PDA

View Full Version : Stihl Warranty???

fox526
12-04-2009, 10:50 AM
I just read the stihl warranty and it doesn't say anything about parts being covered for 5 years... Just says 2 year warranty...

http://www.stihlusa.com/warranty.html
Then click at the top to download the warranty specs.
Why is everyone talking about 5 year on parts?

mnms0562000
12-04-2009, 08:18 PM
5 year warranty is not on all parts. Just the coil. 2 years Parts and labor. 5 years Parts only.

rotti1968
12-12-2009, 11:03 PM
http://www.stihlusa.com/STIHLInc_LimitedWarranty_10.09.pdf

This is Stihls warranty policy , only thing not on there is the emissions warranty and that would be found in each products manual.

topsites
12-13-2009, 02:47 AM
You really need to read your Owner's manual, these policies can change over time and from one model to the next,
what you want are the warranty specifications that go with your piece of equipment.

I believe it's towards the back of the book but I'm not 100% sure.

Richard Martin
12-13-2009, 06:46 AM
Actually certain parts of Stihl equipment like clutches and shafts are lifetime warrantied.

Think Green
12-13-2009, 05:03 PM
It is good to read the warranty section and realize that there is a consumer section and somewhere in there is the small faint print that applies to the professional user!!!!
We have come to learn that these warranties aren't worth the paper it is printed on!

rotti1968
12-13-2009, 05:54 PM
The only items not covered under the 2 year warranty are the chain saws and cut off saws for pro use. Blowers and trimmers etc are covered for 2 years.

And Ill say this again, Sithl is very good with repairing things under warranty. I just did a ms 460 chain saw that was purchased in nov of 2008. This saw carries a 90 day pro warranty. The saw had very little use like new condition. It was seized , long story short the customer did not cause this failure. The carburetor failed and allowed the unit to lean out and over speed. Since the carburetor has a 2 year emissions warranty it covered the failure of the saw. so it really goes by the dealer, the tech etc . I also deny many warranties because its not a "defect" in the product, non mixed fuel,carburetor out of adjustment, no preventive maintenance etc.

Richard Martin
12-13-2009, 06:24 PM
We have come to learn that these warranties aren't worth the paper it is printed on!

I've had a couple of warranty claims on Stihl equipment at multiple dealers over the years and I've never had them deny one. One was on a blower that was out of the warranty period and Stihl still fixed it for free.

GravelyNut
12-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Stihl will work with their dealers on repairs. Unless it's for something like no oil in the fuel.