PDA

View Full Version : What would you price this job for?

TurnGreen1
11-30-2009, 06:50 PM
Ok so I finished up at a local church doing their windows.I recently got the contract for cleaning the windows and landscaping at the church. windows is 1500 and landscaping 900/month. So today they ask me if I can install a boarder around the front and side of a building. Per their architech the dimensions need to be 230ft long by 3ft wide and 6 inches deep with gravel. The trick of the job is there is no access for a dingo or cat. Too many obstcals in the way to maneuver around. Looks like a tiller and shovels.:hammerhead: Just out of curiousity what would you charge and how long do you think your best two guys can do it in? Since I have the accounts I wanted to give them a deal. I told them 1500 and can do it in a full day. So what would your numbers be?

Scagguy
11-30-2009, 08:33 PM
Are you using any steel or other edging around the borders? Inside and outside or outside only? Crushed granite, pea gravel, river rock or something else? It would help to know these things.

TurnGreen1
11-30-2009, 08:39 PM
I am using river rock, the plans call for landscaping cloth and no edging. I thought about using steel for a border as well. But they do not want anything for a border except mulch.

Scagguy
11-30-2009, 09:11 PM
Native river rock cost me $35 per yd X 13 yds. Weed cloth and staples about $100. So, I would have $555 in hard cost plus delivery fees and labor, windshield time, tiller and truck wear and tear, fuel, etc. Let's not forget payroll tax and fixed overhead. For sake of arguement let's say 2 guys can do the job in 8 hours. Assuming $12 per hour per man your labor cost is $192.00. Bottom line, your net gross will work out to approx $600 before self employment tax. Personally, I would have bid it at $1800. Your market may or may not support that.

TurnGreen1
11-30-2009, 09:42 PM
Good feedback. I originally wanted to quote 2k. But since I just had a 1200 cake window job and now doing a yearly landscaping contract along with a yearly window contract. I figured I could cut them a break. I like the "windshield time" I have no heard it put that way before. I appreciate the feedback.