PDA

View Full Version : Sick of targeting the wrong people!

umpire
11-30-2009, 11:08 PM
I have been doing this for 3 yrs and I have come to the realization the only way to build a company is using commercial products and targeting the folks with a big income. I am still using big box lights and have actually scored 2 jobs for 1200 each which actually was a surprise. I know though if I had top of the line products the people that I installed would have been willing to spend more. I have people calling from craigslist that are just beside themselves when I quote them even 550.00 for a nice size house. I think I am going to join Holiday Bright lights or one of the others for next year. I can continue to make a few bucks in December if I choose to go the way I am going or I can make this a successful business in the long term. Let me know who I should go with! Thanks

addictedtolandscaping
12-01-2009, 06:44 AM
The best advice I can give is to research all the companies. That is exactly what I did, read the threads on here, asked the guys and then spoke wit the companies. I personally aligned with Holiday Bright Lights and can honestly say that I do not regret it. You get treated as a team mate so to speak. I have had Mike call me and verify orders at 930 pm my time, call just to check on how I am doing, and he actually caught a order that I placed for an install this week where the customer wanted a 4.5 foot tree, and Mike called and asked what the presentation was. Suggested I contact her and verify it and tell her the difference between the two and saved my but. I have called him a few times to verify how many strands I could safely run together etc, I say I am bugging him, but he does not take offense. I truly love the product, don't get me wrong, there are other manufacturers I have accounts with as well, because you have to be able to get material regardless, but as I tell the customers I prefer the Holiday Bright Lights line, to the point that it is all you will find at my house.

TLS2005
12-03-2009, 03:28 AM
Any info on these "seminars"? Im interested in looking into light installs for next year.
Posted via Mobile Device

onebreezer
12-06-2009, 06:14 PM
I also am a brand new Holiday Bright Lights distributer. The products are remarkable. And the support is perfect.

HBL Sales Manager
12-07-2009, 11:09 AM
HBL Training Seminars will resume in May of 2010, I will also have webinars starting in February...will work on a twice a month timeframe.

We understand everyone can just come to Omaha, our 2010 training will be a one day training with manidatory webinar attendance.

Give me a call for any questions, (866) 932-9363

Thanks,

Mike Marlow
VP of Member Development
Holiday Bright Lights

newmanfan
12-09-2009, 07:14 PM
I have had a terrible experience with Holiday Bright Lights. I attended the training, purchased clothing, signed up for the marketing, etc. We were charged up front for the clothing, and it shipped approx 6 weeks later. We ordered truck magnets, were told several times they were shipped, and finally showed up in November after ordering them in September. Our post cards had the wrong website address on them. We were not allowed the opportunity to proof them. When we placed our very first order with them, the only material that was shipped were the cords, timers, and hardware. Members are promised 24 hour turn around on shipping. As a result, we lost our first sale, because when contacting HBL, they couldn't't tell me when the product would ship, and we ordered the new high end LED lights. The owner Scott will not return my phone calls. We were charged up front, for everything on the entire order, including shipping. After returning what was shipped, and being told by Mike, the VP that we would receive a credit, nothing has happened. That was almost three weeks ago now. It has been a total fiasco, and could have easily been resolved by just returning my phone calls. To their credit, they have refunded my membership, but the amount we spent in product, that wasn't't shipped, and advertising far exceeded our membership investment.

HBL Sales Manager
12-09-2009, 08:55 PM
I admit there were a couple issues with your membership this year, we tried working them out with you. But, you didn't want to listen to them. It's not how the system was suppose to work, we are going to make everything right with your account.

As for your account, I will check with Liz on your credit. As you know we are in our busiest time of the year. We already credited back your membership already and will work you on the rest.

It's shows alot of class by you on your post. I wish you luck in the future, we are a good company to work with and yes we aren't above any faults.

Thanks,

MIKE MARLOW

addictedtolandscaping
12-10-2009, 06:46 AM
I went with HBL this year, and do not regret it for one minute. I deal with Mike primarily, and that man is right there each and every time I call in, some times a couple times a day. I have had fantastic luck all the way around, couple bumps here and there, but nothing as mentioned above, I was really shocked when I saw it.

I know that HBL went through some big changes this year, new building etc right before the season. I had orders coming in regularly. There were items that would ship separately than when ordered, very rare for me with the product I was bringing in, but it did occur a couple times, I got everything I ordered. Fed Ex did screw up a delivery, I paid for residential delivery and drop gate service, ended up having to go to the terminal to pick it up. I called in, talked to Mike and Scott, sent them an email with the tracking number, Mike gave the info to Liz, and all was handled.

I am really sorry to hear that you experienced such a difficult time. I feel very confident in saying that it is without question not the way my experience has been. Mike even helped me track down product I needed when they were out from other venders.

I wen with a significant graphics package for my trucks, ran into some bumps started to get really worked up and then all of a sudden after I mentioned it to Mike, it smoothed right out. They came out fantastic, same experience with my lawn signs. I didn;t see the post cards either, my house also isn't in the range Mike helped me workout on the direct mail, I couldn't afford the full 9000 mailings so he helped me customize one that I could afford. I could go on and on, my expereince has been second to none, I wish I had found the info on them years ago, I do not regret it for a moment. I even had an issue with my software, and Mike sent me a link to the updated version, helped me get the pics of houses resized so they would work.

As you see I could go on and on. I am really sorry to hear that you had a bad experience, as you can see mine has been no where even close to the same universe as yours. I would not hesitate to do it again.

I was so pleased and thankful for my experience, I wrote an article for January;s Holiday Herald.