PDA

View Full Version : Picking Up New Clients With INSURANCE

BearWise Landscapers
12-02-2009, 05:55 PM
I saw in another thread that the person would talk with prospective clients that are homeowners and commercial property managers about not only the quality of work performed by their landscaping business, but also about their stability and the importance that they have insurance coverage.

1. How many of you stress the importance that your business has liability insurance when you are speaking with potential clients?

2. Do you ever include certificates of insurance (proof of insurance papers that list your policies with the main coverage details) when bidding on a job that does not ask for it?

3. I see licensed/bonded/insured written on landscaping vehicles all the time, but is it practical to stress the benefits the potential client will receive by doing business with a landscaper that has those qualifications?

I am not active in landscaping and am on the insurance side of the business and am just curious about the practical nature of this. I have received positive feedback from my clients that it is helpful to stress the importance of their insurance coverage to prospects, but wanted to see if this is true for everyone.

I look forward to hearing your feedback and opinions...

W.L.M.
12-02-2009, 07:33 PM
I have provided proof of ins to 2 commercials that asked to see it but I certainly don't use it as a selling point. I feel that if you are a legitimate professional business the customers already assume you are licensed and insured.

unkownfl
12-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Are you a broker? I currently have bankers and pay about 70 per month for just my self.

DLAWNS
12-02-2009, 09:49 PM
Not frequently, but when a customer seems to be looking for more selling points (usually when my price seems a little higher than they want to pay), I will throw that out there to them. That is very important to a lot of customers. Plus I have it on my fliers and some of the literature that I give to new clients.

BearWise Landscapers
12-04-2009, 02:31 PM
I have provided proof of ins to 2 commercials that asked to see it but I certainly don't use it as a selling point. I feel that if you are a legitimate professional business the customers already assume you are licensed and insured.

WLM,

I agree with what you are saying. I am surprised though that more commercial property managers don't ask about the specifics of your insurance coverage though. How many commercial accounts do you have? I am asking because I am curious with 2 asking, what ratio that is of your total commercial clients.

Thanks for the insight.

BearWise Landscapers
12-04-2009, 02:39 PM
Are you a broker? I currently have bankers and pay about 70 per month for just my self.

UnknownFL,

I am a broker that represents over 35 insurance carriers. The BearWise Landscapers division of our agency specializes in providing insurance for landscaping businesses in Florida. I would be happy to offer a comparative insurance quote to you or any other landscaping businesses. Bankers is a great company and i don't know without looking at your coverages if you have a good deal on the premium or not. If you have no employees and that is only for general liability insurance, than I will certainly be able to save you quite a bit of annual premium. If that 70 dollars per month covers your commercial auto insurance and equipment floater as well as your general liability insurance, then it sounds like a great deal. It all depends on the coverage you have for that amount of money and the limits on that coverage. Iíll figure out how to send you a private message and we can continue this discussion there.