to the second reel? would that pose issues with the tires and tracking? explain please!!

i think you have the most capable zspray i have ever seen, very nice. i am going to talk with the boss and see if he is interested in letting me plumb this set up for those large areas for more width in application. since i am unfamiliar with that nozzle, could you provide info on make model and size etc .

foreplease
11-28-2009, 09:12 PM
Very nice but I still don't like the hose clamps.

rcreech
11-28-2009, 09:35 PM
that is awesome dude, my techs could never figure it out though, they have trouble with the normal ones and switching tanks, ahah

Thanks! It is actually not as hard to operate as it looks. When I first got it my Dad said he wouldn't run it...now I can't get him off of it. It isn't that bad once you know what everything does! By spring I will have every thing labeled real well just to make it that much easier!

you have a tip just for your gly tank, you do ride on blanket of gly?? i thought it was only hooked to the second reel? would that pose issues with the tires and tracking? explain please!!

I do have a tip for gly. I use in on large properties and driveways but you do have to be careful on driving though it. I wash the tires off after that. The gly tank also goes to a hose reel and that is what I use moslty on small residentials. I always try and upsell driveways while we are on their lawns. Just some extra gas money! :)

i think you have the most capable zspray i have ever seen, very nice. i am going to talk with the boss and see if he is interested in letting me plumb this set up for those large areas for more width in application. since i am unfamiliar with that nozzle, could you provide info on make model and size etc .

I will have to look and see what tip size it is...but it is a Hypro. Will try and get that for you soon. Tip works awesome~! I would highly recommend adding this option to your sprayer as it is just another option for you!

rcreech
11-28-2009, 09:38 PM
Very nice but I still don't like the hose clamps.

What is wrong with hose clamps?

Why do hose clamps bother you?

What do you recommend in their place?

I have been around sprayers my whole life and I have never seen anything else used.

foreplease
11-28-2009, 09:48 PM
Ha ha ha...sorry man. I just don't think they look as professional as the rest of the machine. Also, I am certain I would cut myself on them and/or my gloves and clothes often, something I never like but especially around pesticides. I would prefer pressed on fittings. Maybe not practical.

This is a small deal in an otherwise good looking and good performing machine. It is a little surprising to me they would send it out like that.

rcreech
11-28-2009, 09:57 PM
Ha ha ha...sorry man. I just don't think they look as professional as the rest of the machine. Also, I am certain I would cut myself on them and/or my gloves and clothes often, something I never like but especially around pesticides. I would prefer pressed on fittings. Maybe not practical.

This is a small deal in an otherwise good looking and good performing machine. It is a little surprising to me they would send it out like that.

I guess I don't notice it because I have always been around it!

I am sure that pressed fittings would look great..but think about maintenance. I want to be able to work on it. Right now I am just a screw driver away from working on it. If you have pressed fittings and have a problem you are screwed!

I can't remember getting cut by a hose clamp yet. You just have to be careful.

On the hose clamps on my hose reels I usually WRAP the hose clamps with electrical tape just to keep from snagging stuff.

Know what you are saying...but agree that it probably just isn't very practical!

a plus bob
11-28-2009, 10:03 PM
band-it style clamps are a pain to fix in a hurry. I have only seen them used on high pressure fittings not low pressure 40-45 psi on a Z-spray.Right tool for the right job.I stopped using band-it clamps even on my spray trucks due to inconvence of repair in the field.

grassman177
11-28-2009, 11:00 PM
band-it style clamps are a pain to fix in a hurry. I have only seen them used on high pressure fittings not low pressure 40-45 psi on a Z-spray.Right tool for the right job.I stopped using band-it clamps even on my spray trucks due to inconvence of repair in the field.

never used them as for that fact alone. would have had an issue twice this year with guys not watching out and snapping the return hose fitting on my max. had to repair in the field. oh, wait. one of the two times happened to me and it was unloading off a curb with frame twist. the boom was not adjusted out far enough in the folded position and it broke the fitting.

rcreech
11-29-2009, 01:56 PM
Ha ha ha...sorry man. I just don't think they look as professional as the rest of the machine.

foreplease,

I got to thinking about the hose clamps you are talking about...and this is only a $10,000 machine.

If this makes you sick...then you should see the brand new JD sprayer at $280,000+ ....as they have a lot more hose clamps then a ride on! :laugh:

http://www.deere.com/en_US/ProductCatalog/FR/series/sprayers/4930_sprayer_series.html

foreplease
11-29-2009, 02:59 PM
Touche! 120' boom lol. I have seen one a lot like that working around here. I pulled over and took a photo of it last spring.

When I go down to my shop next I will take a look at mine. Maybe it's not as great as I remember :)

Grandview
12-01-2009, 07:55 AM
One reason is commercial properties around here are bid so cheap that the profit margin is very low. He said the T is a nice fit in his operation. I thought this info was interesting because I am always curious to see what works for others........never know, I might learn something. :laugh: Anybody try out the PG Triumph yet?

I do not understand this comment. Who buys a piece of equipment based on profit margin. I buy the piece that is the most productive. It is even more important to have the most productive equipment when margins are low. The more you get done per hour the more you make. On commercial properties the advantage would go the the Z, 6 mph, 50 gal ( enough to cover 10 acres), 200 pound plus hopper.

Michael J. Donovan
12-01-2009, 04:56 PM
there's no need to have these threads turn into a brawl...everyone can voice their opinions (or choose not too :rolleyes:) in a decent way - meaning without the personal attacks on one another or name calling

so, if you are unable to do so, then there is no need to respond, just move along to another thread or discussion...this is meant for all those involved, not just the Z guys, the Turfco guys, etc.

thanks, we'd appreciate it

dno870
12-03-2009, 01:40 PM
Here are some of the valves and some close ups to show how the unit works.

I really like how you have your machine set up. I hate to be nosey, but do you maybe know how much extra (just a ballpark figure) that you had to pay to have the 7 gallon tanks, pump, and reel? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Hope you have a great winter.

rcreech
12-03-2009, 10:20 PM
I really like how you have your machine set up. I hate to be nosey, but do you maybe know how much extra (just a ballpark figure) that you had to pay to have the 7 gallon tanks, pump, and reel? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Hope you have a great winter.

I can't really remember it all but here is a some quick numbers. Call LT Rich is you want to make sure!

Extra tank - $300
Extra tank with pump - $595
Foam Marker - $400
Extra hose reel - $ ???? Dunno
Extra tips and plumbing for the front $????? Dunno