PDA

View Full Version : Other service blew crap onto my customers lawn

Grassbustin
12-04-2009, 11:05 PM
So I pull up to do the last cleanup on one of my accounts and see that the neighbor's lawn service just blew lots of leaves and tons of acorns/mulch/sticks onto my customer's property. I know that they were there within the hour before I got there. I know which company it was. There were acorns and mulch and sticks about 6" deep right along the property line ON MY SIDE of the property line. I could tell that there were plenty of leaves just blown over too. But the acorns were ridiculous as were the sticks. Even in the street their side clean my side full. Knocked on the neighbor's door but no one home. My customer not home. I had to do the cleanup, couldn't put it off to wait to show either my customer or the other owners. I tried to make a video but the battery died too soon.

sirlondon
12-04-2009, 11:12 PM
stop crying and just smack the dude in the head next year

DFLS
12-04-2009, 11:16 PM
Blow them back

unkownfl
12-04-2009, 11:17 PM
Blow them back

Im with him

brucec32
12-05-2009, 12:11 AM
I'd advise NOT speaking to the neighbor but to YOUR customer. Explain what is happening and how it would of course cost them extra for you to redo the job repeatedly.. They can then ask the neighbor to have their company do something about it. If you go to the neighbor they may get an attitude as their problem is solved already. Their junk is no longer in their lawn! But if they face peer pressure from a neighbor they may get it sorted. Also, they may want to hire you as you to replace their idiots.

grassman177
12-05-2009, 12:30 AM
yup, you cleaning it up right away was a good decision , not talking to the neighbor is a good idea. talk to your customer and let them deal with next door. just inform your client that you feel truly that they put alot on their property that you had to clean up and in the end they had to pay extra for the additional time. if you do so in a polite way, i dont see the harm in that. i

Chilehead
12-05-2009, 12:38 AM
This happened to me once (and I stress ONCE). I got the crew's license plate number and called the cops. Illegal dumping was the charge on the report--my customer helped out with this. Later that day, the other company's owner called me personally to apologize. I was civil with him. Has not happened since.

grassman177
12-05-2009, 12:39 AM
This happened to me once (and I stress ONCE). I got the crew's license plate number and called the cops. Illegal dumping was the charge on the report--my customer helped out with this. Later that day, the other company's owner called me personally to apologize. I was civil with him. Has not happened since.

nice, that could be hard to do in every town i would think

Tharrell
12-05-2009, 08:09 AM
Talk to your customer and do what you can but, you'd probably just have to suck it up. Pardon the pun. Tony

N.TX
12-05-2009, 10:29 AM
Just clean it up and bill for it. If your customer asks why the bill is higher then tell them that you had to charge to cleanup all the crap the neighbors service blew in the yard.

topsites
12-05-2009, 11:27 AM
I don't think it's a good idea to charge more, personally speaking.
But I think this is one of those cases that falls under the category of things to be mentioned.

More so if it happens again.

So what I'm saying is, clean it up but bill the usual amount, and the next time you get a chance to speak
with your customer just throw it in there, how the other service keeps blowing debris over to the side.
Like don't make a big deal of it, but yeah I did want to tell you type of thing.

That's what I usually do in those annoying instances, I simply mention it and leave it at that, should be all it takes.