PDA

View Full Version : How do you decide it time to put a truck down.

snowjeep
11-27-2009, 09:08 PM
I have a 1995 F250 with a 183,000. I bought it last year before winter for $3000 with a western 7.5 pro plow. I took it to my 4WD guy and he welded gussets on the front axle where they are prone to break. All in all put about $750 in parts and labor before plow season. The truck made it through winter and summer without a hitch. I put a couple hundred in plow parts into it put nothing major. Now I just put $1400 to get ready for this winter and pass inspection. It was so much cause I had to replace 3 sensors. Its ready for winter again but could use a gas tank for convience. And the oil pan has been jb welded but dont know how long it will last. I really cant afford a truck payment but cant afford $1400 in 2 weeks either but always come up with the money. Must have the 2 trucks for plowing and will need a 2nd crew this spring. What do you guys do? Sorry so long.

KrayzKajun
11-27-2009, 09:12 PM
if you need two trucks for plowing and need a 2nd crew in spring then business must be good.

so why cant you afford a better truck???

unkownfl
11-27-2009, 10:19 PM
1400 divided by 12 months is less then 120 per month. A new comparable vehicle is like 700 per month.

DKJLawnCare
11-27-2009, 10:23 PM
So why don't you just buy a used truck in good condition for say $8,000 - $10,000. The payment should be $275 or less

snowjeep
11-27-2009, 10:58 PM
I was thinking the 8-10k truck. Maybe that will be the goal for spring. I response to having money with 2nd crew, big house the wife wanted but she does not work. Thats another story. But adding employees is more exspensive than I thought. So back to the question when do I put her to rest.

Scagguy
11-27-2009, 11:05 PM
I was thinking the 8-10k truck. Maybe that will be the goal for spring. I response to having money with 2nd crew, big house the wife wanted but she does not work. Thats another story. But adding employees is more exspensive than I thought. So back to the question when do I put her to rest.

You put it out to pasture when you can do one of the following. 1. Pay cash for a replacement truck or 2. be able to afford a monthly payment that won't strap you for cash. Those are the only real options that I see.

Turf Dawg
11-27-2009, 11:06 PM
I wish I could tell you------------but my 99 f350 7.3 has 268k and the engine is still going strong. I am going to have to put brakes on it and the left rear wheel seal is leaking. I just put on another water pump a couple of months ago, but the first one I bought had a life time warranty, so that just cost me a couple of hours and I went ahead and bought a new thermostat. Like you, I would like a newer one, but I just hate to buy one when the one I have runs and drives well.

rvpkanapsky
11-27-2009, 11:09 PM
Well it would be cheaper to fix the truck rather than buy a new one

Richard Martin
11-28-2009, 05:09 AM
Can you post a pic of the truck? You haven't spoken of the general condition of the rest of the truck. Are the seats ripped up, the body all rusted out, the exhaust falling off? What about the tranny? How does the fluid smell? Does it shift good? Stuff like that. Here's a pic of my '95 5.0 F-150. It's in really good shape and I'm probably going to keep it around a while longer. It's currently at 132,000 miles.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb56/RMartin631/Mustang/truck7.jpg

Hanau
11-28-2009, 05:44 AM
I bought a 1990 F-250 4x4 with a 460 and a 5 speed. Spent $3k getting the whole driveline rebuilt. Engine, transmission, transfercase, both axles, clutch, u-joints, brakes on all 4 corners, steering linkage, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.

Best money I've spent this year. Honestly. Including purchase price, tires, and 26K commercial tags I have maybe $5K in this truck and it is as tight and reliable as a brand new rig.

In the spring I'll have it repainted white and have some minor dings pulled out for another $2.5K or so.

Then it'll be ready for another 20 years and 200K. Great plow truck.

If you have cash keep rebuilding old trucks to plow with. I am kicking myself in the ass for all the years I spent destroying new trucks by plowing with them. It's going to be much, much, much cheaper to keep 3 old F-250's as dedicated plow only trucks as opposed to driving new trucks into the ground.

They're so much cheaper to repair than new trucks it's not even funny. Wish I had thought of this years ago.

punt66
11-28-2009, 05:50 AM
I buy new. I hate breakdowns! I dont understand why people in business bother with old unreliable equipment to make their money.

http://www.lawnsite.com/picture.php?albumid=11&pictureid=485

Hanau
11-28-2009, 06:03 AM
Yes, reliability is key.

Some guys buy old trucks and fix stuff as it breaks. I decided I really didn't want to be out in a storm with a broken truck.

So I took the more expensive approach. Rebuild everything at once before it breaks. Mechanically the 1990 F-250 is brand new. I even had the shop replace the bearings and synchros in the transmission. New t-case chain. Rebuilt engine. Ring, pinion, everything. If it makes the truck move it was repaired, replaced, rebuilt.

Even with all that I came out way, way, way less than a new F-250.

Now it's a matter of keeping up on maintenance and washing the salt off religiously.

As a plow only truck, it's a good way to go. Keeps the nice rigs from being beat.

punt66
11-28-2009, 06:08 AM
Yes, reliability is key.

Some guys buy old trucks and fix stuff as it breaks. I decided I really didn't want to be out in a storm with a broken truck.

So I took the more expensive approach. Rebuild everything at once before it breaks. Mechanically the 1990 F-250 is brand new. I even had the shop replace the bearings and synchros in the transmission. New t-case chain. Rebuilt engine. Ring, pinion, everything. If it makes the truck move it was repaired, replaced, rebuilt.

Even with all that I came out way, way, way less than a new F-250.

Now it's a matter of keeping up on maintenance and washing the salt off religiously.

As a plow only truck, it's a good way to go. Keeps the nice rigs from being beat.

thats great, what about all the electrical? There is still plenty to go wrong. I know. I have a 1990 dodge 250 4x4 with a 360, meyer plow and dump insert. I am a mechanic and go through it regularly. Yet still, something always happens. I bought that truck new in 1990 also. Its my leaf rig and backup plow rig. Sits most of the year.

AI Inc
11-28-2009, 06:24 AM
I try to find em 1 yr old or so with under 30k, then run em to just under 200k.

buttaluv
11-28-2009, 09:25 AM
I think Hanau has it, cheaper insurance, Taxes, I for one worry about dinging up a new truck, after a month of mowing the interior smells like swamp ass, and you still have 6 years of 700.00 payments to make. yeah that 460 is going to like gas, as opposed to that 30 or 40 thousand dollar diesel....you get the point..

Laner
11-28-2009, 11:19 AM
I can see both sides here.....I have a 1995 Dodge 2500 V10 that I started plowing with 2 winters ago. Last winter reverse band let loose while plowing....so I had to go back to my other truck 2002 F350 CC. Put $2500 into the Dodge last winter (trans, brakes, thermostat, plugs, wires, etc). Now it looks like it needs exhaust manifold gaskets, fuel pump and is starting to show lots of rust. Guessing it will take $4-5K to get it back into shape....truck isn't worth that much, but I don't like the idea of having a truck payment again. I know the truck won't get taken care of as I only drive it during the winter, my lawn guy drives it in the summer and has incurred a few dents/dings this summer. I'm leaning toward fixing it.....what does everyone else think?

Krafty
11-28-2009, 11:35 AM
I buy new. I hate breakdowns! I dont understand why people in business bother with old unreliable equipment to make their money.

My f-550 has 7,6xx miles on it and it just got out of the shop. When you work truck this hard they all break down no matter how old or new they are. But like you said I think there is a difference between old and un reliable equipment. I replace a truck when my down time with the truck plus the money spent on repairs equals what a payment on a new one is. You would be suprised how much down time cost you. I bet if you sit donw and punch in the numbers it far exceeds the 1400 that you spent in parts.

punt66
11-28-2009, 12:34 PM
I think Hanau has it, cheaper insurance, Taxes, I for one worry about dinging up a new truck, after a month of mowing the interior smells like swamp ass, and you still have 6 years of 700.00 payments to make. yeah that 460 is going to like gas, as opposed to that 30 or 40 thousand dollar diesel....you get the point..

the payment on the above truck is $430 a month. 23k brand new. Paid cash for the plow.

