PDA

View Full Version : What to Choose?

NEWGUYRI
11-29-2009, 07:11 PM
Do you recommend buying a 21hp diesel walker or a 26hp kohler efi or 31hp kohler efi w/liquid cooling? Pretend money is not an issue.

mowerbrad
11-29-2009, 07:20 PM
I don't know much about walkers but I would get the diesel. If you want the engine to last as long as possible, the diesel will be the way to go. You'll really have to decide what will be the best for you. With the diesel, you will have the higher initial cost but also will have an engine that is rather fuel efficient compared to gas engines.

gene gls
11-29-2009, 09:00 PM
I had a 1997 Walker diesel, would not recomend getting one. The engin RPM's are only 3200 verses 3600 RPM's for gas engin. Doesn't sound like much differance but there is a big differance when it comes to spinning mower blades or my Buffalo Turbin blower. My Kohler 20 HP would run my 62" deck better than the diesel. I would recomend the 26 HP EFI. My buddy has one and it has been a very good engin for him.

topsites
11-29-2009, 09:30 PM
21hp diesel walker, that's what I put it on before I flipped the coin,
I told myself if it landed heads up it's the 21hp diesel walker and if it landed
showing tails it's the 26hp kohler efi or 31hp kohler efi w/liquid cooling.
Well, it landed heads up.

93Chevy
11-29-2009, 09:36 PM
If I ran gas trucks, I'd get the liquid cooled gas.

If I ran diesel trucks, I get the diesel. I'd rather have 1 type of fuel to deal with.

Yater
11-29-2009, 10:09 PM
I'd get the diesel just because I like the sound....money is not an issue, right?

B Gillespie
11-29-2009, 10:13 PM
Efi. Lightest weight, no liquid cooling parts to fail, and more power than the diesel. Additional weight of diesel models cause more drivetrain issues.
Posted via Mobile Device

eatonpcat
11-30-2009, 07:17 AM
Efi. Lightest weight, no liquid cooling parts to fail, and more power than the diesel. Additional weight of diesel models cause more drivetrain issues.
Posted via Mobile Device

And then the fight started....:laugh:

B Gillespie
11-30-2009, 07:39 AM
I have no experience with diesel model drivetrain issues. The owner of a Walker distributor gave me that information. With a diesel, you would not have to worry about engine repairs, but would have increased chance of a hydro or radiator problem in a high hour machine...what would you rather work on? If the diesel did not affect the handling of the machine as much, I would have purchased one as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

ADVANCEDOHIO
11-30-2009, 10:33 AM
If all the other mowers are "gas", and my trucks were "gas"..... I'd go "gas". I just think its alot easier when re-fueling, and ya only have to carry two types of cans instead of three.... "Gas" and "Mix".