PDA

View Full Version : Husqvarna Propane

LawnMowerKing10
12-02-2009, 06:22 PM
Has anyone else seent the new propane ztr or tried it out?

Kutz Lawns
12-02-2009, 06:52 PM
Nope, can't say I've seent one either!

Oldtimer
12-03-2009, 09:05 AM
Running LP is equal to using 104 octane gasoline. Alternative fuels are definitely in our future and B15-20 are not going to work well in our equipment so LP is a good choice.

One of the suburbs of Birmingham, Al. only allows gas powered engine a couple of days each week. Mowers using LP can run every day.

Oldtimer

laird006
12-03-2009, 09:21 AM
I personally think it would be a good idea if it costs right around the same as gas or diesel to operate, and its easily and readily available. I kinda think hauling spare tanks would be a pain due to safety issues.

Kennedy Landscaping
12-03-2009, 10:50 AM
I want to stick with gas, I'm not open really to this new "propane era"

mowerbrad
12-03-2009, 12:10 PM
Propane mowers still have a long way to come. There are not nearly as many fill stations as there are for gas/diesel. Gas stations are so plentiful, that almost no matter where you are in a town, you are near a gas station. However, propane fill stations are not near as plentiful, so to fill up you could only have one choice of where to go.

I'll keep using my gas mowers and contribute to the whole global warming thing.

Kennedy Landscaping
12-03-2009, 01:38 PM
Propane mowers still have a long way to come. There are not nearly as many fill stations as there are for gas/diesel. Gas stations are so plentiful, that almost no matter where you are in a town, you are near a gas station. However, propane fill stations are not near as plentiful, so to fill up you could only have one choice of where to go.

I'll keep using my gas mowers and contribute to the whole global warming thing.

Thats kinda my thought. I'm staying with the gas until I have no other choice.