P.Services
11-28-2009, 01:23 PM
I'm with punt66 on this one. Buy new or almost new and keep working.
Posted via Mobile Device

JCLawn and more
11-28-2009, 03:18 PM
I don't know if you can do this, but if you are mechanically inclined you could get your self 2, 2 wheel drive older trucks for the summer that can run the miles and not break down. 2 wheel drive trucks don't really much that can go wrong. Then get a old late 80's solid axle 1 ton Chevy for the winter. Old Chevy's are cheap to fix and can find most expensive parts used if you are going to really bang the thing up.

punt66
11-28-2009, 04:08 PM
I don't know if you can do this, but if you are mechanically inclined you could get your self 2, 2 wheel drive older trucks for the summer that can run the miles and not break down. 2 wheel drive trucks don't really much that can go wrong. Then get a old late 80's solid axle 1 ton Chevy for the winter. Old Chevy's are cheap to fix and can find most expensive parts used if you are going to really bang the thing up.

sounds comfy. hahaha Not for me. I will take my new dodge and boss plow. The thunder road package with satelite radio. I know the work will get done and i wont be laying in snowbanks trying to fix.

Hanau
11-28-2009, 05:05 PM
Wiring harness is ok. The taillight harness is a little brittle, from age. I think LMC sells a complete truck harness for under $800. Good summer project if I feel the need. Used to be an EM back in the USCG.

Honestly you can go either way. New or used. I did new for years and hated tearing up a new truck so fast.

Long as the body is decent I have found it pencils out better for my business to fix the old. Bodywork is more costly than mechanical work. If the truck is rusty and beat then it's not worth it. If all it needs is a respray and a few dings pulled then it makes sense costwise.

Only thing I wish I had was manual crank windows. Those old power window motors are slow. Maybe a retrofit in order when they finally burn out.

ferris09
11-28-2009, 07:38 PM
When you spend more time and money than what a new one's notes would be. There is nothing wrong with used, if you make the right choices and find the deals, but that is the key getting the deals.

JCLawn and more
11-28-2009, 08:58 PM
I mean for that dodge truck you spent at least 30g. I could buy 15 trucks. I got a 1998 dodge 1500 only 124000 on it. Nothing wrong with it for $2000. I would not even buy the new diesels with all the crap on it. I would rather buy the Cummings 12 valve with mechanical pumps from the early 1990's.

JCLawn and more
11-28-2009, 09:02 PM
oh, not to mention I could have a 10sec 1/4 mile diesel truck for that new one.:terribletowel:

JCLawn and more
11-28-2009, 09:09 PM
check this out for your new truck with a snowplow that think it will help out with breakdowns.

this is from http://www.meyerproducts.com/TechSupport/FAQs.aspx

How do I know if my vehicle is recommended for a snow plowing application?
Only vehicles that have the vehicle manufacturer’s snow plow prep package are recommended for snow plowing. GM uses the "VYU" option code. Ford uses the "86M" option code. Dodge uses the "AHH" or "AHD" option code. Snow plowing without the original Snow Plow Preparation Package may damage your vehicle, and the added weight to the equipment may impair the operation and control of the vehicle . Snow plowing with a vehicle that the manufacturer does not recommend for that purpose may void your new vehicle warranty. If your vehicle is not originally equipped with the Snow Plow Package, additional parts may be necessary before snow plowing. Owners of these vehicles should consult their dealers before purchase or installation of such parts. CAUTION: the installation, on any vehicle, of these parts is not a full substitute for the original equipment Snow Plow Preparation Package.

punt66
11-29-2009, 07:57 AM
I mean for that dodge truck you spent at least 30g. I could buy 15 trucks. I got a 1998 dodge 1500 only 124000 on it. Nothing wrong with it for $2000. I would not even buy the new diesels with all the crap on it. I would rather buy the Cummings 12 valve with mechanical pumps from the early 1990's.

have at it. Somebody has to buy up all the junk. I have a 1990 with a meyer and insert for sale. Want to add that to your junk yard?

Hanau
11-29-2009, 08:08 AM
I wouldn't mind adding this to my junkyard.

Yes punt, I know it's old and worthless. However I kind of like it. I think it'd look awesome with my name and phone number down the side. Use it to go on estimates and such.

To each their own.

JCLawn and more
11-29-2009, 08:25 AM
sorry, my bad. I like the old truck, that's awesome

punt66
11-29-2009, 08:30 AM
I wouldn't mind adding this to my junkyard.

Yes punt, I know it's old and worthless. However I kind of like it. I think it'd look awesome with my name and phone number down the side. Use it to go on estimates and such.

