PDA

View Full Version : REDI-ROCK Segemental Block Units

CSS123
11-30-2009, 08:44 PM
Hello everyone,

I have a 4,400 sq ft wall I will be bidding on and for once I believe that this is an application where it will not be cost-effective in any way, shape or form to use the normal versa-lok product or any other 1 sq ft block for that matter.

The wall is roughly 14 ft high (above grade) for most of the length and this will be built into the side of an existing hill. Excavation costs to build this wall out of small blocks due the the amount and depth of grid the engineers are calling for is going to be astronomical. Nevermind the freight to bring a large percentage of that dirt back on-site to use it for the grid-stabilzation soils for behind the wall as we build it. (because there is no whwre to store it on site)

My question is have any of you guys installed these REDI-ROCK large segemental wall blocks and how easy was the process of building the wall out of these and so on. How high did you go without using grid? I know it says 15 ft on their website but they' re also marketing their own product. Any specific pros or cons about the product? I think this product could go very well for the application that this wall brings to the table. I will already have a large excavator on site for the excavation so I beleive it will lift the upper course blocks which dont even weigh a ton, but I could be wrong. Thanks for any input guys.

Tyler

LilesLawn
11-30-2009, 08:50 PM
I have installed several. What type of soil conditions are you dealing with?

CSS123
11-30-2009, 09:17 PM
Virginia Clay, nothing to crazy though. Let me know what you think, also how much do they run per bloc or per sq. ft.? Thanks

threeleafllc
11-30-2009, 09:36 PM
we build redi rock all the time. some big some small.
it is by far the easiest wall you will ever build ,goes together very well as long as the base is perfect.perfect is the name of the game with this system if your base isnt perfect it will make for a super long day..They are super heavy for there size and the quility is second to none.we run a 3 guy crew when preping and setting. 1 in the excavator a 2 on the ground.goes very fast.. im very good freinds with the guys from redi rock up here maybe they can get you in conact with someone down your way..pm me
Allen

CSS123
11-30-2009, 10:08 PM
Allen--

Could you please pm me? I can't seem to find how to pm you directly.

Tyler

Reconwalls
12-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Guys, you should also check out ReCon Wall Systems. We are RR's biggest competitor. Give us a call 952-922-0027. Our tallest wall to-date is 23' with out using geo-grid.

threeleafllc
12-02-2009, 09:04 PM
Guys, you should also check out ReCon Wall Systems. We are RR's biggest competitor. Give us a call 952-922-0027. Our tallest wall to-date is 23' with out using geo-grid.

Is there a web site with any specs i could check out...? do you guys do the eng. on the walls if we give you specs..? Is there a location in lower new england were we can purchase..?
We are bidding a wall in hartford that i would like to maybe price with you guys.
Allen

Reconwalls
12-03-2009, 08:19 AM
Call the main office 952-922-0027. Ask for Matt. He deals with that area of the US. We use independent engineers. These engineers only do walls nothing else. If you have a site that is tough. They come up with great designs that will allow you to do the project. Matt can answer all your questions.

threeleafllc
12-03-2009, 08:16 PM
thank you reconwalls very helpfull im ganna give you guys a shot at this one.
there is a dealer about 30min from me
thanks again
Allen

csl
12-03-2009, 08:32 PM
i have never used the product, mostly because the supplier is also an installer, so that doesnt sit well with me. but anyway... just out of curiosity... what are you guys getting for an average square foot install. i understand the variables of installs, but what is an average price?

Reconwalls
12-05-2009, 08:06 AM
Tyler,

your PM does not work for some reason. Tyler you have a PM from me. Tyler we have a producer that may handle your area in Virginia give us a call.

Randy Nelson

S&S Outdoor Services
12-28-2009, 02:48 AM
Hey just out of curiosity, what is the estimated price for this project? We haven't gotten into walls anywhere near that big but we will someday.

Reconwalls
12-28-2009, 11:58 AM
Every project is different. We have licensee's across the nation. If you have questions about our product. Contact us 952-922-0027