PDA

View Full Version : Should I add snowplowing as a service? Joking:D

LouisianaLawnboy
12-03-2009, 01:16 PM
I'm looking at a weather alert and I can't believe this for S. Louisiana.

.. WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY EVENING THROUGH LATE FRIDAY NIGHT...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN LAKE CHARLES HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY EVENING THROUGH LATE FRIDAY NIGHT.

FRIDAY AFTERNOON RAINS WILL GIVE WAY TO A CONTINUOUS SNOW DURING THE EVENING HOURS. ACCUMULATIONS FROM 1 TO 2 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE DURING THE NIGHT... ENDING NEAR DAWN.

ROADWAYS AND BRIDGES MAY BE IMPACTED. MOTORIZED TRAVEL IS DISCOURAGED.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW... SLEET... OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS.

I guess this is Global Cooling.

Kennedy Landscaping
12-03-2009, 01:43 PM
I wish that was for my area :laugh:

KrayzKajun
12-03-2009, 01:53 PM
lol

i have to work for the police dept this weekend! ughhh its gunna be cold

turf and snow
12-03-2009, 02:24 PM
LOL that is damn funny. Motorized travel is not reccomended. For a whopping 2 inches of snow. We get a foot and a half of snow up here and my customers expect me at their place before 7am. Good luck and buy some winter tires

LouisianaLawnboy
12-03-2009, 02:26 PM
LOL that is damn funny. Motorized travel is not reccomended. For a whopping 2 inches of snow. We get a foot and a half of snow up here and my customers expect me at their place before 7am. Good luck and buy some winter tires

Usually when it snows here in Louisiana, no body goes to work or school. Lot more wrecks too.

jbell36
12-03-2009, 02:39 PM
that's crazy, i have a feeling it's going to be a bad winter...

Two Seasons
12-03-2009, 04:46 PM
This is the real climate change, not the lying pile of hooey that some "esteemed" professors, along with the inventor of the internet, dreamed up.

I would recommend some North Face gloves and a wool cap for you LL.

DT Lawn Care
12-03-2009, 07:51 PM
You guys are whiners. Try spending one year in Michigan, go back to LA, then tell me which you prefer. jk haha, snow watch huh?

LouisianaLawnboy
12-04-2009, 11:39 AM
You guys are whiners. Try spending one year in Michigan, go back to LA, then tell me which you prefer. jk haha, snow watch huh?

Ok, its a deal. As long as you come to La for one summer.

Yater
12-04-2009, 04:22 PM
The problem is that there are no plows or salters in the area. The temp is often above freezing during the day (wet) and then in the 20s at night. All overpasses are iced and no one around here knows how to deal with it. The big rig drivers should know how to drive in snow, but I don't see them wrecking in Colorado blizzards as often as they do here.