To each their own.

its worthless as a work vehicle. But not a toy. :) I have plenty of those toys.

supercuts
11-29-2009, 09:14 AM
i like the old ones, ive always thought about buying a nice 70's ford and slapping a 95-02 powertrain and 7.3 powerstroke in it. beutiful old truck with modern drive, cheap on taxes, looks/works great. still 1/4 of the price of a new one. just a dream for now

TXNSLighting
11-29-2009, 02:48 PM

That truck looks better and better every time i see it.

mdlwn1
11-29-2009, 02:50 PM
You put trucks down when the down time affects your bottom line....................

TXNSLighting
11-29-2009, 02:54 PM
oh, not to mention I could have a 10sec 1/4 mile diesel truck for that new one.:terribletowel:

Very true..

TXNSLighting
11-29-2009, 02:55 PM

Theres no G in Cummins!

supercuts
11-29-2009, 03:33 PM
You put trucks down when the down time affects your bottom line....................

you also need to factor in the write off amount. if your short for deductions, think about how much more paying in taxes.

also, i really dont know why some many people think plowing beats on your truck so much. i mean really, what is goign to break? something in the drivetrain, which, with a new truck, is covered under warrantee.

also, what wears out from plowing, basically ball joints and u joints. those arent going to wear out on old trucks?

i preffer the piece of mind of newer things. doesnt have to be brand new, but a nice 10-15K truck will give you that much more faith and better resale too.

punt66
11-29-2009, 04:04 PM
That truck looks better and better every time i see it.

Yea its been great. I dont see the use of buying old. New looks good and professional. Then there is the tax write off. Then the reliability. Then their is the comfort. Plowing does not beat on your truck if you know how to plow and maintain your vehicle.

cjs.snowplowing.service
11-29-2009, 04:12 PM
I have a 1995 F250 with a 183,000. I bought it last year before winter for $3000 with a western 7.5 pro plow. I took it to my 4WD guy and he welded gussets on the front axle where they are prone to break. All in all put about $750 in parts and labor before plow season. The truck made it through winter and summer without a hitch. I put a couple hundred in plow parts into it put nothing major. Now I just put $1400 to get ready for this winter and pass inspection. It was so much cause I had to replace 3 sensors. Its ready for winter again but could use a gas tank for convience. And the oil pan has been jb welded but dont know how long it will last. I really cant afford a truck payment but cant afford $1400 in 2 weeks either but always come up with the money. Must have the 2 trucks for plowing and will need a 2nd crew this spring. What do you guys do? Sorry so long.

I am still putting the old cash & getting loans to fix my. 1991 Chevy Cheyenne V-6 4.3L 1/2 ton with 212,125 miles o-meter miles. Engine has 80,647 Transmission has 40,647. Just change fuel tank the old 1 was 7 years old top rusted out. Every 2 year changing ball joints & fixing four wheel drive.

Hanau
11-29-2009, 04:25 PM
Maybe you guys aren't plowing properly. I can break the Allison behind my D-max in two season of plowing.

If you plow properly carnage is expected. Blown transmissions, t-cases, smashed front ends, destroyed axles, massive rust, etc.

P.Services
11-29-2009, 04:26 PM
Maybe you guys aren't plowing properly. I can break the Allison behind my D-max in two season of plowing.

If you plow properly carnage is expected. Blown transmissions, t-cases, smashed front ends, destroyed axles, massive rust, etc.

sounds like you plow improperly not properly

Hanau
11-29-2009, 04:37 PM
Picasso is defeated by Bob's power of sarcasm.

supercuts
11-29-2009, 05:26 PM
i bought my 00 powerstroke superduty in 02 and ive put over 100k miles on it towing and plowing every year. the only thing ive really done due to plowing or towing is ball joints and wheel bearings. i have my tranny fluid changed ever fall for snow season. maybe you guys are trying to move giant piles using your tranny.

snowjeep
11-29-2009, 10:00 PM
The truck is all white with no visable rust. The fenders do have a fair amount of bondo but who ever did it did a decent job. The interior is clean but boring being an xl. So we are keeping it thru winter and as a part time truck in the summer. Looking to upgrade in fall for the 8-10k good used truck. Thanks for all the input guys.

JCLawn and more
11-30-2009, 08:20 PM

don't drink and plow. Its costly.:drinkup:

My dad has a 1989 2500 GMC. Never had to do anything with it. I mean nothing. The only thing is oil changes, serpentine belt, and the updated A/C. It has 258,000 on it. Its insane!

oh, its hard to depreciate the value of a truck when you only pay 1,000 or 2,000 for it. lol! its worth that in scrap

Hanau
11-30-2009, 10:20 PM
I worked my 1982 F-150 today. Staged 20 50lb bags of salt at an account in Moscow. She can still earn her keep with over 400K on the clock.

