PDA

View Full Version : I need suggestions

Green Industry Pro
11-27-2009, 10:17 PM
Im also buying equipment for my start up rig.I made a thread about blowers but I need help with other stuff too.21",36",ztrs,line and hedge trimmers etc...

I already have a snapper 21" walk w/kaw fj180v disc drive,shindaiwa t242x, and our old equipment used for our single residential property-craftsman 21" walk and troy-bilt tb4bp backpack blower, both of which are thoroughly used.And ive used an echo srm-225 cause my grandpa has one.

THANKS VERY MUCH:usflag:

ALC-GregH
11-27-2009, 11:52 PM
Start up rig? Your handle should be "Green Industry Beginner". :D

dgw
11-28-2009, 12:36 PM
spend a couple days reading through this site and you will learn all you need to know

search function works well

what you dont find come back and ask , be more specific (types of property you want to service , budget , things of that nature)

Green Industry Pro
11-28-2009, 02:04 PM
Look I am new to commercial lawn and landscape maintenance.I am however not new to landscaping.I have landscaped multiple homes from properties that my parents have owned to my grandparents houses as well.I have also landscaped several friends and neighbors homes.I have also maintained residential propertis for our friends and neighbors.So I am new to mass commercial maintenance(all day every day work)but im not new to the concept.

THNX:usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Green Industry Pro
11-28-2009, 02:13 PM
Im starting out small,only doing maintenance.Once my company is established, I will start doing landscape sevices and hardscapes.I enjoy being outside,helping other people,and doing L&L work(making money doesnt hurt either)LOL.Anyways Im only 16 to tell the truth and instead of working at a fast food joint or something,Im maintaining lawns trying to save money in the bank.Ill admit im a noob for commercial lawn business but im finding my way.I want this to be my carreer.

P.S. im making another post with more info. THANKS FOR THE HELP:usflag:

green grass lawn care
11-28-2009, 02:25 PM
here let me search (http://www.lawnsite.com/search.php?searchid=4429920) that for you. your welcome. vince:rolleyes:

Green Industry Pro
11-28-2009, 03:10 PM
I intend to maintain small to medium residential properties.I live in east texas so there are a lot of trees to drop tons and tons of leaves mainly during the fall(we have 15 in our yard-1/2 acre lot).I dont have too much money to spend so I work a lil and spend a lil.Im trying to spend money fairly quickly buying stuff so I can have a full commercial rig.Once I have that Ill start to save more and spend less.I want mid of the road equipment-ill use gear drive walks rather han hydros,that kinda thing.I need two backpacks and i dont want them so heavy like shindy eb8520 and redmax ebz8001.Right now I dont have enough money o spend on a 5000$ plus ztr so Im more focused on 36" walks and 21" wlks.Ive had experience with shindaiwa and echo line trimmers and Im satisfied.(t242x/srm265). I want a mid to upper class performance blower so I can use it year round and it have enough blow for fall cleanup.Im Looking at STIHL BR600,SHINDAIWA EB802,& REDMAX EBZ7100(dealer support is not a factor-all are awesome).I have TORO,SCAG SNAPPER,ARIENS,HONDA,EXMARK,LAWNBOY,WRIGHT,GREAT DANE,and JOHN DEERE dealers that I like. I interested to hear your feedback,and if you need more info plz let me know.

Stillwater
11-28-2009, 03:17 PM
Im also buying equipment for my start up rig.I made a thread about blowers but I need help with other stuff too.21",36",ztrs,line and hedge trimmers etc...

I already have a snapper 21" walk w/kaw fj180v disc drive,shindaiwa t242x, and our old equipment used for our single residential property-craftsman 21" walk and troy-bilt tb4bp backpack blower, both of which are thoroughly used.And ive used an echo srm-225 cause my grandpa has one.

THANKS VERY MUCH:usflag:

Hey don't they make MRE's in tyler texas?

Green Industry Pro
11-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Hope this doesnt make me look dumb cause im not,but what is and MRE?

integrityman
11-28-2009, 03:49 PM
M.R.E.= Meal Ready to Eat.

Look closely at the Free classified section on this forum. Lots of good stuff their for start up guys.

(I do have a very good condition Quick 36 that I'm trying to sell:):):))

MikeKle
11-28-2009, 03:52 PM
Thats great you want to start a company instead of working at some crappy fast food joint, but you should spend some time using the search function on here, as everything you are asking has been discussed hundreds of times on here already. There are good and not so good mowers, trimmers, etc, but it really boils down to your preference and local dealers, and how much you have to spend. I started out with financing a exmark metro gear drive and a cheap echo trimmer and handheld blower. Once you try the search function, you will see all the other "newbies" that have asked these very same things.

Kutz Lawns
11-28-2009, 04:59 PM
Also go back to the main page on here and there is a section called "Starting A Lawn Care & Landscaping Business" and I linked it for you here.

http://www.lawnsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58

Tons & tons of great information in this section & should keep you busy for weeks!

It's not just a simple question to ask either because you'll get so many different answers that it's not funny. Just take the information and use it to learn from others mistakes & you'll be fine!

Good Luck To You!

Stillwater
11-28-2009, 05:50 PM
Hope this doesnt make me look dumb cause im not,but what is and MRE?

Military Food..........

NEWGUYRI
11-28-2009, 05:55 PM
for a 36" toro makes a great mower, so does exmark, scag, and Encore. For handhelds I would recommend Stihl, or RedMax. I have experience with both and they are second to none!

Green Industry Pro
11-28-2009, 09:05 PM
What do you want with military food?

Green Industry Pro
11-28-2009, 09:08 PM
Military Food..........

My bro says k rations are not good. LOLZ

Green Industry Pro
11-28-2009, 09:35 PM
My bro says k rations are not good. LOLZ

My bro also says ww2 food was better. XD:clapping:

Green Industry Pro
12-04-2009, 12:20 PM
Thanks.I am now using the search feature a lot , but if I have a certain question Ill make a thread.If anyone else would like to post on this thread about this topic,fell free to.Im wanting as much info as I can get because I dont want to waste thousands of dollars.

Sincerely,Zachary Porowski-POROWSKI LAWN AND LANDSCAPE
:usflag:w/Gods help Ill be a business owner sometime LOLZ

unkownfl
12-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Your s/n is ironic. First thing I would do is remove your name of your business. If anyone uses google they will pull you up here.