PDA

View Full Version : New Rack

ptimealltime
12-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Been working on this, what do you think?

Big C
12-04-2009, 10:16 PM
If it doesn't cause the engine to flood...you might have a great idea....I like it!

ptimealltime
12-04-2009, 10:20 PM
It doesent on the Kawasaki's, Already started to get it pattened.

grassman177
12-04-2009, 10:24 PM
better hurry on the patent before i get it first after seeing your pics!!!!!!!!!joking, tell us more about it and does it have to be mounted vertical?

ptimealltime
12-04-2009, 10:44 PM
Yes it does have to mounted verticaly, but the motor does not have to be on the bottom, it can go on the top but that puts the head closer to the ground.

grassman177
12-05-2009, 12:34 AM
is that a large screen printer or vinyl machine in the background? oh and on your comments about mounting. i know you are working on this and such,so if you dont want to answer questions in detail i understand, but if you will be inclined to answer my questions that would be great as i am curious. we are debating new racks right now so it is a topic i am very interested in.

i cant tell how it mounts, slides in, etc. and why vertical only. thanks and more pics to explain are appreciated.

ptimealltime
12-05-2009, 12:42 AM
send me a pm grassman

stevenf
12-05-2009, 01:31 AM
Very good idea! Would be a great space saver to mount them vertically. I see setups all the time with 6 or more hand helds. You could probably fit 7 trimmers the same width as three trimmers on a horizontal rack.

topsites
12-05-2009, 02:09 AM
Yeah you better get it patented quick, not trying to scare you but...

ptimealltime
12-05-2009, 10:47 AM
any more thoughts

ALC-GregH
12-05-2009, 11:35 AM
Will that big white thing clamped on the trimmer be there? It looks bulky.

ptimealltime
12-05-2009, 11:43 AM
Its not that big, and it weighs less than a pound

ptimealltime
12-05-2009, 10:38 PM
more opinions please

S L C
12-05-2009, 11:03 PM
more opinions please

Hard to tell what's really going on there with the pictures... just send me one, I'll check it out and give you some thoughts/opinions.. lol :clapping:

ttlawncare
12-07-2009, 12:27 AM
You want an opinion. Paint it and price it. That thing looks awesome. How heavy is the whole thing? How tall is the trimmer sticking up? How does it lock? Good luck!!!!!

Kennedy Landscaping
12-07-2009, 01:01 AM
Looks good to me.

Hawg City Lawns
12-07-2009, 01:07 AM
dang i thought we were talking about a boob job.... naw it really looks like a great idea if you were to tack another piece of steel where the bolts are couldnt you make it hang horizontally also?

ptimealltime
12-07-2009, 01:24 AM
You want an opinion. Paint it and price it. That thing looks awesome. How heavy is the whole thing? How tall is the trimmer sticking up? How does it lock? Good luck!!!!!

It probably weighs 10#. The head of the trimmer is about even with the cab of my truck 2001 3/4 ton duramax, and for the lock, there is a part that swings around the shaft and locks it with a pad lock. Thanks

MikeKle
12-07-2009, 01:34 AM
To the Op, please take a pic of the trimmer removed from the rack, I cant figure out how it works by those pics, Im guessing it is similar to the new green touch racks, as something is installed on the trimmer shaft that locks into something on the rack....right? It seems like a little tweaking would make it possible to mount the trimmers horiz? Maybe Im wrong though?

ptimealltime
12-07-2009, 01:46 AM
If you really wanted it horiz, I guess it could be done but by being vertical and the motor on the bottom and held where it is held greatly reduces vibration to the shaft and motor. Some might say that it will cause my trimmer to leak gas. Replace your gas cap it shouldnt leak anyways,

ttlawncare
12-07-2009, 09:39 PM
ptimealltime I sent you a PM, just had a few questions for you.

STIHL GUY
12-07-2009, 10:45 PM
looks pretty good but i dont know if i would want it mounted vertically

ptimealltime
01-22-2010, 11:34 PM
finished product

ptimealltime
01-22-2010, 11:36 PM
more pics!!!!

Richard Martin
01-23-2010, 05:05 AM
What's to keep it from popping out if you hit a bump in the road? I have to cross railroad tracks several times a week and I could see a trimmer popping out pretty easily.

Or is it just designed to hold them in the shop?

A Leaf Above
01-23-2010, 09:32 AM
It looks to me like both the head and the shaft holding area have 2 screws that hold the bracket firmly ..Is this correct? If that is the case then it seems like its to much work to have to unscrew them every time we stop to cut .These are for an open trailer ? Dont look like its designed for an enclosed trailer.

Richard Martin
01-23-2010, 09:43 AM
It looks to me like both the head and the shaft holding area have 2 screws that hold the bracket firmly ..Is this correct? If that is the case then it seems like its to much work to have to unscrew them every time we stop to cut .These are for an open trailer ? Dont look like its designed for an enclosed trailer.

The brackets stay on the trimmer all of the time. He said it weighs less than a pound but so did did that guard that I took off to save weight.

A Leaf Above
01-23-2010, 09:59 AM
oh ..oops! ....:hammerhead:

MikeKle
01-23-2010, 11:51 AM
It looks good, but it seems like too much mechanism just to hold a couple trimmers in place? I thought about fabricating a new kind of lock for my trimmer rack, that would secure everything with one pad lock,and consist of a knob that is turned to lock tabs in place, but I realized it was going to be lots of steel and fabrication, when I can just as easily use 2 pad locks? Sometimes when I get bored, I tend to think too much about how to make things better, when they really are fine the way they are! You will have to tell us how it works out when the season gets started. Your fabrication skills are top notch, those look very professional, and no welding slag, or parts that look to have been chewed by a dog!!

ptimealltime
01-23-2010, 11:54 AM
Its not going to pop out if you hit a bump, the train tracks, the curb or anything else you might encounter in a day of mowing. The white piece on the bottom will not come out of the rack unless it is pulled stright up, and that is what the latch at the top is for it would stop it from falling if it was to bounce off. I have had it mounted on my reese hitch for about 3 weeks now and it has not even moved, just didnt want to pull the trailer. It goes on the rail of the trailer not for the shop, but I guess you could use it in the shop for repair if you wanted.

LR3
01-24-2010, 02:31 AM
It looks great, well designed. I have the xtreme greentouch and the concept looks similar except for the fact that it is vertically mounted.
Posted via Mobile Device