Truck has never left me standing either.

Richard Martin
12-01-2009, 05:17 AM
I worked my 1982 F-150 today. Staged 20 50lb bags of salt at an account in Moscow. She can still earn her keep with over 400K on the clock.

Come on man, that ain't working an F-150. I've had almost 2,000 in mine.

Hanau
12-01-2009, 06:55 AM
She's semi-retired. That's a good days work for her.

Richard Martin
12-01-2009, 07:18 AM
She's semi-retired. That's a good days work for her.

Well... I cheated too. I put this on my truck right after I bought it.

http://www.activesuspension.com/

JCLawn and more
12-01-2009, 05:04 PM

Truck has never left me standing either.

those are early 1980's fords are good trucks. I know a guy that has one with a the 351 Windsor in it. Can't start the thing hot, the vacuum brakes are completely gone, the cab is held on with a ratchet strap and a 4 by 6. The tachometer stop working long ago, the truck hops in first gear. 4 wheel drive works great, it runs and pulls a butt load of sap through the mud every year.

supercuts
12-01-2009, 10:40 PM
this was probably 10 years ago, and if i can scan picture id love to post it, i bought a 79' f150 that was sinking into a guys lawn for 10+ years. it hadnt moved or ran all that time. long story short, i wanted the doors off it. gave the guy $50 for it, towed it home a few miles with a chain on flat tires. dumped a bit of gas in the carb, it not only fired up but ran like a brand new truck. so perfect, i got got past the fact i didnt have a floor and that it was rotted out and i registered it. drove it all summer then one fall day i was driving down the road and the wind caught under the roof from all the rot along the windshield and the roof blew off and flopped back over the rear window, all i had was a headliner left. mmmmm i still love that truck

punt66
12-02-2009, 05:39 AM
this was probably 10 years ago, and if i can scan picture id love to post it, i bought a 79' f150 that was sinking into a guys lawn for 10+ years. It hadnt moved or ran all that time. Long story short, i wanted the doors off it. Gave the guy $50 for it, towed it home a few miles with a chain on flat tires. Dumped a bit of gas in the carb, it not only fired up but ran like a brand new truck. So perfect, i got got past the fact i didnt have a floor and that it was rotted out and i registered it. Drove it all summer then one fall day i was driving down the road and the wind caught under the roof from all the rot along the windshield and the roof blew off and flopped back over the rear window, all i had was a headliner left. Mmmmm i still love that truck

omg.......he should have paid you to take it.

topsites
12-02-2009, 01:50 PM
One math says, IF the repair bill costs more than the truck's blue book, replace it.

Of course that gets rough when you get these thousand dollar repair bills
just far enough apart where the one doesn't hit you in the face good but
then the second one and another, and ....

But what can you do, mine costs me about a grand a year in horse crap too,
yup, so it can pass inspection.
Some of it you just have to eat, like tires, nothing doing there.

Then, learn to do a lot of it yourself, that helps.

punt66
12-02-2009, 01:52 PM
I dont have any repair bills. :)

JCLawn and more
12-02-2009, 04:34 PM
neither do I

stroker51
12-03-2009, 03:29 PM
My 96 Powerstroke has 233k, still my favorite truck. It's not going out to pasture until it hits 300k at least. Throw out the 7.3 cam sensor problems, and that rig hasn't given me any real trouble. Had to rebuild the front end this year, no big surprise. Average over the life I've had that truck, since early 05 with 149k, I spend right around $1000 a year or so on it, not counting tires, filters, oil, normal stuff. Thats what, 1.5 or two payments on a new one from what i found when I looked at em over the summer?

punt66
12-03-2009, 06:58 PM
My 96 Powerstroke has 233k, still my favorite truck. It's not going out to pasture until it hits 300k at least. Throw out the 7.3 cam sensor problems, and that rig hasn't given me any real trouble. Had to rebuild the front end this year, no big surprise. Average over the life I've had that truck, since early 05 with 149k, I spend right around $1000 a year or so on it, not counting tires, filters, oil, normal stuff. Thats what, 1.5 or two payments on a new one from what i found when I looked at em over the summer?
how long have you owned it and what did you pay for it?

