PDA

View Full Version : Dump truck storage

South Florida Lawns
12-02-2009, 06:29 PM
Back about 2 months ago I started letting my crew leader (my cousin) take my dump home with him, in exchange, it sits inside a a poll barn at the end of the day and on the weekends. I figure since he doesn't have a car, (paying off student loans) and lives at his parents, a few minutes from me; the trade off is he he's got a ride and my nice new truck stays out of the elements.

Does this sound fair? He puts fuel in it if it gets low, and will wash it if I ask him.

gtmorgan89
12-02-2009, 06:59 PM
And he gets to work on time.

Be very careful when letting employees drive vehicles home. I used to do the same thing until a Professor of a law class I took explained that if he was in a wreck it could come back to the business if someone were to sue. Sorta scary, but sometimes letting the crew use the trucks is necessary.

fl-landscapes
12-02-2009, 08:51 PM
And he gets to work on time.

Be very careful when letting employees drive vehicles home. I used to do the same thing until a Professor of a law class I took explained that if he was in a wreck it could come back to the business if someone were to sue. Sorta scary, but sometimes letting the crew use the trucks is necessary.

proper auto insurance should prevent most incidents from going directly after the company unless the driver was drinking or something very negligent.

STIHL GUY
12-02-2009, 09:56 PM
seems like a pretty good deal also since its your cousin and you probably know him pretty well

Krafty
12-02-2009, 10:11 PM
I let one of my guys take home a pickup. I love it!! Keeps me from paying storage on it, gives me more space and he is happy because he has a truck to drive. It is a tax rite off as well. Just make sure you lay donw some guide lines, ie absolutly no drinking and driving make them written, and you won't be totally protected but it sure will help. Plus it is great advertising if your trucks are lettered.

South Florida Lawns
12-03-2009, 12:06 AM
Well if anything happens I got really good insurance, but my cuzzo is 20 doesnt drink and is from what I see very responsible. I do let my H2b guys use it on the weekends when they need it too as well.