PDA

View Full Version : Fall Clean Up help

wints76
12-01-2009, 10:26 PM
How do you guys price Fall clean ups. When looking at a larger commercial property with quite a few trees what is the best way to go about bidding that? How to break it down. Per tree?

XLS
12-01-2009, 10:59 PM
only if it was $100 per tree would i go per tree

Jpeg lawn maintenance
12-01-2009, 11:14 PM
I would honestly figure out an hourly rate and stick with it. But dont lowball yourself short.

THEGOLDPRO
12-01-2009, 11:15 PM
i used to do hourly to make it fair, but now we just price it by the job, we know roughly how long it will take us just by looking.

you also should ask the guy in charge of the contract, some times they want an hourly rate, sometimes they want a per job rate.

Jpeg lawn maintenance
12-01-2009, 11:33 PM
i used to do hourly to make it fair, but now we just price it by the job, we know roughly how long it will take us just by looking.

you also should ask the guy in charge of the contract, some times they want an hourly rate, sometimes they want a per job rate.

Ya per job works too, sometimesi like this method better because if you are there very little time your making more money on the job.

S L C
12-02-2009, 12:38 AM
How do you guys price Fall clean ups. When looking at a larger commercial property with quite a few trees what is the best way to go about bidding that? How to break it down. Per tree?

Per tree?? Are you kidding?? Aren't cleanups done up here now? Or did you lose your shorts on the ones you did this year? :dizzy:

topsites
12-02-2009, 02:50 AM
Yeah, I lost out on a few starting out but over time pricing by the job really does work well,
one price and no variables, the customers seem to understand this the best also.

dgw
12-02-2009, 07:33 AM
Per tree?? Are you kidding?? Aren't cleanups done up here now? Or did you lose your shorts on the ones you did this year?

yep per tree , which unfortunately leaves me with a lot of free labor every year due to treeless properties in which their neighbors have several trees

dgw
12-02-2009, 07:36 AM
kidding, hourly, and if your new add two hours to your estimate on every commercial property , they will always take longer than you think

happy raking

JCPM
12-02-2009, 08:55 AM
Figure out how long it will take you and then add 25% on to that. Leaves always take longer due to variables like wind, rain, etc....If you think it will take 10 man/hrs to complete than add another 2.5 hrs onto that. If this is a new customer than they surely will want a set price. Once you have your foot in the door they usually don't question you when you price them by the hr.

XLS
12-02-2009, 09:02 AM
What equipment are you using????????

rklawnmowing
12-04-2009, 01:51 AM
I always give a per job price, but when im getting that price ready, I look at how many trees there are in the yard, if its fenced it or not, if the leaves have to be hauled away, how many flower beds there are, and if the customer wants a final cut or not, and what kind of job the customers is looking for. some people just want a most of the leaves cleaned up and some want everysingle leaf picked up, but in the end i usually average, about 100/hr profit and thats just with 2 back packs,2 rakes a tarp and dropping the mower deck to 2" and using like a leaf plow which works just as good as a leaf plow but its free.

topsites
12-04-2009, 11:43 AM
and dropping the mower deck to 2" and using like a leaf plow which works just as good as a leaf plow but its free.

I see someone else noticed this too :laugh:

Careful with the muffler thou, watch for leaves getting up around it.

G Lovett
12-04-2009, 08:21 PM
sometimes it very hard but to make it easy to figure base leaves on 30.00 per person per man hour pay your employees by their regular hourly rate add
one hour for the hour for the truck and equipment

example
4 hours

3 people
1 equipment

120 per hour x 4 =480

JCPM
12-05-2009, 09:24 AM
and using like a leaf plow which works just as good as a leaf plow but its free.

A leaf plow works much better. I've pushed and pulled leaves anyway possible and a leaf plow is definitely the way to go.