stroker51
12-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Bought it in February 05, traded my 84 F250 and 7k for it then. It's been paid for since Oct 06.

punt66
12-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Bought it in February 05, traded my 84 F250 and 7k for it then. It's been paid for since Oct 06.

so the purchase price was? how many miles on it when purchased?

stroker51
12-03-2009, 07:25 PM
Oh my old 250 was only worth like 1500, so prolly 8500 to 9. High 140's if I remember right. I see what you are getting at I think, and to answer on the math, even with the work I have done to it, I've got wayyy less than a new 250 diesel would cost me. Would I like to have a new one? Sure not sayin that. Just gotta make sure and stay on top of things before they break...and since we run diesels, I would much rather keep up with the 7.3 Fords and 5.9 Dodge trucks than try buy a new emissions diesel, and be forced to trade when warranty is up since they are pretty much gonna have to go to the dealer when something screws up. Just my opinion.

JCLawn and more
12-03-2009, 09:10 PM
unless we take all that crap off. I don't live in a state where we have to get emission tested. I hope we will never have to have it done.

topsites
12-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Perhaps some of you are under the mistaken assumption that brand new vehicles never break down,
but that's exactly what the break-in period is for, to crap out the stuff that IS going to break so that once
you're through breaking things in the first 50 to 80 thousand miles HOPEFULLY the thing is done acting stupid.
After that, it's ready to be driven.

My '95 hasn't left me sitting down the side of the road once in the past 3 years either, and that's how long I've had it.
Before that I had an '86 D-250, one time in four years I had to get a tow, wow, big deal.
Tell me after 7 years never a break down in a brand new truck and I'll call you either very lucky, or a liar.

And so it's under warranty, who cares, when something goes you HAVE to take it to the dealer,
no choice in the matter and if they're busy you can wait 3 DAYS before you get it back and if they
give you a loaner it's because they must really like you (or more accurately, your wallet).

My monthly payments?
$0, since day one, I haven't had a car payment in dang near 20 years.

My insurance is a whole lot cheaper, too, don't need comprehensive or collision, don't have it.
Same goes for the property tax, $25 a year on a fully depreciated vehicle.

punt66
12-05-2009, 12:03 PM
Perhaps some of you are under the mistaken assumption that brand new vehicles never break down,
but that's exactly what the break-in period is for, to crap out the stuff that IS going to break so that once
you're through breaking things in the first 50 to 80 thousand miles HOPEFULLY the thing is done acting stupid.
After that, it's ready to be driven.

My '95 hasn't left me sitting down the side of the road once in the past 3 years either, and that's how long I've had it.
Before that I had an '86 D-250, one time in four years I had to get a tow, wow, big deal.
Tell me after 7 years never a break down in a brand new truck and I'll call you either very lucky, or a liar.

And so it's under warranty, who cares, when something goes you HAVE to take it to the dealer,
no choice in the matter and if they're busy you can wait 3 DAYS before you get it back and if they
give you a loaner it's because they must really like you (or more accurately, your wallet).

My monthly payments?
$0, since day one, I haven't had a car payment in dang near 20 years.

My insurance is a whole lot cheaper, too, don't need comprehensive or collision, don't have it.
Same goes for the property tax, $25 a year on a fully depreciated vehicle.

yea well i have seen your work and 15k + posts later it doesnt suprise me a bit. Just like you change your blades everytime you put fuel in a mower right? Its good you like junk, i need people to buy my worn out trucks that I fully depreciated.

XLS
12-05-2009, 12:10 PM
we dont buy a service truck ever new it is far cheaper to keep them moving and making money
then reinvesting on someone elses troubles
heck even our estimate cars and trucks would get sold by most of you guys standards with in a year of buying them new lol our rangers were bought new in 2008 and they all have 150 k plus went to focus this spring and we have i guess70 k on them this year alone .
i see it like this buy a cheap used truck and replace things as needed to keep them maintained
we have trucks that are 78- 80 models that work day in and day out no questions
yet i have no plans ever of buying a brnd new truck to need full coverage on due to scratching and dinging them

my thoughts .

XLS
12-05-2009, 12:12 PM
fixing to buy anoter $1900 truck 2005 model and we figure it will go all of2010 and into 2011 before an engine is needed 108k now. looks brand new it was only used on the interstate