PDA

View Full Version : Used TG NPR Isuzu Truck

Ric
12-01-2009, 06:18 PM
Any one know where a used TG NPR truck is for sale???

I am posting for a friend who is looking for a used TG NPR Truck. He does not want any of the spray equipment and is more interested in the Fiberglass bed. In fact he would take just the Fiberglass Bed. NPR box trucks are all over Florida. However he wants the Fiberglass bed style of the TG truck.

rcreech
12-01-2009, 06:26 PM

I am posting for a friend who is looking for a used TG NPR Truck. He does not want any of the spray equipment and is more interested in the Fiberglass bed. In fact he would take just the Fiberglass Bed. NPR box trucks are all over Florida. However he wants the Fiberglass bed style of the TG truck.

I am pretty sure that someone posted on here a while back on ebay.

Not sure...but there were some on there at one time...and they were just the trucks with the shells and everything was taken out of them.

Sounds like that is maybe what he is looking for!

sprayboy
12-01-2009, 06:48 PM
Ric,

I found this from a past thread.

http://www.reallyinnovations.com/vector.html

Not sure where you can find a used one.

D&V
12-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Ric,
I have 4 of these....fiberglass bodies only. PM me and we can talk. I am also in Florida, so shipping woulnt be much. I need to get rid of them.

Ric
12-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Ric,
I have 4 of these....fiberglass bodies only. PM me and we can talk. I am also in Florida, so shipping woulnt be much. I need to get rid of them.

D&V

I saw you post and called my buddy who wants it. I told him you have the Bodies only and he is interested in the complete truck with the 109" Wheel base.

What he wants to do is make a Fifth Wheel Pulling Truck and cut the Body down to half size as a storage unit.

americanlawn
12-13-2009, 02:12 PM
Check out ebay. Item # 260522257260

Location: Boca Taton, FL It does not run, so you might get it cheap. It's a 2001 International TruGreen spray truck. As of 12/13/09, there are 3 days left on auction.

Ric
12-13-2009, 02:35 PM
Check out ebay. Item # 260522257260

Location: Boca Taton, FL It does not run, so you might get it cheap. It's a 2001 International TruGreen spray truck. As of 12/13/09, there are 3 days left on auction.

Larry

Typical of your many posts, you missed the point. My friend is looking for a NPR model Isuzu or GMC TG/CL truck in running condition. You posted a link to a Junk 4700 International Truck.

DUSTYCEDAR
12-13-2009, 02:47 PM
ric you have such a way with words

Ric
12-13-2009, 06:52 PM
ric you have such a way with words

Thank You Dusty

In this case I tried to be very selective of my words.

NattyLawn
12-13-2009, 08:30 PM
Check out commercialtrucktrader.com or truckpaper.com

I saw a few TG trucks on there last week. I believe there were one or two located in FL. Good Isuzus/GMC W4500's are hard to find.

americanlawn
12-14-2009, 09:39 PM
jeeze - I was just trying to help. Guess this was not good enough for a "person like you".

Your friend (like you have any) was interested in a "fiberglass bed style of a TG truck". I provided this, yet at the same time, you showed your "true colors" by telling me a TG truck with a fiberglass bed was "wrong". :confused:
The item I tried to help you with had the "fiberglass bed" your friend was looking for. "In fact he would just take "the fiberglass bed".

So now ----- what's up with you?? drugs, hard liquor, beer, or something else.????? :confused:

sprayboy
12-14-2009, 10:38 PM
This might get interesting.

Ric
12-15-2009, 11:05 AM
jeeze - I was just trying to help. Guess this was not good enough for a "person like you".

Your friend (like you have any) was interested in a "fiberglass bed style of a TG truck". I provided this, yet at the same time, you showed your "true colors" by telling me a TG truck with a fiberglass bed was "wrong". :confused:
The item I tried to help you with had the "fiberglass bed" your friend was looking for. "In fact he would just take "the fiberglass bed".

