PDA

View Full Version : Are the Toro Grandstand kinks all fixed??

fox526
12-01-2009, 01:14 PM
Wanted to see everyone's thoughts on whether it is to early to buy a grandstand yet? I heard about throttle, braking, and hardware issues (all relatively minor) and wondered if anyone has had better luck with a more recent purchase??

Plus who should I contact to confirm if the serial # of the mower I want is an early or later production run?

Greenboy24
12-01-2009, 04:25 PM
I have had zero problems in the 3+ months that we have had ours. I specifically asked about all those problems and my dealer showed me how they fixed them...

I def recommend it thus far

sjessen
12-01-2009, 10:21 PM
Before purchasing one I'd want to be sure the unit had all of the upgrades.

brucec32
12-01-2009, 11:44 PM
Is there a list of the upgrades to look for/ask about?

jbell36
12-02-2009, 01:02 AM
the last time I checked it was 34 upgrades to ask your dealer for...I know it sounds bad but they are very small things like checking hardware with a torque wrench for the correct numbers...there are other things like an extra vent for the gas tank for adequate ventilation among others...even with these "problems" I still love the grandstand, it's a good choice you won't regret anything

lotsagrass
12-02-2009, 06:33 AM
Plus who should I contact to confirm if the serial # of the mower I want is an early or later production run?

If you waited and got the eXmark version, I know for sure you can call the support number and they will tell you the build date of the machine. I imagine Toro could do the same thing.