PDA

View Full Version : mower help

Trevor8
11-28-2009, 11:55 AM
should i get my mower serviced before or after winter. should i put a stabalizer in the fuel or drain it? What do you do?:confused:*newusflag**newusflag**newusflag**newcanadaflag*

Hoy landscaping
11-28-2009, 07:51 PM
either run it out of gas or fill it all the way up. get it serviced in the winter. but make sure you put stay-bill or something like that.

TurnGreen1
11-29-2009, 02:11 AM
The down time(winter) is the best time to get your unit back to prisitne condition.Although you have good entry level questions. Since you are not familiar with what to do with winterizing. If I were you, I would get a repair manual and do a little polish reading. This will help you become familiar with you motor,deck,and electrical. So when you are in the field you have a much higher diagnose rate. Which in return will save you tons time and money.

topsites
11-29-2009, 03:47 AM
Ask your dealer this question as well.

Also, coating the blades lightly with some kind of oil will keep them from rusting noticeably while it sits.

andyslawncare
11-29-2009, 06:52 AM
Most of us run our mowing equipment year round here, but I do recognize that you are far north of GA. Gasoline is only good for 30-60 days (depending on how fresh it is from refinery when it reaches your gas station), according to my dealer. If you are not planning on using the fuel in the machine within the next 30 days, I would add a fuel stabilizer to it other than running it our of fuel, and run your machines at least once per month as a check up procedure and to check up periodically on your machines' performance ability. Also, you may have a harder time starting a small engine after it hasn't ran for 4-5 months, and my encounter problems with it with out regular check-ups...But if you choose this option, I would suggest running the machine out of fuel, just remember that it will be harder to start and may need service (especially in 2 cycle engines) after running out of fuel for winter storage.