View Full Version : Business Plan Help

12-04-2009, 07:18 PM
:confused: I need to collect payments monthly,would like to know if i can accept checks if i don't have a bank account and let my brother cash them by signing them over maybe? the irs is after me right now for around 5 grand.;) and almost as much in student loan default as well so i won't be getting one until i have these issues taken care of. was just wanting to know how to get around collecting payments not having a bank account when sent a check thanks.:usflag:

12-06-2009, 12:42 AM
Not a tax pro obviously. But I dont think there would be anything "wrong" with doing that as long as you still filed taxes on the amount of money your brother paid you in cash. Someway or another you would need to get your brother to 1099 or W-2 you as an employee depending on what category you fall under - depending on how you and your brother run the business. It doesnt really matter how you end up getting the money or really where it comes from (as long as the business is legal), as long as you pay taxes on what you get paid... Whether you get paid in cash, checks or chickens, you still gotta pay "the man"

12-06-2009, 01:17 AM
i know about that so if thats it, i will be filing as well. i always file its just i dont always pay.:terribletowel: anyways now with assest like a house etc, i will be needing to. and thanks again for your help.

12-06-2009, 01:50 AM
Uncle Sam is already after you for 5K???!!!!?? Now your on a public forum seeking advice on how to skate around this one????

Dude...you need more then "Business Plan Help".........

12-06-2009, 02:01 AM
i have business plan it's so many cuts for x amount of dollars in monthly payments for 8 months. its just i don't have a bank account right now.:o so what would i do when sent a check in the mail.

12-06-2009, 06:08 AM
It's really not that hard to get a checking account...

12-06-2009, 09:58 AM
This is a easy problem to solve. Make payment arrangements with the IRS then you will be able to safely open a checking account without the risk of them taking it. you do anything other than this then you don't need help you need incarceration. Man up.....

12-06-2009, 10:38 AM
Its not often someone shows up on Lawnsite looking for ways to break the law. If you already owe then your at least in default on payment. Like Stillwater said...MANUP!! How would you like your customers to not pay what they owe you? Before you go any further in business, maybe you should learn something about responsibility and character!

12-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Maybe you can register as an S corporation. You become the only employee.

12-06-2009, 02:01 PM
I'm not trying to break any laws. i just don't want to get a account if its going to have money taken out of it when i need it to help me start adding equipment for my business. i always file, if i did not do that i would be breaking the law. i also own a house now and truck both all paid for. so i wouldn't want them to bother me on those. anyways thanks alot for your help and a checking account might help if they would allow me to have one. not sure after owing some other bank $500 for some mis hap on a web order.

Property Maintenance Plus
12-06-2009, 02:11 PM
sounds like you need to get your finances in order my friend.

SW Services
12-06-2009, 06:41 PM
Dear Mr. Mafioso wanna-be,
4 posts, username is Fart Head, and coming onto a landscaping site asking how to avoid and scam the IRS...... Sounds fishy. Right now you dont need to worry about skating around the IRS and using the money to buy equipment for your buisness and having your brother cash checks for you. Instead, worry about getting your finances together and caught up with your debt. That debt will follow you until it gets taken care of. And, if your buisness is legal, its not hard for them to track it down and start taking your equipment you already have to dumb down the debt. It has happened and will happen again if need be. Would hate have that happen. And I would advise against signing checks over to your brother. If he gets caught somehow in this whole thing hes gonna get screwed also. Man up, handle the debt, get a bank accnt and buisness checking accnt, and play the game correctly. Your idea is asinine and a sure way to get yourself and possibly your brother taken down.
A concerned citizen

12-06-2009, 06:55 PM
Maybe you can register as an S corporation. You become the only employee.

It would be illegal if he has already been sued as far as I can remember.

12-06-2009, 07:10 PM
i need to get my finances in order. as i understand it i don't have to pay taxes here until i make over 3 to 5 grand a year. my problem is im going to start this with next to nothing.will pay them back or let it go off what ever comes first or get a loan to cover both. although the default stays for good so i should get that worked out first. i never hide or dodge, always file my taxes. last time i talked to them to make payment they told me i keep saying that and they never get any money sent so nm there done trying to make payments with me. i would just rahter let them direct debit to a account i got or email payments or mail me the payments. they always had to be there to give me the money and it sounded funny when i said put it under a rock or the shoes out side lol.