PDA

View Full Version : Does your name sound weird to you?

stevenf
12-05-2009, 01:38 AM
Before I grow uncontrollably (I hope), I would like to change my name the same time I form an LLC. I am at a loss of ideas and I think its all based on personal opinion. So many people use there name and I think it looks fine. When I try my name, I think its bad.
Did you guys have the same feeling about using your own name?

DLAWNS
12-05-2009, 01:47 AM
Before I grow uncontrollably (I hope), I would like to change my name the same time I form an LLC. I am at a loss of ideas and I think its all based on personal opinion. So many people use there name and I think it looks fine. When I try my name, I think its bad.
Did you guys have the same feeling about using your own name?

Nahh, just my personal preference but I think 9 times out of 10 it sounds good to use your last name. If you want post what ideas you've had and I'm sure plenty of guys will tell you what they think of it.:)

Alpha Property
12-05-2009, 09:31 AM
when i did it i didn't want my actual name anywhere neer my business name, around here we have "Ron's Lawns" and "Ben's Lawn Care" and although they are now multi crew company's, it still sounds to me like there high school kids cutting grass. Also one of the mower shops i use to hang around at was called "Jame's Tune Up" and the poor guy got busy and hired a secretary and it was useless cuz everyone that called was looking for James

z71tiger
12-06-2009, 12:47 AM
when i was coming up with my name it did sound funny, now using it everyday its just like saying my own name.

RigglePLC
12-06-2009, 12:26 PM
All the good names are already registered. What is wrong with "Steven".
"Lawns by Steven"
Steven of Cleveland
Super Steven Lawn Care
Careful Steven lawn Care

Big C
12-06-2009, 02:13 PM
Yeah I often think that I should change my name but I have to remind myself of my overall plan to add additional property services that will extend beyond lawn care. Whatever you use will catch on IMO...especially if you do good work.

g21
12-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Steve,
A lot depends on the area where you live. Sometimes if you live in an area that has national recognition, historical value, etc, it might make sense to capitolize on that. But if there is nothing significant about your town, county, region, etc, than using your name may make more sense. Graphic design can play a big role in how it looks.

ox6603
12-08-2009, 11:51 AM
Also, if you plan to "grow uncontrollably" consider that you may one day have a valuable company that you want to sell. Coincidently, my name is Steve, so I would buy your company, but most people are not named Steve and would not want a company with someone else's name on it.
Posted via Mobile Device

clean_cut
12-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Also, if you plan to "grow uncontrollably" consider that you may one day have a valuable company that you want to sell. Coincidently, my name is Steve, so I would buy your company, but most people are not named Steve and would not want a company with someone else's name on it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, It could be a problem when trying to sell your company, but using a common name could also sound unprofessional/common.

Which sounds better and stands out more to you?

Ron's Lawn Care, Bill's Landscaping, Joe's Lawn and Landscape...

or

4 season lawn care, Paradise Lawn Care, etc

Using your last name could work, as long as it sound professional and not too common. (I know I'll spell this wrong) Depierro Lawns sound's Nice and professoinal, not a common name either (Smith Lawn Care might not work so well).

DLAWNS
12-09-2009, 11:31 PM
Using your last name could work, as long as it sound professional and not too common. (I know I'll spell this wrong) Depierro Lawns sound's Nice and professoinal, not a common name either (Smith Lawn Care might not work so well).

Thanks man and I think you're the first person to ever spell my last name correct!:laugh:

pararest
12-12-2009, 02:49 AM
Now is a great time to change your name....

It's smart to go away from using your name for your business.....

Micah Owner
Paradise Restored
Portland Landscaping
(http://www.paradiserestored.com)