PDA

View Full Version : I need tips badly!!!!

OrangeToys
12-03-2009, 07:53 PM
Im posting this in Lawnsite so that I can hopefully get some GREAT advice from some very knowledgeable people. And Im not kidding about needing Tips badly!!!!

I am trying to start looking towards mowing for next season and I need to pick up at least 25 more weekly yards. I don't really know what to do to get them. All the ones that I have now (13 weekly/13 bi recieved by word of mouth or forclosures i do for the bank) kept me busy while I worked through college doing homework, staying on athletic scholarship, and mowing. I am now trying to go full time mowing. Part of me thinks that I am worry a little to early but thats how I work.

I will take any advice that I can get that is use full.

lawnprosteveo
12-03-2009, 09:25 PM
It is too early to pick up yards for next spring...although you can get some new customers for spring during fall cleanups.

When I started out, I used fliers and newspaper ads. Also did alot of my mowing on nice Saturdays when things started warming up. You'd be amazed at how many people will come up to you and ask you about mowing their lawn.

unkownfl
12-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Try Service Magic or something =. I used door hangers and got about 20 accounts and a hand full of every now and then mowing's.

OrangeToys
12-04-2009, 12:06 AM
Im more trying to figure out what to get ready to start doing to find my customers.

santafe
12-04-2009, 10:01 AM
denbow, go to forum commercial and residential lawn mowing and click on thread " its getting bad down here in flordia" and think about it.