PDA

View Full Version : a future lawn care entrepreneur?

bare spot
11-25-2009, 11:48 PM
well was just watching the local late news and see some competion coming my way in few yrs (at least). they had a one of their reporters in a local school and were asking the students what they will be giving thanks for this holiday and one students said he was going to give thanks for cutting the lawn this yr. now idk, he was only nine or ten, didn't see him out cutting or with a setup in the area so i don't think he's up and running yet but someone, giving thanks for lawn cutting, sounds like some good competition. now just kidding on all this but just saw this a minute and had to share, made my day, have a good thanksgiving.

lawnsaspire
11-25-2009, 11:53 PM
Cutting grass is truly a priveledge we should all treasure.:)

bare spot
11-26-2009, 12:01 AM
Cutting grass is truly a priveledge we should all treasure.:)

end of the yr (almost) and i'm little wore but yes, for sure i'm gonna give thanks, agree.

a clear difference lawn
11-26-2009, 07:00 AM
I'd be thankful if my 12 year old cut the lawn - but al he's interested in is video games. At any rate, I am very thankful for a good year and wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving.

MikeKle
11-26-2009, 11:12 AM
We all should be very thankful our customers continue to keep us working! I am very thankful that mine stay loyal year after year, and always refer new people to me. Who knows what I d be doing if I didnt have them?

rvpkanapsky
11-27-2009, 11:41 PM
Sounds like a cool kid

andyslawncare
11-29-2009, 07:12 AM
I guess I'll be the negative poster and say that I hate mowing lawns and I wish more people had money to invest in landscaping right now....I know most of the people posting here are in lawn care, and light landscaping but sales haven't been what they have been in the past by far this year for either service. I appreciate my mowing accounts because they pay the bills through the winter, but I'm sick of being married to my maintenance accounts and am ready to quit mowing once people have money again, and I wish more large one time jobs would give me a call soon! Maybe we should call Obama for a bail out package for small business owners instead of encourage this B.S. bill for health care, which we can supply to employees that we hire-if only we could afford to grow!! Anyone with me on this thought?!?!?! If you are for OBAMA, please don't even respond to this quote because you should surely know that he is ruining this country one day at a time...Just a matter of time before the U.S. as we know it is gone... :(

STIHL GUY
11-29-2009, 09:30 PM
i am thankful for a good season as well with no injuries and no major mechanical problems

93Chevy
11-29-2009, 09:34 PM
I guess I'll be the negative poster and say that I hate mowing lawns and I wish more people had money to invest in landscaping right now....I know most of the people posting here are in lawn care, and light landscaping but sales haven't been what they have been in the past by far this year for either service. I appreciate my mowing accounts because they pay the bills through the winter, but I'm sick of being married to my maintenance accounts and am ready to quit mowing once people have money again, and I wish more large one time jobs would give me a call soon! Maybe we should call Obama for a bail out package for small business owners instead of encourage this B.S. bill for health care, which we can supply to employees that we hire-if only we could afford to grow!! Anyone with me on this thought?!?!?! If you are for OBAMA, please don't even respond to this quote because you should surely know that he is ruining this country one day at a time...Just a matter of time before the U.S. as we know it is gone... :(

A true stimulus would go into the hands of the taxpayers so they can afford to spend more money on our services....and other services as well.

But anyway, the guy I worked for full time this summer said this was his slowest year ever. At one point, he only had 2 other employees plus myself. I can't really complain though, because I was racking up the OT pretty well, but I didn't a lot of time to dedicate to my own business. Hopefully next summer will be better for him.