So now ----- what's up with you?? drugs, hard liquor, beer, or something else.????? :confused:

Larry

In a way you did help. But not because you couldn't read or understand "NPR" after working for TG/CL for now many years? Not because you would think I was interested in a $ 51.00 Junk Truck that wasn't and NPR. No you actually did help by Bumping this thread to the top so someone who actually has knowledge might see it and answer my question.

americanlawn
12-15-2009, 07:56 PM
Found some 2000 model year NPR's for sale in FL (via the web), but they want about $10,000 per truck, so I thought the International truck might be an option (especially if the guy was gunna modify a truck anyway). And the International trucks offer a much better ride. Not seeing used TG NPR's like I used to about 5 years ago. We bought 3 TG NPR's from a local GMC dealer back then for $8000. (fair condition), and the brakes sucked in all 3 trucks. Kept one and sold the other two to a guy who sells them in Mexico. Seems down there they like the diesel engines. So the non-running International might be an option depending on the buyer's mechanical abilities.

Don't know what the TG/CL thing is about, cuz I left ChemLawn before TruGreen got involved. But I do admit I can be a jerk at times. :laugh:

a plus bob
12-15-2009, 09:25 PM
This might get interesting.

You called it..........

turfmann
12-18-2009, 09:40 AM

http://www.jumboauto.com/index.htm

There are Izusu spray rigs and bare chassis there - search for them.

Just in case your buddy starts to stray to the International with the intent of towing, stay away from that. The cooling system in the T444 will not be able to keep up with the additional weight. Great truck, but not for that.

Ric
12-18-2009, 11:22 AM
http://www.jumboauto.com/index.htm

There are Izusu spray rigs and bare chassis there - search for them.

Just in case your buddy starts to stray to the International with the intent of towing, stay away from that. The cooling system in the T444 will not be able to keep up with the additional weight. Great truck, but not for that.

turfmann

BINGO we have a Winner. Thanks. 3 TG/CL NPR trucks in running condition and only 100 miles away.

I called my buddy and he is excited about the find. If these trucks still have spray equipment, he wants to sell the spray equipment. I think those Fiberglass tanks being 100/300 split tanks would be great for someone with a One Ton dually. The double electric hose reel is a winner also. If the Hydra Cel 25 pump is still there he can sell it to any Citrus glove.

turfmann
12-18-2009, 11:41 AM
turfmann

BINGO we have a Winner. Thanks. 3 TG/CL NPR trucks in running condition and only 100 miles away.

I called my buddy and he is excited about the find. If these trucks still have spray equipment, he wants to sell the spray equipment. I think those Fiberglass tanks being 100/300 split tanks would be great for someone with a One Ton dually. The double electric hose reel is a winner also. If the Hydra Cel 25 pump is still there he can sell it to any Citrus glove.

I bought a bunch of trucks from them a few years back. I was pleased with the way they conducted business (but don't forget that they're car salesmen!).

They picked me up at the airport brought me to the dealership. Let me drive as many trucks as I wanted. Gave me a ride back to the airport, arranged for the trucks to be transported back to MA.

The best part was driving around in a retired TG/CL hippo and exchanging waves with the TG/CL guys - only to have their faces change to confusion when they see its not a TG/CL truck. :waving:

Ric
12-18-2009, 12:15 PM
I bought a bunch of trucks from them a few years back. I was pleased with the way they conducted business (but don't forget that they're car salesmen!).

They picked me up at the airport brought me to the dealership. Let me drive as many trucks as I wanted. Gave me a ride back to the airport, arranged for the trucks to be transported back to MA.

The best part was driving around in a retired TG/CL hippo and exchanging waves with the TG/CL guys - only to have their faces change to confusion when they see its not a TG/CL truck. :waving:

turfmann

I hear where you are coming from. I also have a retired TG/CL NPR truck. I also have 2 back up Hydra Cel 25 pumps. I made several changes in the plumbing etc before I had it painted and lettered. I have had mine for about 6 years now and I am a happy camper.

PS Thanks again, I glad someone with actual real Knowledge replied to my question.

turfmann
12-18-2009, 12:59 PM
PS Thanks again, I glad someone with actual real Knowledge replied to my question.

:laugh:

I wonder if its knowledge or the fact that I'm not bright enough to do something else!

