PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle lettering

unkownfl
12-04-2009, 05:12 PM
I have been putting it off until I got the setup I wanted together and time to let them have the truck. I haven't went out and got estimates, but what would having a f150 cost? I'm looking at doing the sides and tail gate full color lettering not a wrap.

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping
12-05-2009, 10:14 AM
I'd guess 150-250 depending on exact graphics and company you hired. My truck was 150 and the trailer 500, but I'm in Erie and your in Florida!

nicholsmowingservice
12-05-2009, 05:20 PM
My back window in my truck was $150

RigglePLC
12-05-2009, 05:32 PM
For your back window, you can buy plain white static cling letters for inside the glass, and say anything you want. Not particulary visible if you have a dark tint. (In which case vinyl letters on the outside of the glass are best). What is more with static cling you can change letters to say something different depending on the season. Across the top of your windshield, vinyl letters on the outside work nicely, (cannot go on inside due to window tint). Remember that the windshield wipers may scrape across them (usually not much problem). Mine looked nice until my wife helped me scrape ice off the windshield--took off a couple letters. Cost $20 to fix at the sign shop.

Cheap vinyl letters:
http://www.officemax.com/catalog/sku.jsp?productId=ARS20427&history=0tbibgyl|prodPage~15^freeText~vinyl+letters^paramValue~true^refine~1^region~1^param~return_s kus^return_skus~Y

Static cling:
http://www.dasletters.com/main.html

LewisLawn
12-08-2009, 11:49 AM
I did a company logo, business name and phone number in vinyl on my back window of my truck it is approx 12" x 30" cost was 10 bucks I had to install, they identified the midpoint of the the decal for me....I can have additional ones printed out depending on size at a predetermined cost so much a linear foot...cost of color(s) varies.....this same company will also print yard signs with same logo for me at if I recall correctly 5 bucks a sign

Paradise Landscapes
12-12-2009, 08:21 PM
I did a company logo, business name and phone number in vinyl on my back window of my truck it is approx 12" x 30" cost was 10 bucks I had to install, they identified the midpoint of the the decal for me....I can have additional ones printed out depending on size at a predetermined cost so much a linear foot...cost of color(s) varies.....this same company will also print yard signs with same logo for me at if I recall correctly 5 bucks a sign

Where did you go for your lettering?

Ol'Dad
12-13-2009, 10:43 PM
I used vinyl on my back glass and the rear side windows on my truck from a company on e-bay. Cost less than $50 for all three. Go to e-bay and under 'search by seller' enter decal delight. Then contact them on their e-mail. I e-mailed them my logo and they were able to duplicate it plus make alterations where I wanted. It was easy to apply and the shipping was quick.

jhsmith4
12-14-2009, 02:45 PM
We had our F250 lettered, tell us what you think. It cost us $225.00

unkownfl
12-14-2009, 02:49 PM
smith, that is exactly what I plan on having done. Only thing I would need done is to have the grass a little higher. It works for you but I have a 1/2 ton 2wd so it would be really low compare to your 3/4 4x4.

LewisLawn
12-14-2009, 03:04 PM
a local guy who has the equipment to design and print the vinyl he has a business building top fuel drag cars and is always letting/decorating them so he has the means to provide this service when he is not building or racing...he has done several vehicles and trailers in the area

SangerLawn
12-14-2009, 03:51 PM
I have been putting it off until I got the setup I wanted together and time to let them have the truck. I haven't went out and got estimates, but what would having a f150 cost? I'm looking at doing the sides and tail gate full color lettering not a wrap.

HOLY CRAP!!!!! You haven’t even been a member for a year yet and you have well over 800 post!!!! I hope you get some work off that lettering job because you need something else to do lol…..gotta ask…..do you ever cut grass or do you just sit here talking about?

unkownfl
12-14-2009, 03:55 PM
LOL I have to put about 9 hours in Labs for school a week. I mow every other week about this time of the year. This was my first year. I mow about 50 in the summer and about 25 every other in the winter. Sanger must be German at least you don't get the Singer jokes like myself. I have about 2500 on a Mustang forum it took about 4 years though.

CkLandscapingOrlando
12-14-2009, 05:46 PM
I've slacked in this area for years. This year it gets done. Let me know what you find out. I'll ask the wife if she remembers the quote from our uniform place

SangerLawn
12-15-2009, 08:06 AM
LOL I have to put about 9 hours in Labs for school a week. I mow every other week about this time of the year. This was my first year. I mow about 50 in the summer and about 25 every other in the winter. Sanger must be German at least you don't get the Singer jokes like myself. I have about 2500 on a Mustang forum it took about 4 years though.

Yep, it’s a German name. My dad is German and my mom is mix Irish and Cherokee….makes 1 hell of a tempered mix lol :drinkup:

Kennedy Landscaping
12-15-2009, 11:45 PM
Corner Stone, your F-250 looks nice, I like it.

jhsmith4
12-16-2009, 11:18 AM
Thanx, it does get alot of attention. People say they see our trucks everywhere, we have only 1 truck. So the decals are working, hope they work more in '2010!!!!!!!