spraying. i cleaned the nozzles and the
samething.contacted perm a green thay
said it was the pump.changed the pump
same thing ...any of you guys had
problems like this?
anthony:angry:

Pacific Nursery
05-18-2002, 10:30 PM
At the beginning of this year I had a similar prob.
Can you take off all the nozzels from the defective sprayer and will it pump out liquid? If so change nozzels from a working sprayer to see if it works properly now. One of my nozzels clogged up even though I could blow through it. I just changed nozzels and now it works fine.
Hope this helps.

ant
05-19-2002, 06:34 AM
greg:thanks for your reply... both nozzles work,but not at the same time.with both of them on one sprays fine and one just drips out.if i valve one off then the one that drips will spray fine.and vice-versa.

it seems like the pump is not pumping to capacity,but it is a new pump and the old one did the same.
anthony
:cry:

tremor
05-19-2002, 07:23 AM
Ant,

I will ask around Monday. We sell these things & some of our service guys are pretty sharp.

For now, I'd put my money on a pinched or collapsing hose. Try following all the lines from the tank to the pump & especially the pump to the nozzle bodies. A partly closed line that feeds the slow nozzle might be opened by the incoming pressure only when the opposing nozzle is shut off. Look for things like hard angles & constricting wire ties. As hoses age, they may begin to constrict in areas that were marginally acceptable when the unit was new.

If that fails, pull the hose that feeds the suspect nozzle. Clean it in warm soapy water. Then look through it in good light. Is it starting to degrade?

Steve

tremor
05-19-2002, 07:27 AM
Ant,

Do the same thing on the tank to pump line. Check all the strainers too. Usually when new pumps act old, it's a partial blockage on the intake side. If one line is found bad, change them all. If this unit is more than 2 years old, I'd change all the hoses anyway. Hoses get brittle or soft (depends on composition) with age & exposure to different chemicals, sunlight, temperature extremes, etc.

Steve

ant
05-19-2002, 10:37 AM
THANKS STEVE. for your reply...
i will tip the mechine and look into it.
anthony

superfert
05-19-2002, 05:45 PM
You might want to check out the belt to the generator on the unit. If loose you will find that you might not be running the pump at max output. We had a unit that came in to the shop where it lost all pumping ability and found it to be the belt on the generator not even tight. I little different then your issue but might be worth a look at.
Phil

HBFOXJr
05-19-2002, 07:46 PM
I had one that had a piece of dir so samll in the nozzle that I missed it until about the 4th time. Poked a tiny piece of wire thru and that was it. It can look right and not be right if yopu don 't check very closely.

Pull both screens and nozzles, rev it up in nuetral and throw thw switch to see of it runs freely from both openings.

Pacific Nursery
05-19-2002, 10:48 PM
That's what I'd do first. Pull screens and nozzels and see if you get free flow from both.
By the way is this prob only with top or bottom or both nozzels.

grassman69
05-20-2002, 10:08 AM
loosen/adjust the black cap on top of diaphram...
i have had exactly this problem w/ my machines also
and it may need some adjust on the black cap...
usually too tight. i suggest taking all nozzles, screens,
caps, and gaskets out, wash in warm soapy water
and check generator output... i have also found that switching
the pump may be the problem... i know u already did so you've
solved sum of the trouble shooting problem... my bet is the diaphram caps are on too tight on 1 or both of the nozzle bodies
post your fix solution as im interested to know how it came out.

HBFOXJr
05-20-2002, 07:55 PM
Anyone have an idea how many hours the centrifugal clutch might last? I'f like to buy one to have on hand or do preventive replacement but don't know when that might be wise to do. Don't want to buy a part that might sit for years.

ant
05-21-2002, 05:27 AM
thanks for your replys.
i tryed all the above with no luck.i even replaced a total of 6'of hose.it's not the nozzles as trhey are brand new and work on my spare mechine but what gets me is as one nozzle sprays fine the other drips,i shut down the one that works and the other starts to work ,i open the valve back up and it drips whine one sprays fine...
i am going to call them ....for the 10th. time ...they been real great with me..the unit i got from them was a demo that i picked up as a spare unit with i think 90 hrs. on it,it now has 120 hrs. not much more then when i got it...
i may see if i can ship it back and let them work on it...

h fox. the clutch should last a while..i ashed perm-a-green that when i did some up-grades ..but it would be nice to have a spare ...
anthony:cry:

HBFOXJr
05-21-2002, 07:06 AM
I don't believe this has been mentioned but how about an air leak on the suction side of the pump? How much water is in your tank when you do this test? I found that my suction tube with screen, inside the tank, did not have clamps on the screen end or the fitting through the tank wall and that caused me flow problems once the water level got down to the tank wall fitting. Probably only 2 connections on the outside, one at the tank fitting and one on the suction side of the pump.

This should be a simple problem and not require sending it back. Also check to see if the regulating valve inside the tank on the return line has a problem. You having a low pressure or supply side problem. Work on both items seperately. You could even take the old pump if you didn't trash it. hook it to a battery and put a clamped on suction line in some water to see if it works ok. Measure output to see if it meets put specs.

ant
05-21-2002, 09:07 PM
some good points harold,i will look into it.
anthony

ant
05-25-2002, 02:59 PM
:angel: thanks to all who replyed.i found the problem...it was a piece of bark stuck on the suction side of the pump at the elbow.
thanks holard fox.
anthony