7* above this morning and I was seriously headed out to apply some lime. Then the cold slap of reality hit, really cold.

Now we have a snow storm coming and I have to spray snow mold control.

I shoulda listened to my mother and become a dentist...

Ric
12-18-2009, 02:19 PM
:laugh:

I wonder if its knowledge or the fact that I'm not bright enough to do something else!

7* above this morning and I was seriously headed out to apply some lime. Then the cold slap of reality hit, really cold.

Now we have a snow storm coming and I have to spray snow mold control.

I shoulda listened to my mother and become a dentist...

Turfmann

Once again I can Identify with the cold snap. I woke up to a all day rain and 73 degrees. It is only 76 right now and tomorrow and Sunday is going to be colder. Hopefully by Tuesday we will be back normal.

turfmann
12-18-2009, 02:30 PM
Turfmann

Once again I can Identify with the cold snap. I woke up to a all day rain and 73 degrees. It is only 76 right now and tomorrow and Sunday is going to be colder. Hopefully by Tuesday we will be back normal.

Send some "normal" up this way, will you?

idoctortrees
01-18-2010, 10:24 AM
I just bought 3 TG lpx trucks from jumbo auto last week.

Ric
01-18-2010, 10:53 AM
I just bought 3 TG lpx trucks from jumbo auto last week.

idoctortrees

Hopefully you will be as happy with your trucks as I am with mine. As build they have Stainless Steel or non corrosive equipment for the most part. However jury rigging that takes place after they have been in service is a PITA to deal with. I have lost more than one tank full because of rusted replacement parts that saved $ 2.00. My advice is to check all fitting and replace any non Brass or Stainless Steel fitting etc. Also check Hoses under the bed from the PTO pump on a regular bases.

Cost wise even after plumbing, painting and repairing Fiberglass etc; I have less money in my trucks than a new 1/2 ton pick up.

PS Check front brakes, they take the most wear.

BTW My Buddy found a sleeper off of a 18 wheeler and went an other way with his project.

idoctortrees
01-18-2010, 06:05 PM
Ric, Thanks for the info. We have 2 of them now and have done the same as you to fix them.

Dallas Turf
01-19-2010, 01:46 AM
Forget the brass fittings have been having those get eaten up as well, Stainless or plastic are the only way to go. I am having to look into new pump heads this year as well because the ammonium sulfate is eating the heck out of them as well. The valve retainer caps are starting to float loose.

Ric
01-19-2010, 09:41 AM
Forget the brass fittings have been having those get eaten up as well, Stainless or plastic are the only way to go. I am having to look into new pump heads this year as well because the ammonium sulfate is eating the heck out of them as well. The valve retainer caps are starting to float loose.

Jason

I forgot about your problem with Brass fitting. I got a couple of extra Hydracels from Mike and have a rebuild one sitting in the barn ready to go, hopefully. But the one in my truck was rebuild at the same time and is still good after 6 years.

palombo
11-16-2010, 02:56 PM
I am looking for used isuzu trugreen truck...Anyone know where to find one?

Ric
11-17-2010, 11:33 AM
I am looking for used isuzu trugreen truck...Anyone know where to find one?

Palombo

Good luck finding a truck. Just Monday I had two new front tires put on and I am getting a front end alignment Thursday morning. Two months ago I put 4 new tires on the back of my 1993 TG/CL spray truck with 170,000 miles. First Tire change since I bought it. The next thing I need to think about is a repaint. After 7 years of use with staining Micro elements in the tank and Florida Sun it is about time.

I originally found this truck because of a LS Member named Lawngodfather told me about it. I drove to Dallas Texas with my Mechanic and Purchased it for ONLY $ 4250.00. I put 6 new tires and a oil change on it and drove it home 1,500 miles trouble free. But after some re-plumbing and few other modification, Paint job etc I capitalized it for $ 12,000. I capitalized the Trip expense as part of the $ 12,000 because acquisitions cost are part of equipment costs. I could have expensed the acquisition costs and re paint Etc and wrote it off the first year. However I refer you to a current thread dealing with showing a business profit. The fact is the truck was written off years ago and still a very viable piece of equipment.