PDA

View Full Version : New business, new logo

JFGauvreau
12-05-2009, 04:52 PM
Please tell me of what you think about this logo I made.

I will remove the green background to put on my truck since my truck is red and it will look like Christmas.

SW Services
12-05-2009, 08:08 PM
I like it alot but not too keen on the color choice. I am not sure how visible the gold lettering is going to be when the sun is shining on it and there is a glare. But, thats just my opinion. Otherwise, I really like it.

JFGauvreau
12-06-2009, 10:58 AM
Ya I forgot about the sun shining on it, good point, thx.

RigglePLC
12-06-2009, 12:15 PM
Sorry JFG, I don't like it. Hard to read with the two colors of letters. Also the letters have an odd broken outline--almost like camoflage--reducs visibility even more. You would have to drive really slow for anybody to see and remember that name. What is it again? The name is a little difficult, pronounciation not obvious, say as compared to "Scotts" , "Davy" or "American". Soft g or hard g? But maybe you are in Quebec where it is more common. On a red truck you would probably have to stay with your only choice: bold white letters. Discuss the logo with a top quality sign or print shop. You want something that also looks nice at the top of your letterhead and invoices. You might drop by Office Max or go online and buy some extra big self-stick vinyl or static cling letters just to see how it looks. They don't have the tree or grass pictures, though.

JFGauvreau
12-06-2009, 12:35 PM
Ya you are right, some people told me it looks nice and professional others told me it was hard to read, I will come up with some other colors and see what other people think on the forums.

As far as Gauvreau, I live in Eastern Ontario and there is bilingual folks here, and i'll keep that name for now.

JFGauvreau
12-06-2009, 04:18 PM

opinions?

93Chevy
12-06-2009, 04:25 PM
I like the look of the second one better, but I don't like the color scheme. And the tree looks like it's covered in snow because it's white. I don't know if that's bad or not.

RigglePLC
12-06-2009, 09:19 PM
I like the gray on blue scheme. Letters are a little thin--I like them bolder. Reads quicker when truck is moving. Also put logo on tailgate and in white along the top of the windshield. Back glass, too. Cheaper to do it all at once. Remember your truck is like a traveling bill board. Free advertising, on a bill board you don't have to rent. You can put an advertising sign on a bus for about $100 per month--its your bus--so you don't have to pay. However, consider ways to make it more effective. Make it bigger. REALLY big, even if you have to cover part of the front fender, the door and part of the side of the bed. Ask any woman--size matters. Not sure if a phone or web address would help.