PDA

View Full Version : Realestate properties/forclosed properties

pbjunkie92
12-01-2009, 06:28 PM
I recently saw on lawnsite something that sparked my interest. I was interested in doing work on homes for sale and also cleaning up forclosed properties. I am fairly new to landscaping but I feel this is definately something I can do. what is a good way to get started. anybody have good experiances with this? bad ones? let me know I value everyones advice

Thanks in advance.

Big C
12-02-2009, 01:02 AM
You can find property management companies in your local yellow pages...but be careful..some of the companies will try to get a ton of work for the cheapest rate available...it is good steady work if the situation is right but can be over in the blink of any eye due some of the holmes being bought or the property management company finding someone cheaper and dropping you without notice. I got dropped from mowing one property by a "national company" according to the management company, which ended up being 2 mexicans with a 22" craftsman mower a machete and a broom, so don't base your whole business on it. I used it as "filler" work between my regular customers.

pbjunkie92
12-03-2009, 11:08 AM
Thanks for your response. I was just going to look into it as something to do in addition to my current accounts.

mx315
12-03-2009, 12:01 PM
As long as they pay up front... I learned that lesson.