PDA

View Full Version : Pricing on maint. accts.

blakerugg
11-30-2009, 01:19 AM
This year i mostly did work for family and friends and neighbors, so i just charged whatever i thought was decent, but now this coming year im really getting into the game, and need some advice

For Maintenance (mow, trim, blow, edge if applicable)...by the hour or flat rate? i like the idea of by the hour but wouldn't it screw me on some of the smaller jobs? i dont know lol someone throw some advice to get me thinkin.

Mulch im thinking by the hour and same with cleanups, right??
*trucewhiteflag* :rolleyes:

thanks in advance.

Allens LawnCare
11-30-2009, 09:06 AM
This year i mostly did work for family and friends and neighbors, so i just charged whatever i thought was decent, but now this coming year im really getting into the game, and need some advice

For Maintenance (mow, trim, blow, edge if applicable)...by the hour or flat rate? i like the idea of by the hour but wouldn't it screw me on some of the smaller jobs? i dont know lol someone throw some advice to get me thinkin.

Mulch im thinking by the hour and same with cleanups, right??
*trucewhiteflag* :rolleyes:

thanks in advance.

Mowing Maintenance: Start with a minimum so you don't screw yourself, a small 20 minute job still consist of Drive to and from, fuel and your time. I had a $25 min but have since gone up to $30 (mainly the small 20 min Mow, Blow and Trim.) I offer a prepayment deal and apply 2 free cuts applied at the end of the season (Depending on your equipment I'm cutting during my fall cleanups anyways)
Spring/Fall Cleanups depends on your equipment. I price per job, hourly works good when your using a blower and tarp but to make the same amount of money with bigger equipment most people don't like to hear $70-$75 per hour.
Mulch: Shoot for $65-$75 per yard. Depends on what your paying per yard. Not hourly
Any questions feel free to ask

blakerugg
11-30-2009, 01:04 PM
Mowing Maintenance: Start with a minimum so you don't screw yourself, a small 20 minute job still consist of Drive to and from, fuel and your time. I had a $25 min but have since gone up to $30 (mainly the small 20 min Mow, Blow and Trim.) I offer a prepayment deal and apply 2 free cuts applied at the end of the season (Depending on your equipment I'm cutting during my fall cleanups anyways)
Spring/Fall Cleanups depends on your equipment. I price per job, hourly works good when your using a blower and tarp but to make the same amount of money with bigger equipment most people don't like to hear $70-$75 per hour.
Mulch: Shoot for $65-$75 per yard. Depends on what your paying per yard. Not hourly
Any questions feel free to ask

well first off theres two of us on most jobs. so for mowing/weekly crap if its like 25/hour each then around 50/hour? im not sure about this lol

for the cleanups we run backpacks and a cyclone rake on a 54" jd. barely even touch rakes unless we need to.

mulch i BELIEVE i can get for 25/30 per yard.

Lawn Shark prop mgmt LLC
11-30-2009, 01:32 PM
Thanks Allen's for you answer. It's refreshing to see someone post an answer to a question without the sarcasm, and smart ass attitude.

Allens LawnCare
11-30-2009, 04:21 PM
well first off theres two of us on most jobs. so for mowing/weekly crap if its like 25/hour each then around 50/hour? im not sure about this lol

for the cleanups we run backpacks and a cyclone rake on a 54" jd. barely even touch rakes unless we need to.

mulch i BELIEVE i can get for 25/30 per yard.

Not sure if your mowing statement is sarcasim but I wouldn't charge mowing by the hour. That's why I have a minimum, a 15-20 min job (Mow and Go) pays out at $30, weather there is one or two of you, Example: if you knock it down to a 15 min mow and go, thats $30....$15 each......if you set your rate at $50 an hour that would equal out to $12.50....$6.25 each.
So I guess you can be sure about your method and the LOL

blakerugg
11-30-2009, 05:29 PM
Not sure if your mowing statement is sarcasim but I wouldn't charge mowing by the hour. That's why I have a minimum, a 15-20 min job (Mow and Go) pays out at $30, weather there is one or two of you, Example: if you knock it down to a 15 min mow and go, thats $30....$15 each......if you set your rate at $50 an hour that would equal out to $12.50....$6.25 each.
So I guess you can be sure about your method and the LOL

haha yes it was a joke..and thanks, what do u think about the leaves?

Allens LawnCare
11-30-2009, 06:07 PM
Set up two prices, onsite and offsite removal. I charge by the job so without seeing can't really price it out. I work by myself and shoot for $55/hr onsite and $70 hr offsite but the hourly is for me only, the customer gets a total estimate.

blakerugg
11-30-2009, 08:35 PM
alright, thanks for all the help, i appreciate it.

stevenf
12-02-2009, 07:48 PM
I have read this same question and I have ask it myself a million times.
The easiest way I found to price lawns at first was to find out what I could get away with. When I was closing 50%+ of my estimates and still cleared a big profit, it ended up being about $60.00 an hour.
Most people say to use the $60.00 per hour but cost of living is different in each state. Mine just happened to level out right at $60.00 an hour.

That $60.00 per hour was based on a solo guy with a 36" WB. Now that I have way more efficient equipment, I still get away with the same price even though I can complete a yard in a lot less time.

socty
01-22-2010, 04:14 PM
I was just talking to an established, well-respected contractor in Rhode Island who tells me he won't drop the gate for less than $50. Minimum. That should give you some clue as to where you stand on your prices. I thought I was in the mid to high range, but he made me realize I may be way too cheap. Granted, he has lot's of other sources of revenue, but he has gotten "yes's" to those prices.:clapping: