PDA

View Full Version : dump kits

a&j lawncare llc
11-27-2009, 08:03 AM
has any one ever bought a dump kit for your stock bed?how well do they work??i dont want to buy a insert..

Stillwater
11-27-2009, 08:49 AM
installed correctly they work well

Laner
11-28-2009, 01:34 PM
Thinking of installing one of these on my Dodge 2500. Can you leave a trailer hitched when dumping by jack-knifing the trailer? What mods are required on the bumper?

Stillwater
11-28-2009, 01:47 PM
Thinking of installing one of these on my Dodge 2500. Can you leave a trailer hitched when dumping by jack-knifing the trailer? What mods are required on the bumper?

Depends, with the stealth dump kit yes but it is like 4 grand and the trucks they make them for is limited. 4 grand is stupid money for that feature and the trailer is in the way anyway with a load of brush or mattrial that doesent slide right off like wet grass or leaf.

The other kits no, the bumper is cut off the frame and welded to the body and the hitch is modified for the bed to clear it. If you are a good fabricator you can mod it to dump connected but in my opinion it is not worth it. The trailer gets in the way anyway with a sticky load and then you have to clean the trailer tongue off and if you got brush forget it.

These kits are awsume they pay for themselves in a month or 2

Stillwater
11-28-2009, 02:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8aRKORHvjw