PDA

View Full Version : ProSlide on 2009 G15

RollingZimmer
11-26-2009, 01:06 AM
I was wondering if I could put a proslide xt on a 2009 John Deere G15 36in fixed deck belt driven mower.

Do you think it could handle it? I hate the idea of a two wheel or one wheel sulky and the proslide really has my eye due to being there when you want it and not when you dont.

Also, where is a good place to buy it cheap? Anyone got any on ebay?

Thanks!

gravedigger5
11-27-2009, 01:08 AM
I have never ran a proslide on anything that small, but my 25hp ferris doesn't even know its there and I weigh almost #200. It doesn't pull any worse than a wheeled velke and rides much better. Plus when you get in a spot where you can't use a velke, the proslide folds up out of the way without even stopping. It is definitely more productive than a wheel velke IMHO. I am considering buying one for my 15 hp 36" toro (currently has no velke) and don't think your belt drive would have much trouble either under most conditions

MikeKle
11-27-2009, 01:19 AM
What do you do when you must ride on concrete? Obviously that would destroy the plastic plate on the pro slide. But I have been thinking about a pro slide for my ferris 23hp WB, as I hate the ruts left behind by the 2 wheel sulkys, and the fact that it is almost impossible to tie a 2 wheel velke up when your not using it without it banging into everything! I am concerned with how they turn when you zero turn, it seems like it would dig in sometimes or tear the hell outta the grass in that spot? I do not know what they cost, but when you figure a 2 wheel velke cost about $330. new, and the pro slide doesnt have all the high price bearings and wheels, and pivot points, it is probably MUCH cheaper!! Id have to guess around $125. to $150. brand new.

delphied
11-27-2009, 07:32 AM
What do you do when you must ride on concrete? Obviously that would destroy the plastic plate on the pro slide. But I have been thinking about a pro slide for my ferris 23hp WB, as I hate the ruts left behind by the 2 wheel sulkys, and the fact that it is almost impossible to tie a 2 wheel velke up when your not using it without it banging into everything! I am concerned with how they turn when you zero turn, it seems like it would dig in sometimes or tear the hell outta the grass in that spot? I do not know what they cost, but when you figure a 2 wheel velke cost about $330. new, and the pro slide doesnt have all the high price bearings and wheels, and pivot points, it is probably MUCH cheaper!! Id have to guess around $125. to $150. brand new.

HAHAHA. Try $400 plus shipping.

gravedigger5
11-27-2009, 10:49 AM
I know a lot of people justify buying something by the cost. The cheaper the better. I have always tried to figure out how much time something is going to save me, how much more work can I get done, and how much more money this item is going to help me make. Any kind of velke (ride on devise) is going make you faster and less tired at the end of the day. So for me any velke is going to pay for itself in the first week. I feel my proslide makes me even more productive than a wheel velke, so I can justify the extra $70.

The proslide does have expensive parts (gas charged shocks, teflon wear pad)

Concrete and asphalt are the downfall of the proslide. If you have long distances to and between your turf areas, a wheel velke would be better. I will ride on the proslide over sidewalks, but usually walk across driveways and larger sections of concrete. I get about 300 machine hrs out of the teflon wear pad. More concrete will wear it out faster, but I don't get paid to mow those areas:usflag:

MikeKle
11-27-2009, 11:54 AM
That is ridiculous! I will never buy one now, I could justify under $200. but never $400. for that. BTW gas charged shocks that small are pretty cheap about anywhere, look around online.

RollingZimmer
11-27-2009, 12:43 PM
Dont they sell those shocks at trailer places for hard shell truck covers?

Either way I think I am going to get it. I want to be able to go faster on my machine and use it for everything its got. I am mostly solo operation so I am hoping I can save some time and add a few lawns in a day by doing this.

I dont think my weight should be an issue as far as pulling up in the front. I weigh about 150. Sometimes when i get bored walking back to the trailer I pick my self up by the bars and float there and it never really lifts up.

....i wish i could find one for $125 lol

MikeKle
11-27-2009, 03:27 PM
Im going to look on Novae Corps website and see if they have a parts breakdown schematic and I may try to just build one, complete with the gas shocks so it retracts when not being used. Plus I think I have a good idea of the material I will use in place of the teflon plate, but not sure if it would leave a trail behind on concrete? I know I could build one for under $75-$80.!

delphied
11-27-2009, 05:53 PM
Im going to look on Novae Corps website and see if they have a parts breakdown schematic and I may try to just build one, complete with the gas shocks so it retracts when not being used. Plus I think I have a good idea of the material I will use in place of the teflon plate, but not sure if it would leave a trail behind on concrete? I know I could build one for under $75-$80.!

Good luck!