PDA

View Full Version : High quality 120v fixtures

bellaireroad
11-29-2009, 03:30 AM
Who makes the best quality in your opinion, especially spots.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
11-29-2009, 05:44 PM
Sorry but your question lacks enough detail to begin to answer it. What type of fixtures are you seeking? There are literally hundreds of quality manufacturers out there.

bellaireroad
12-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Thanks, I'll give some background. First off, I am not a pro. My system consists of 10 uplights on 120v system, controlled by lutron homeworks relay. The system has been in place for about 5 years. When it was installed, the brand of fixture was R*B (not sure if specifying names is ok). The fixtures use a Halogen Light Bulb with GY6.35 Bi Pin Base. They are located in flower beds across the front of the house where they are exposed to sprinklers several times a week during the growing season. They are used to wash the walls.

I have not had much luck with the R*B fixtures. They have been replaced once. The glass has cracked (in a mosaic pattern) on several of them, and has fogged on several others. The fixture has a ring which is unscrewed to change the bulb, the O RING sometimes becomes unseated when the ring is hand tightend. This seems to be a bad design. The finish is apparently powder coated, but becomes faded after 6 months.

So I would like to put something in more durable. I don't mind spending more for a quality product. Maybe an LED, not sure how durable these are.

Any advice appreciated

Eden Lights
12-06-2009, 09:16 AM
Kim Kim Kim

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
12-06-2009, 11:37 PM
KIM Lighting is going to be one of your top picks for sure, just be ready for a significant price difference between then and the RAB products you have now.

That said, there are others that make excellent 120V fixtures too. Lumiere, BK, and Vision3 to name just a few.

If you want to spend less money and still find decent quality fixtures, look to Vista.

sprinklerchris
12-11-2009, 03:50 PM
If you want to spend less money and still find decent quality fixtures, look to Vista.

Agreed. The Vista offering is high-quality and reasonably priced.