PDA

View Full Version : Will This Help

bike5200
11-29-2009, 08:56 PM
I bought a used lift, Bil-Jax 36X. I use this for my exterior Home Maintenance work which slows up in the winter and if it is real cold it stops. This lift weights 4600lbs, can haul it on my trailer, has a 40 foot working height, has a Diesel engine with a generator so it is self contained if need be, the generator can charge the batteries if needed. Does any one use a lift like this to install lights?
Would this be a good tool to install lights? Here are some pics. I would like to put this equipment to work.

David Gretzmier
11-29-2009, 10:47 PM
the ideal lift for this business can drive to and park in the driveway and extend out and reach everything. the lift you have is great if you can get in and drive on the yard, but most places I do would never let me do that.

but I think there are plastic traction mats you can buy that spread the load of the tires and prevent tracks/ruts. with those, you could knock out houses pretty quick.

addictedtolandscaping
11-30-2009, 06:13 AM
We have had lifts on a couple jobs this year, as a latter of fact, I have a 60' on the one we start today. I generally go with the battery operated tow behind myself. I would look at what the lifting capacity is and then why not. As Dave said houses could be tricky, but commercial you would fly.

TPnTX
12-01-2009, 09:47 AM
I have a lot of experience using those type lifts except usually tow behind.

First of all that is a very nice lift.

I would think it would only be useful in certain circumstaces. A 36/32 is a lot of lift but you still have to manuver it around on the property. It's not like you can park it in the driveway get all around the house. Think about the season too it's usually pretty wet. I guess you could get some 1" plywood but still....

I don't think it lends itself lights on you average job.

How much did you get that lift for?

Ive made a lot of money with those trimming trees.